R.R. Jha
R.R. Jha, Tutor
Experience:  B.Tech
20870358

R.R.jha, hello, I have another question for you. I have data

R.R.jha, hello, I have another question for you. I have data in column A, and want to select entire data and return the occurence of each letter combination and place this data into column B. for example: the combination A-B-C-D-E occurs 110 times etc. Also the same idea for the data in column M, I want to select the entire data and return the occurence of each number combination and place this data in column O. for example -11--8--3--1--4 occurs 1 time etc. http://ge.tt/7wa126w/v/0 Thanks

p.s.   I want this to be done with macro. ill be adding more data so i want to be able to select entire data as as it expands.

Category: Homework
Expert:  Lindie-mod replied 10 months ago.

I'm Lindie, and I’m a moderator for this topic. I sent your requested professional a message to follow up with you here, when they are back online.

If I can help further, please let me know. Thank you for your continued patience.

Best,

Lindie

Customer: replied 10 months ago.

Thanks

Expert:  R.R. Jha replied 10 months ago.
Here it is. Just run the macro countCombination_A_M. No need to select anything. It will count all values in column A and M. You may also add data anywhere in column A or M.

https://app.box.com/s/69mf986cn7i361ndxjqn

Thanks
R.R. Jha, Tutor
Experience: B.Tech
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Thanks again! Good job!
Glad to help.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I like how the macro worked!!! I was wondering if you could add to the column to the right of the number of occurences, 21,show the A-B-D-A-D once and list the occurence of 21. This way when I go through data it will be easier to research. But keep the macro as is just add to it, the same with the number data. Let me know if you can do this thanks! I will have other questions in the near future! Thanks again would this be considered a f/u question?

I can do that. I can put them in alphabetical order in column C and their count in column D. Does that help?

As for your other query, you may add $20 as bonus on previous rating for the extra work.

Thanks
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Keep same order as they are thanks, XXXXX XXXXX works. So you can do the same for the numbers as well? Ill add bonus thanks.
I don't get how keeping same order would help. In alphabetical order, you can easily locate your desired combination and its count. This order would only be in column C(combination) and column D(count). It won't affect ordering of rest of data.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Ok that would be ok thanks
Alright.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

How do I add the $20 bonus to the the previous rating?

There should be 'Add bonus' option at the same place above where you left the rating.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

okay i see where i rated Excellent service but no (add bonus) it was there earier today.

Ok, see if you've the option available on ratings on previous questions.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

ok got it thanks!

You're welcome
Customer: replied 3 months ago.

For RRjha only,

Hi, how are you?

I wanted to ask if you could add macro that would look at the numbers 1 to 35 and place the positions in which for EX: say the number 1 was ever found on. and be able to do this with the remaining 2 to 35. so if 1 was found on A4 it will list it under the number 1 and list all the remaining positions that number 1 was ever found in what position. The columns are 1 to 35 with the results of searched data to be placed on rows below the number. I left the bonus on the other question open, so when I get paid next week Thursday, I can pay the bonus for this one on there that way the entire payment will go to you. these recent questions are in preparation for a major macro I will have for you to work on as a new question.

Let me know if you could do that, and ill send file. If not I could wait till next week, just been plugging away at this everyday.

Thanks again.

Let me know you got a chance to review this. I can set up new question when I get home. Thanks