Bizhelp
Bizhelp, CPA
Experience:  Bachelors Degree and CPA with Accounting work experience
23848519

Project Management questions – MBA 1) Mathematical programming

Project Management questions – MBA

1) Mathematical programming is sometimes used to generate optimal solutions to resource constrained problems in a multi-project setting but suffers from ___
a) an inability to model project and activity due dates
b) resource substitution
c) resource constraints
d) problem complexity

2) Take the factors considered by earned value analysis and subtract those considered by project S-curves. The factor(s) you have remaining are ___
a) performance and cost
b) cost and schedule
c) time
d) performance

3) Which technique would accelerate the completion of a project?
a) hammocking
b) bursting
c) laddering
d) passing

4) In order to reduce the length of the project, it would be wise to shorten the ___
a) project activity that cost the least to speed up
b) project activity that can be sped up by the greatest amount
c) critical path activity that can be sped up by the greatest amount
d) critical path activity that cost the least to speed up

5) A 14-week construction activity requires a crane that rents for $ 1000 per week and a crew of general laborers that cost $ 5000 per week. In order to complete this activity within 10 weeks, you must hire additional general laborers at a cost of $ 2000 per week. What is the slope for this activity?
a) $ 0 per week
b) $ 1000 per week
c) $ 2000 per week
d) $ 6000 per week

6) Dummy activities have a duration equal to the ___
a) slack on the critical path
b) length of the predecessor
c) length of the successor
d) lag needed to preserve network logic

7) Networks would not be well suited for planning ___
a) a construction project
b) a wedding
c) a software upgrade
d) monthly production

8) The amount of time an activity may be delayed from its early start without delaying the finish of the project is the ___
a) delay
b) float
c) late start
d) late finish
Category: Homework
Expert:  Josie-Mod replied 11 months ago.

I'm Josie and I'm a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with our professionals to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of our professionals.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

Also remember that JustAnswer has a multitude of categories to help you with all your needs from Pet to Legal.

Thank you,

Josie~Moderator
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Hi;

Yes, I still would like to find an answer from you if that's possible.

Thank you.

Hello

Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX continue to look for a professional to assist you. Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance while you wait.

Best,
Josie~Moderator
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Hi;

Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX me updated. I am very interested to find somebody who can help me with these questions.

Thank you.

Expert:  Bizhelp replied 11 months ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Bizhelp, CPA
Experience: Bachelors Degree and CPA with Accounting work experience