Dr. Arthur Rubin
Dr. Arthur Rubin, Professional w/Adv. Degree
Experience:  Ph.D. in Mathematics, 1978, from the California Institute of Technology, over 20 published papers
13714381

C programming questions

Attachment: 2013-10-18_180303_floatadder.docx

C programming questions:

To return 1 if 'f' is 0.0 or -0.0. Returns 0 otherwise.

To return the +1 if the sign of 'f' is positive, or -1 otherwise.

To return the exponent (the X of 2^X) of the floating point 'f' from 'DENORMALIZED_POWER_OF_2' to 'INFINITE_POWER_OF_2'. To return the mantissa of 'f', with the HIDDEN_BIT or-ed in if 'f' is not denormalized. To return the 0x0 when given +1, or 0x1 when given -1.

To return the exponent field's bit pattern for power of 2 'powerOf2'. If 'powerOf2' is greater or equal to 'INFINITE_POWER_OF_2'

To return the mantissa _field_, 'mantissa' with its hidden bit turned off.

See which has the bigger power-of-2: 'f' or 'g' // Shift the smaller of the two by the difference in power of 2. // Then add the mantissas. // What is the value of 'powerOf2'? What is the value of 'sign'? // How do you detect when the mantissa overflows? // What do you do when the mantissa does overflow?

I have the file that includes everything needed to answer these questions. The file is attached.

Category: Homework
Expert:  R.R. Jha replied 1 year ago.

I'm RRJha and I'd be glad to help with your question. Please send the requirements' document and the code you've so far. You may upload them at wikisend.com or mediafire.com and post file download link here.

Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

http://wikisend.com/download/966144/floatAdder.docx

This has the requirements and the code written so far. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thank you.

Expert:  R.R. Jha replied 1 year ago.
Received it. What's the due date?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Sunday night.

Expert:  R.R. Jha replied 1 year ago.
Ok, I'll review the code and get back to you by tomorrow.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Ok sounds good.

Expert:  R.R. Jha replied 1 year ago.
Ok
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
So how is it going?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I need it by tomorrow please.
Expert:  R.R. Jha replied 1 year ago.
Hi Sana,

I'm working on it. I'll let update you in a few hours.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thank you
Expert:  R.R. Jha replied 1 year ago.
You're welcome
Expert:  R.R. Jha replied 1 year ago.
I tried but seems to be more complex than I thought. I'm opting out to open your quesetion to other experts. You'll receive a reply as soon as another expert joins you.

Regards
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Relist: Other.
Didn't answer
Customer: replied 12 months ago.

C programming questions:

Expert:  Dr. Arthur Rubin replied 12 months ago.
Can you still use the answer? I think I can do it within an hour, although I can't test it at the moment.
Customer: replied 12 months ago.

Yes I still need an answer. That would be great. Thank you

THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Experience: Ph.D. in Mathematics, 1978, from the California Institute of Technology, over 20 published papers