Chris12
Chris12, Teacher
Experience:  Resource Center Assistant, Researcher, Tutor
32242116

I am studying the year 1874 in Texas. Can you tell me if a

Customer Question

I am studying the year 1874 in Texas. Can you tell me if a deputy in one county had the right to go into another county to arrest someone? There were no warrants for the person being arrested in the county in which he was arrested, if that makes a difference.

Thanks!
Category: Homework
Expert:  Josie-Mod replied 1 year ago.

I'm Josie and I'm a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with our professionals to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of our professionals.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

Also remember that JustAnswer has a multitude of categories to help you with all your needs from Pet to Legal.

Thank you,

Josie~Moderator

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I haven't found the answer. The year was 1874 in Comanche, Texas. There were warrants for John Wesley Hardin in other counties, obviously, but none in Comanche County. A deputy in Brown County did quite a bit of talking about how the sheriff of Comanche County wasn't tough (or whatever) enough to arrest JWH. The Brown County deputy came to Comanche County and ended up getting killed, but my question is did he have the authority to come into Comanche County and make an arrest.

Expert:  Josie-Mod replied 1 year ago.

Hello

Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX continue to look for a professional to assist you.

To be sure that the professionals best able to assist you can review your question, please let me know if this is for academic purposes or for other purposes.

Also, please let me know if I can be of any further assistance while you wait.

Best,
Josie~Moderator

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

It is not for academic purposes other than I've taught this incident for years and always believed that the Brown County deputy had no jurisdiction in Comanche County; however, that belief has been challenged, and suddenly I realize that I might be very wrong in how jurisdiction "worked" in 1874.

I don't want anyone to have to spend a lot of time on this. I just happened upon your site and thought someone might know the answer.

Expert:  Angela--Mod replied 1 year ago.
We appreciate your patience, your business is very important to us, we are waiting on the professional with the right expertise to come online. Please let us know if you would like us to continue searching for a professional or if you would like us to close your question. Thank you for your understanding!

Best,

Angela

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I don't have a clue what we are doing here. If this is too hard or requires too much time, let's just forget it.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

However, I don't want to pay you $24 for no answer. :)

Hello. I apologize for the delay as we wait for a professional with the right expertise to come online. There is no additional charge while we search for a professional, and if we're unable to find one or you do not receive a satisfactory answer, we can certainly assist you with a refund. Thank you for your patience!

Best,

Angela
Expert:  Chris12 replied 1 year ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Chris12, Teacher
Experience: Resource Center Assistant, Researcher, Tutor
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks so much. I just love it when I'm right! Seriously, thank you very much!

Expert:  Chris12 replied 1 year ago.
You are welcome, glad I could help you. If you need help again please let me know?