Thank You Chris
# XXXXX & 12 and 17 are wrong
1. Police officers are more likely to arrest prostitutes rather than the prostitutes' male clients. In the social-conflict feminist perspective, this fact illustrates
A. false consciousness.
B. social domination of women by men.
C. class warfare.
D. gender bias.
2. Some researchers believe that, if a "gay gene" exists, it will be located on the
A. Y chromosome.
B. X or Y chromosome, but more often on the Y chromosome.
C. X or Y chromosome, but more often on the X chromosome.
D. X chromosome.
3. According to Amitai Etzioni, people will join a/an _________ organization to pursue some morally worthwhile goal.
4. Opportunity, attachment, involvement, and belief are aspects of
A. labeling theory.
B. Hirschi's social bond or control theory.
C. the medicalization of deviance.
D. Sutherlands's theory of differential association.
5. Because Shane wants to make people laugh, he'll find clever ways to contrast
A. factual and consequential realities.
B. factual and conventional realities.
C. true and false realities.
D. conventional and unconventional realities.
6. With regard to problems generated by bureaucracies, _______ refers to the rule of the many by the few.
7. The German sociologist Georg Simmel would agree most with which of the following statements?
A. A network is a web of relatively weak relationships.
B. In-groups tend to identify out-groups.
C. The smallest social group is the dyad.
D. Members of large groups turn to fellow group members to form interpersonal relationships.
8. According to George Ritzer, the four principles of what he called McDonaldization include efficiency, predictability, uniformity, and
9. If you wish to better understand the way people make sense of their everyday social world, you would most likely be focusing on the study of
A. "street smarts."
C. reality theory.
D. the Thomas theorem.
10. Regarding Sally Helgesen's characterization of what she called the "female advantage," which of the following statements is true?
A. Women aren't more inclined to value communication and promote shared knowledge.
B. Women managers typically don't give their employees more freedom.
C. Women tend to deemphasize the interconnectedness of organizational operations.
D. Women managers aren't more concerned than men with maintaining their "image."
11. The most significant form of nonverbal communication is
B. eye contact.
C. facial expression.
D. verbal intonation.
12. Which of the following best describes the concept of demeanor?
A. The use of deceptive body language
B. The devaluation of feminine words, such as hostess
C. Forcefully expressing one's point of view
D. Patterns of behavior indicating relative social power.
13. According to the findings of the massive Laumann study, the percentage of adults who report having engaged in intercourse only a few times over a year or not at all is _______ percent.
14. Within a global perspective, which one of the following statements is true?
A. The American emphasis on individual financial success helps reduce crime rates.
B. Violent crime rates are much higher in the United States than they are in Europe.
C. The widespread ownership of guns in the United States appears to have no impact on crime rates.
D. Property crime rates are much higher in the United States than they are in Europe.
15. According to Emile Durkheim, deviant behavior
A. differentiates acceptable and unacceptable people.
B. encourages social change.
C. defines cultural norms.
D. amplifies moralistic ambiguity.
16. Conflict theorist Stephen Spitzer maintains that in America the _______ system plays the central role in shaping attitudes about deviance.
C. social class
17. If we compare and contrast, we find that psychological theories of deviance are most similar to
A. biological models that embrace the medicalization of deviance.
B. present-day genetic research that weighs environmental factors.
C. the body-type theories of William Sheldon.
D. the criminal-type theories of Cesare Lombroso.
18. According to Arlie Russell Hochschild, in typical corporate and business environments managers and supervisors attempt to control employees'
A. social life.
B. behavior and emotions.
C. inner narratives.
D. linguistic behavior.
19. Max Weber was concerned that the _______ of the modern world would suppress human creativity and dehumanize us.
20. The Navajo view regards XXXXX XXXXX of people with awe because these people are seen as combining the power and potential of both males and females?
B. Male homosexual
C. Female homosexual
Some how I have a problem to post the second question under your name.
ok will do