Scott, MIT Graduate
Experience:  MIT Graduate (Math, Programming, Science, and Music)

(HW1) List some of the attacks on the Diffie-Hellman key exchange

Customer Question

(HW1) List some of the attacks on the Diffie-Hellman key exchange protocol we discussed in the lecture. Present your solution for avoiding such attacks.

(HW2a) In the Diffie-Helman protocol, g=11, p=29, x=5, and y=7.

1. What is the value of the symmetric key?
2. What is the value of R1 and R2?

Variations of data

1. g=7, p=23, x=3, and y=5
2. g=5, p=19, x=7, and y=3
3. g=11, p=31, x=3, and y=9
4. g=7, p=43, x=2, and y=7

(HW2b) In the Diffie-Helman protocol, what happens is x and y have the same value, that is, Alice and Bob accidentally chosen the same number? Are R1 and R2 same? Do the session key calculated by Alice and Bob have the same value? Explain what would adversary observe? Could she guess Alice’s and Bob’s private key? Use an example to prove your claims.

(HW3a) Using RSA scheme, let p=23, q=31, d=457, calculate the public key e. Provide detailed description of all steps, explain what information will be published and what destroyed.
Optionally: Encrypt and decrypt simple message M1=100.

Variation of data

1. p=23, q=31, d=233
2. p=23, q=31, d=139

(HW3b) Suppose Fred sees your RSA signature on m1 and m2, (i.e., he sees (m1d mod n) and (m2d mod n)). How does he compute the signature on each of m1j mod n (for positive integer j), m1-1 mod n, m1 x m2 mod n, and in general m1j m2k mod n (for arbitrary j and k)?
Category: Homework
Expert:  Josie-Mod replied 3 years ago.

I'm Josie and I'm a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with our professionals to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of our professionals.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

Also remember that JustAnswer has a multitude of categories to help you with all your needs from Pet to Legal.

Thank you,

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

If you can provide a comprehensive response within the stipulated time frame, I will still be interested.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hello Josie.

So are you up for it?

Kindly let me know soon.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hello Josie.

My question has not been answered, but my card has been charged. I will have to pull the plug in 3 hours.

Expert:  Josie-Mod replied 2 years ago.

Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX continue to look for a professional to assist you.

You have made a good faith deposit, which you can use to pay for a helpful answer, or have refunded upon your request. We can not predict or guarantee response time, just because the volume of questions, number of professionals online, complexity of questions, and other factors vary. Also, the time difference between us can affect the timing.

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance while you wait.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Dear Josie,

I guess I need a refund so I can move on.

Expert:  Mr. Gregory White replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is Greg.

The moderator let me know that you might be needing assistance but I see that it might be past your deadline.

I am sorry that we were unable to help on this prompt. Many experts have reviewed your question so far, but no one at this time has felt comfortable trying to help. The question may be just to difficult or not informative enough or priced to low.

If your question is still needed, fell free to reply back and let me know. You can also request me by putting "For Greg" at the front of your post so it is forwarded to me right away.

You are a valued customer and I hope you will consider us for your future needs.