FiveStarLaw
FiveStarLaw, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer, Accountant and Researcher
9968427

15. (TCO 11) Which of the following is (are) representative

15. (TCO 11) Which of the following is (are) representative of the focus of agency authority? (Points : 5)
Control of supply
Control of rates
Control of conduct
All of the above

Question 16.16. (TCO 8) When faced with a tender offer, the first duty of the management and directors of the target company is (Points : 5)
to protect the CEO.
to protect the best interest of the shareholders.
to refuse the offer.
to mount a proxy fight.

Question 17.17. (TCO 6) The Sherman Anti-trust Act and the Clayton Act can (Points : 5)
only be enforced by the federal government.
can only be enforced by private parties.
can be enforced only be competing businesses.
can be enforced by both individuals and the government.

Question 18.18. (TCO 6) Which of the following represent(s) the hazards of mergers? (Points : 5)
Innovation may be harmed
Market concentration can lead to higher prices
Some companies may become so large we cannot allow them to fail
All of the above

Question 19.19. (TCO 9) The agency charged with writing and enforcing consumer financial products is (Points : 5)
the Federal Trade Commission.
the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau.
the Consumer Product Safety Commission.
the Food and Drug Administration.

Question 20.20. (TCO 11) The Truth in Lending Act primarily requires (Points : 5)
regulation of credit terms.
ability to repay the loan.
disclosure.
that the customer submit a credit report.

Question 21.21. (TCO 11) Deadbeat Collection Agency trains its callers to attempt to contact debtors by telephone. To be sure they have the right person, they first make a call in which they say they are trying to contact the debtor because he or she has won a valuable prize (usually a cruise). Deadbeat's tactics are effective, but what law makes these tactics illegal? (Points : 5)
The Consumer Protection Act
TILA
The Fair Debt Collection Practices Act
The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau

Question 22.22. (TCO 9) The Clean Water Act (Points : 5)
is enforced by the EPA only.
is enforced by the individual states only.
is primarily enforced by the states, with the EPA acting only if necessary.
is primarily enforced by the EPA, with the states acting only if necessary.

Question 23.23. (TCO 7) Those who install Internet tracking tools that are able to collect data from your Web searches, visits to vendors, use of social media, and the like (Points : 5)
must provide an opt-out feature, to allow you to refuse tracking.
must provide an opt-in feature, to allow you to permit tracking.
are not required to provide either an opt-out or opt-in feature.
are illegal.

Question 24.24. (TCO 7) Copyright (Points : 5)
A: is available only for books and journals.
B: is available for a variety of intellectual creation, including such things as databases and software.
C: covers virtually all material which can be accessed online.
D: Both B and C

Essays

1. (TCO 10) What advantages do contingent workers and independent contractors bring to employers? (Points : 10)

Question 2. 2. (TCO 10) What does sexual harassment consist of? (Points : 10)

Question 3. 3. (TCO 1) Discuss the scope of Congressional control over administrative agencies. (Points : 10)

Question 4. 4. (TCO 8) Explain what the offeror announces in a tender offer. (Points : 10)

Question 5. 5. (TCO 11) Discuss the general expectations for the rules that are to be created by the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB). (Points : 10)

Question 6. 6. (TCO 9) A 2003 study of clean air regulations by the Federal Office of Management and Budget concluded clean air regulations were worth the cost. Describe the data on which the OMB relied in reaching this conclusion. (Points : 10)

Question 7. 7. (TCO 7) Define cyberstalking and cyberbullying. (Points : 10)

Question 8. 8. (TCO 10) Parents and caregivers have expressed increasing frustration with the fact that conflict of career demands, with demands made by family responsibilities, unduly impacts the career path of these workers, and especially women workers. Discuss how law has affected women's ability to pursue careers and the trends in this area of legislation. (Points : 20)

Question 9. 9. (TCO 9) Discuss examples of market incentives used to address environmental problems. (Points : 20)
Category: Homework
Expert:  FiveStarLaw replied 1 year ago.
Hi Kyu,

As previously discussed, I will answer only your multiple-choice questions. You will need to open a different page to submit the essay questions to a writing expert
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

got it.

thanks – I need approximately 20 to 30 more minutes to complete
Hi Kyu,

Here are my answers to the multiple-choice questions for comparison with your own:

http://www.mediafire.com/?lbo90t2gu6tq952

Please let me know if I can assist you further.

I am here to help. To speak with me again, simply place my name in the first sentence of your new question. If I cannot help you, I can direct you to someone who can.

When you receive your Customer Satisfaction Survey from JustAnswer , please consider providing me a 10 rating. It benefits my ability to assist you and other customers, and would be tremendously appreciated.

Thanks again and all the best to you.

FiveStarLaw
FiveStarLaw, Lawyer
Experience: Lawyer, Accountant and Researcher
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you,

THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.