John, Engineer
Experience:  Bachelors Degree
27270878

The Database design project carries a weight of 20%. After

Customer Question

The Database design project carries a weight of 20%. After thoroughly understanding the principles and methods of designing a database, you should select a specific area/topic for your database. Database project is due on or before December 10, 2013.

Design a database using MS Access with the following specifications (at least):

1. Create appropriate tables (you should have at least 5 tables) and identify relationships.
2. Identify clearly the primary and foreign key (s).
3. Data should be entered using a data entry form.
4. Design queries that ask for user input (i.e., ask for a patient id to retrieve patient information.)
5. Generate a report on your database to answer questions (for example, how many patients were hospitalized due to cardiac problems)
6. Design queries to retrieve information from multiple tables.
7. After any update or manipulation, you database should maintain referential integrity.

Example database project:

Scenario: Assume you are a new person hired to create and maintain a small hospital patient database. The hospital has the following scenario:

Patient visits the hospital. First, patients have to register with the registration clerk, where the clerk records patient demographics (name, id, address, gender, race etc.). Then they are called by an assigned nurse to record information such as body temperature, blood pressure etc. After that they will see assigned doctor. Depending on situation, doctors may or may not admit patients for inpatient services. Doctor provides new prescriptions for patients and records all the medications that a patient is currently taking. Each medication has start date as well as end date and physician information who prescribes the medication. Doctor may also order laboratory works for the patient. Laboratory attendant updates the lab test results for each of the patients with proper order and information.

Design a hospital patient management database with tables for each of the proper entities (patient, medications, hospital staff, lab test, hospitalization of patients, doctor information, prescriptions etc.). For each patient’s visit, patient should have a primary diagnosis (reason for visit) also. Populate your tables with appropriate dummy data (make up your own data).

This is just a sample to give you an idea about how your database project should be. You can choose this for your project if you want to. You are welcome to choose your own project for different settings (other than patient management). Please let us know about what you choose and a brief description of what you are going to do for the project.

What to submit (Due: on or before December 10, 2013):
- A detail description of your project
- Diagram of your database including tables with attributes and relationships.
- SQL for queries.
- Screen shots of the queries and results (at least for specifications 4,5 and 6 mentioned above)
- Your database project in MS Access (the .mdb file)
Category: Homework
Expert:  John replied 3 years ago.
hi

thanks for your question

upload all details in a Word document to www.wikisend.com
send me the Download link or File ID
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

http://wikisend.com/download/656510/Database Project.docx

Database Project.docx

Expert:  John replied 3 years ago.
hi

when do you need this
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

By the end of the week.

Expert:  John replied 3 years ago.
hi

ok then
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks!

Would you be able to gear it towards healthcare? Here is an example that she sent us.

http://wikisend.com/download/761664/TS001228997.accdt

TS001228997.accdt

Expert:  John replied 3 years ago.
hi

ok
Expert:  John replied 3 years ago.
hi

i have sent an underpriced report
check it and please raise the price
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

is it possible to see some screen shots of what you have done?

Expert:  John replied 3 years ago.
hi

i will send it on thrusday
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I will increase the price based on what I see. I will tentatively raise the amount to $23. If I am satisfied I will increase. I also need to be assured that you are not sending me something which another student has used.

Expert:  John replied 3 years ago.
hi

ok no problem , i will do this as new one

check it on thursday
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Good day, I was wondering if the project is available?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

John,

Is the project ready?

Expert:  John replied 3 years ago.
hi

by tonight
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hey John,

Do you have an update for me?
Expert:  John replied 3 years ago.
hi

not yet finished,

please wait until tonight,
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Sure no problem take your time I do need it by Monday we have an extension. I appreciate your help
Expert:  John replied 3 years ago.
hi

ok then thanks
Expert:  John replied 3 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!

You need to spend $3 to view this post. Add Funds to your account and buy credits.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hey John,

I submitted the Project to the teacher and she came back with the comments below.

Why there is no relationship in between tables? Which is the master table and which one is the child table? How each tables are related to each other?

Can you please address her changes and resend and I will compensate you accordingly after she is satisfied with the critera.

Thanks,

Ganesh

Expert:  John replied 3 years ago.
i will check it again, get back soon
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hey John,
Did you get a chance to make the changes?
Expert:  John replied 3 years ago.
do you need the relationship between the tables
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes, she is asking why there isn't any relationships between tables. Which table is the parent and child table and how each table is related to each other.

Expert:  John replied 3 years ago.
ok
Expert:  John replied 3 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks, I sent it to her lets see what she say's. The screen shot you sent is how you initially set it up or do I need to make those changes?

Expert:  John replied 3 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!

Expert:  John replied 3 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hey John,

Thank you for following up, She has yet to get back to me, I'll make sure to inform you if she has any add'l comments.

Expert:  John replied 3 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hey John,

Happy Thanksgiving

She claims that there isn't any relationships between the tables and

she wants to know which is the master table and which is the child table

and how each table is related to each other.

Expert:  John replied 3 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yea I saw that but I guess she's a bit crazy...she's an Adjunct so I expect that.

Expert:  John replied 3 years ago.
ok i will try to change