LogicPro
LogicPro, Engineer
Experience:  Expert in Java C++ C C# VB Javascript Design SQL HTML
29751445

Need help with a dice roller javascript program

It is a dice roller and has specific instructions. The code I have come up with is not working! Here are the instructions for the assignment: Instructions For this lab you will be creating a webpage that allows the user to roll dice. The following constructor function can be used to simulate a die that can be rolled: function Die( ) { this.sides = 6; this.roll = function( ) { return parseInt((Math.random( ) * 1000) % this.sides) + 1; } } To roll the die you can create a die object: var d = new Die( ); A default die has six sides but you can change the number of sides: d.sides = 12; On your page the user should be given the ability to choose how many sides will be used on the dice. The number of sides should be limited to between 2 and 100. Both dice will have the same number of sides. To roll the die you call its roll method and it will return the rolled value: var rolled_value = d.roll( ); On your page you should give the user a button they can click to trigger the rolling of the two dice. What your script should do is roll two dice 36000 times and keep track of the number of times each total for the two dice occur. Two columns of text should be shown on your page. One should show the total number of times that each total was rolled and the other should show each total as a percentage of the 36000 rolls. For example, if the user types in that they want 4 sided dice and clicks the roll button they should be given two lists of numbers. The actual rolls list would be something like: 2: 2341 3: 4486 4: 6626 5: 9166 6: 6636 7: 4480 8: 2265 And the percentage list would look something like: 2: 6.50% 3: 12.46% 4: 18.41% 5: 25.46% 6: 18.43% 7: 12.44% 8: 6.29% Your numbers will not exactly match these are rolling dice is a random process. These numbers just give you an idea of the range and format the responses should be in. (pdf file attached)

Attachment: 2013-10-23_235004_dice_roller.pdf

Welcome back.
Thank you for asking me

Download:
http://wikisend.com/download/428668/diceRoller.html

You can ask me again using "For LogicPro only" at the start of your questions like you did to get instant answers.

It will ensure that question is for me.

Please bookmark my profile page:

http://www.justanswer.com/homework/expert-logicpro/

so you can come back and ask me a question anytime.

Remember, if for any reason you are unsatisfied with my answer, we can continue the conversation until you’re satisfied and rate my answer as excellent. I can address follow up questions on original requirements at no extra charge and I’m always here to help.

Thank you for using this site!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The only thing I see missing is that the number of sides should be limited to between 2 and 100. It says "the number of sides should be limited to between 2 and 100. Both dice will have the same number of sides"... which the user inputs how many they want to roll.

ok, please check back in 2 hours.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!

You need to spend $3 to view this post. Add Funds to your account and buy credits.
Hi Jinger,
Just following up with you to see how everything is going and if you have more questions for me.
You can ask me again using "For LogicPro only" at the start of your questions like you do to get instant answers.
It will ensure that question is for me.
Please bookmark my profile page:
If you need any additional information on this answer, please don't hesitate to ask by clicking on 'Reply to Expert', and I will reply as soon as possible.
I hope you found the information in my answer helpful, and if so, please let me know, here. Thank you!
Thanks very much for using Just Answer!
Best wishes
LogicPro