Dr. Arthur Rubin
Dr. Arthur Rubin, Professional w/Adv. Degree
Experience:  Ph.D. in Mathematics, 1978, from the California Institute of Technology, over 20 published papers
13714381

C programming questions

Attachment: 2013-10-18_180303_floatadder.docx

C programming questions:

To return 1 if 'f' is 0.0 or -0.0. Returns 0 otherwise.

To return the +1 if the sign of 'f' is positive, or -1 otherwise.

To return the exponent (the X of 2^X) of the floating point 'f' from 'DENORMALIZED_POWER_OF_2' to 'INFINITE_POWER_OF_2'. To return the mantissa of 'f', with the HIDDEN_BIT or-ed in if 'f' is not denormalized. To return the 0x0 when given +1, or 0x1 when given -1.

To return the exponent field's bit pattern for power of 2 'powerOf2'. If 'powerOf2' is greater or equal to 'INFINITE_POWER_OF_2'

To return the mantissa _field_, 'mantissa' with its hidden bit turned off.

See which has the bigger power-of-2: 'f' or 'g' // Shift the smaller of the two by the difference in power of 2. // Then add the mantissas. // What is the value of 'powerOf2'? What is the value of 'sign'? // How do you detect when the mantissa overflows? // What do you do when the mantissa does overflow?

I have the file that includes everything needed to answer these questions. The file is attached.

I'm RRJha and I'd be glad to help with your question. Please send the requirements' document and the code you've so far. You may upload them at wikisend.com or mediafire.com and post file download link here.

Thanks
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

http://wikisend.com/download/966144/floatAdder.docx

This has the requirements and the code written so far. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thank you.

Received it. What's the due date?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Sunday night.

Ok, I'll review the code and get back to you by tomorrow.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Ok sounds good.

Ok
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
So how is it going?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I need it by tomorrow please.
Hi Sana,

I'm working on it. I'll let update you in a few hours.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Ok thank you
You're welcome
I tried but seems to be more complex than I thought. I'm opting out to open your quesetion to other experts. You'll receive a reply as soon as another expert joins you.

Regards
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: Other.
Didn't answer
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

C programming questions:

Can you still use the answer? I think I can do it within an hour, although I can't test it at the moment.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes I still need an answer. That would be great. Thank you

THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!

You need to spend $3 to view this post. Add Funds to your account and buy credits.
Experience: Ph.D. in Mathematics, 1978, from the California Institute of Technology, over 20 published papers