Eric M.
Eric M., Tutor
Experience:  9 years of tutoring experience, Bachelor's and Master's in Computing, pursuing PhD

For Eric M - binary search

For Eric M

Hello, I want to ask you for advice and help in a small exercise in JAVA.

Documentation : link

2 Java files: 1 /  2

Hey! Thanks for requesting me, I'll be glad to help. Let me just make sure I'm understanding the assignment:

For Exercise 1, is there actually anything to do? It looks like it's just instructions on how to run and see something, but doesn't ask for any changes.

Would you like me to look at your test cases, too, or to just write 6 of my own?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

In Exercise 1, there is nothing to do. It is just a short explanation about the methods.

The actual exercise will start in 2. I would appreciate if you can come up with 6 other test cases, thus I believe some of mine are not really test cases (except for the first one, I guess). Starting from Exercise 3/4, I do not really understand what the error is or how to correct it. If you also can show me how Exercise 5 can be done (from your test cases), I would be happy.

Thank you!

p.s Will you have time to finish it within the next 12 hrs?

Sure thing! I can do it right now. Were you looking for an estimate from me on what the right price for this question ought to be? I'm not sure how the customer side of this site works, so I'm unsure if the price shown is the one you selected.

You need to spend $3 to view this post. Add Funds to your account and buy credits.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX fast. I will have a look.

And, yes, I would like to know what the usual price is for this kind of question. ... and I still have not completely figure it out yet how the select a specific value (like something between 16 and 33).

Sure thing! JustAnswer was actually down for a couple hours, so I wasn't as quick as it looks here :) It actually took me a while to find the error, mostly because I was expecting something larger than one single missing character.

Typically from problems the size of this one and the previous one, the 49-50 you paid for the other question is about right. I'm always happy to set something more firm connecting the hours spent on an assignment to the rate as well.

If you'd like me to get in touch with customer service to help you with the price as well, I'm more than happy to!