jatechexpert
jatechexpert, Engineer
Experience:  I can help you with your home work questions

Part 1: Creating a UML Sequence Diagram The use-case description

Part 1: Creating a UML Sequence Diagram
The use-case description is written from the user's point of view and not an object-oriented implementation view. For a detailed object-oriented view, you need to create a sequence diagram. In this assignment, you will create a sequence diagram for a use case.
Perform the following tasks:
1. Review your text-based use case for the Broadway Entertainment Company (BEC)
2. Identify the boundary, control, and entity classes that are needed for implementing this use case.
3. Use the Violet UML modeling tool to create a sequence diagram for this use case.
4. Take a screenshot of the sequence diagram and paste it into a Word document.

Part 2: Creating an Activity Diagram
You will create an activity diagram that depicts the workflow of a use case for the BEC project.
Perform the following steps:
1. Review the description of BEC Request Rental Extension on pages 183–186 of the textbook.
2.Use the Violet UML editor to create an activity diagram that models the workflow through the Request Rental Extension use case on page 184 of the textbook(Below is the Request Rental Extension).
3. Take a screenshot of the activity diagram and paste it into a Word document.

Request Rental Extension for Broadway Entertainment Company (BEC)
The team studied documentation of the Entertainment Tracker system provided to store employees and the manager. From this documentation, the team understood the data about products and product sales and rentals maintained in store records. This was a necessary step to determine what data the “Request rental extension” use case would need from the customer and Entertainment Tracker. It was clear that MyBroadway would not be the system of record to operate the store; Entertainment Tracker was this official record. For example, the official record of when a rented product was due to be returned would be recorded in the Entertainment Tracker database.Thus,product inventory,sales,and rental data needed by MyBroadway would be extracted periodically from Entertainment Tracker to be stored in MyBroadway for faster access and to keep the two systems as decoupled as possible. Because of the role of Entertainment Tracker, any activity in MyBroadway that changed data in Entertainment Tracker would have to submit a transaction to Entertainment Tracker that Entertainment Tracker understood. The only instance of this team discovered related to the “Request rental extension” use case. This use case finds the due date in the MyBroaday database and then interacts with Entertainment Tracker to request the extension and to inform the customer whether the extension was accepted. Entertainment Tracker, however, would make the decision, based on its own rules, whether or not to accept the extension. Fortunately, requesting an extension is a transaction in Entertainment Tracker handled from a point-of-sale terminal in the store, so MyBroadway would simply need to simulate this transaction
Category: Homework
Expert:  jatechexpert replied 8 months ago.
hi

thanks for requesting me
upload the details through www.wikisend.com and post the link

THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
jatechexpert, Engineer
Experience: I can help you with your home work questions
hi