Chris M.
Chris M., M.S.W. Social Work
Experience:  Master's Degree, strong math and writing skills, experience in one-on-one tutoring (college English)

i actually need some help with homework

i actually need some help with homework

Under the MPC, accomplice liability rests on who?

Sometimes primary actors think that they are receiving assistance by someone who actually wishes to set them up. Such an accomplice is known as a(n?

Three of the following statements reflect the MPC's position regarding the natural and probable consequences doctrine. Which one is incorrect? .

Under the MPC, an accomplice is liable for crimes that follow as a natural extension of the target crime and are necessary to the success of the intended crime to which he is an aider and abettor.
The MPC does not extend accomplice liability to crimes the accomplice did not aid or intend.
The MPC does not extend accomplice liability to crimes that were not agreed to.
The MPC does not follow the natural and probable consequences doctrine.

For accomplice liability, the law requires an actus reus that contributes to the commission of a crime, either by an

: affirmative act or by an omission. affirmative act or by a guilty state of mind.

omission or by concurrence.

omission or by a guilty state of mind

A person's unpremeditated presence at a crime scene in order to provide assistance:

establishes liability even if that person is never called upon for assistance.

establishes liability if that person is a known criminal.

does not establish liability if that person is never called upon for assistance

.

does not establish liability in any situations except for probation or parole violations.

A person is an accomplice only if he or she takes any of three of the following actions. Which of the following is NOT an action that will make someone liable as an accomplice?

possessing the intent to support or encourage the commission of the crime
providing assistance in avoiding capture and arrest after the crime
aiding or assisting another in the commission of a crime
intending that the primary party commit the underlying offense

Generally, any additional criminal acts committed during the commission of a planned crime will be considered a natural and foreseeable consequence if they:

are harmful to others, including innocent victims.

. involve the use of a dangerous or deadly weapon require the accomplice to take actions that he or she does not want.

are necessary to accomplish the original criminal goal.

Most jurisdictions will allow convictions for nonproxyable crimes. True False

Under common law, an accomplice could not be convicted of a crime unless the primary actor was also convicted. True False

person who uses an innocent agent to commit a crime is considered an accomplice, not a principal. True False

Some jurisdictions refuse to extend accomplice liability to those who encourage negligent or reckless behavior because there is no intent for the criminal outcome. True False

Three of the following are examples of situations that can diminish a person's criminal responsibility.

extreme youth, such as being too young to be tried as a juvenile

offender being forced at gunpoint to steal a car mental infirmity, such as mental retardation or mental illness being a first-time offender

The doctrine of innocent instrumentality runs into technical problems where a statute only applies to a certain class of people by definition
True or false
Three of the following are examples of situations that can diminish a person's criminal responsibility. Which of the following is NOT one of these examples, as listed in your textbook?
extreme youth, such as being too young to be tried as a juvenile offender
being forced at gunpoint to steal a car
mental infirmity, such as mental retardation or mental illness
being a first-time offender

Category: Homework
Expert:  FiveStarLaw replied 9 months ago.
Hi Janine,

I can assist you. Please let me know your deadline.
Expert:  Chris M. replied 9 months ago.
Hello, and thanks for the question.

Answers are as follows:

Under the MPC, accomplice liability rests on accountability.

Sometimes primary actors think that they are receiving assistance by someone who actually wishes to set them up. Such an accomplice is known as a(n) Agent Provocateur or Feigning Accomplice

Three of the following statements reflect the MPC's position regarding the natural and probable consequences doctrine. Which one is incorrect?

For accomplice liability, the law requires an actus reus that contributes to the commission of a crime, either by an affirmative act or by an omission.

does not establish liability if that person is never called upon for assistance.

A person is an accomplice only if he or she takes any of three of the following actions. Which of the following is NOT an action that will make someone liable as an accomplice? Providing assistance in avoiding capture and arrest after the crime.

Generally, any additional criminal acts committed during the commission of a planned crime will be considered a natural and foreseeable consequence if they are necessary to accomplish the original criminal goal.

Most jurisdictions will allow convictions for nonproxyable crimes. False

Under common law, an accomplice could not be convicted of a crime unless the primary actor was also convicted. True

A person who uses an innocent agent to commit a crime is considered an accomplice, not a principal. False

Some jurisdictions refuse to extend accomplice liability to those who encourage negligent or reckless behavior because there is no intent for the criminal outcome. True

Three of the following are examples of situations that can diminish a person's criminal responsibility. Which of the following is NOT one of these examples, as listed in your textbook? Being a first-time offender

The doctrine of innocent instrumentality runs into technical problems where a statute only applies to a certain class of people by definition. True

Hope this helps!

Customer: replied 9 months ago.

THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU!!

Which of the following are causes that are either largely foreseeable or related to the defendant's conduct, so their existence still makes the defendant liable for the resulting social harm?

independent interrupting causes

dependent intervening causes

independent intervening causes

. dependent interrupting causes

True

False

am i able to contact you for help again? is there a way to find the same expert on here?

you saved my day!

Expert:  Chris M. replied 9 months ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Chris M., M.S.W. Social Work
Experience: Master's Degree, strong math and writing skills, experience in one-on-one tutoring (college English)