TheDoctor
TheDoctor, Professional w/Adv. Degree
Experience:  M.S. in Internet Information Systems
59032869

Hello,I need the following done:You are to build an

JAVA

Hello, I need the following done:

You are to build an Employee Information Management System (EIMS) that allows human resource personnel to manage a company's work force.

Upon start up the system will initialize its "database" by reading a text file containing employee information. The EIMS system will then display a menu with different options such as Listing/Add new hire/Delete employee/Query/ Quit etc ... and wait for user selection to execute the selected option.

Class Design The following classes are needed:

EmployeeDatabase

- buildDB: reading text file to load employee data into database (linked list sorted by employee ID)

- listing (display all employee data)

- add: insert new hire to the right position in the sorted database - delete: remove employee from database

- query: given employee ID search and display all employee data

Employee

- instance fields are: first name, last name, employee ID, department, salary, years of service, work location

Sample of text file: Jone Eastwood;26712;IT;65438.75;5;San Jose Cindy Smith;3481;HR;45900;3;Cupertino

Completion before 6pm tonight would be preferred.

JAVA

Category: Homework
Expert:  TheDoctor replied 10 months ago.
Hello and thank you for your question. I have a couple questions about the assignment.

1.) What IDE are you using for your class? (e.g., Eclipse, NetBeans)

2.) Is this supposed to be a console application (command line) or GUI-Based (graphical user interface)?

It looks like it should be a command line application (console application).

Also, you said by 6pm. That is extremely high urgency. In which time zone are you?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

Thank you for the response.

1.) The standard IDE is Eclipse but NetBeans is also acceptable

2.) GUI is bonus points but not really needed. Whichever requires less time to complete.

I am in the Pacific time zone and 6pm was kind of a rushed statement. anytime before 10-11pm tonight would suffice.

Thanks! Please let me know if you need any further information!

Thank you. I will contact you once this is complete.
Hello again!

Please download the project here:

DOWNLOAD

I created the zip file with Eclipse. So you can simply import it into Eclipse.

Do not unzip the file.

In Eclipse, go to File->Import

From the dialog, select General->Existing Project Into Workspace

From the next dialog choose Select Archive File and browse to this zip file that I sent you.

Make sure that the EIMS project is checked and click finish.

This will import the project into eclipse for you.

All of the requirements have been fully met and all of the code is commented. The EIMS.java file includes comments about how to compile and run the project on the command line.

Let me know if you have any questions. I'm here to help!

If you require assistance in the future, please feel free to request me directly by starting your questions with **For TheDoctor**. It would be my pleasure to assist you again.

Please remember to rate my answer. Thank you so much and have a wonderful day!
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
TheDoctor, Professional w/Adv. Degree
Experience: M.S. in Internet Information Systems