TheDoctor
TheDoctor, Professional w/Adv. Degree
Experience:  M.S. in Internet Information Systems
59032869

design and implement a simple and small email

Task You have to design and implement a simple and small email server using the concept of web based information system (WBIS). Your system would perform following tasks to facilitate the users: Task 1: Sign in or sign up: Already registered users should be able to sign in the system using username and password (stored in the database). A new user should be able to register (sign up) with the system providing some basic profile information such as, name, date of birth, username, password, gender etc. Task 2: See the list of users (only the user name/ID) already registered in the system. Task 3: A user should be able to send a message to another existing user using the username/ID. The message should go to the inbox of the recipient. The recipient should be able to see the message from the inbox. Task 4: A user should be able to see his/her own messages from the inbox. Task 5: A user should be able to delete a message from the inbox Task 6: A user should be able to update his/her profile Task 7: Implement any additional feature such as, sent item, trash box, message subject field, sending to multiple recipients etc.

Category: Homework
Expert:  Angela--Mod replied 11 months ago.

Hello, I'm a moderator for this topic. I've been working hard to find a professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. Please let me know and I will assist further. Thank you!

Best,

Angela
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
yes I'll be waiting

Thank you for your patience while we continue to search for a professional to assist you.

Expert:  ehabtutor replied 11 months ago.

My Name isXXXXX it would be my pleasure to assist you on this.
but before i accept to do this, i need to understand a couple of things:

In what programming language is this expected to be?
Is there any specification for using a database, since the messages should be stored in some sort of database?
When is the deadline for this?
The question is underpriced, In order for me to do it, you will need to increase the question value by another 60$

waiting for you answers.
Regards,
Ehab tutor
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

in jsp language. for the database is Microsoft Access. need it before 17/10. thank you

Unfortunately i am not familiar with jsp, i can do it in either c sharp or vb.net, if it is ok with you i will start on it, if not i will opt out for other experts. Also regarding the deadline that's a huge project, i can be done in 4 days so i can deliver it on 19/10

Let me know what do you think.
Thanks
Ehab Tutor
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Sorry , I need it to be done in jsp. Could u out put to other expert plz
Expert:  TheDoctor replied 11 months ago.
Hello and thank you for your question! It would be my pleasure to assist you with this.

Do you still require assistance? I can create this using JSP and a Microsoft Access database. However, it will require many hours of work. Do you have that much time? I know you said before today.

Let me know if you would like me to work on this or not.

Thank you!
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
How long do you think you will take for this question .
Hello again,

My best guess is up to 6 - 7 hours. It my be less than that, but I cannot guarantee it. It is a larger project.

Would you like me to start working on it?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Yes , Please . Thank you .
You're welcome. I will contact you as soon as this is complete.
Hello again!

Please download the project here:

DOWNLOAD

This project meets all of the requires and uses a Microsoft Access database.

I have tested all of it and it all works. It is using a local Microsoft Access file. All you need to do is import the Zip into NetBeans, open the index.jsp file, and press Play to run the project in Glassfish.

The database already contains some data. You can log in with:

username: TheDoctor
password: TheDoctor

While the application could certainly be expanded to include other features, such as reply to, I focused on getting all of the requirements finished and a couple of the Task 7 options (subject and sent items).

If you have any trouble running it, just let me know. I designed it specifically so that it would be very easy for you to run and you do not have to do a bunch of work to get it to run.

There is one issue you might run into, but it isn't an issue with this project. It is an issue with running 64b NetBeans while attempting to connect to a Microsoft Access file.

The Microsoft Access connection must be 32bit. So if you are using 64bit NetBeans, you may get a big error in Glassfish about not being able to find datasource name -- and nothing will work.

Access will not work with 64bit application development, so if your run into that error, you will have to change to 32bit.

To do that, quit out of NetBeans and edit the conf file for NetBeans. This is found in the installation folder for netbeans (usually in Program Files), in the etc folder.

Once you get into Program Files/NetBeans 7.x/etc/

You will find a file called netbeans.conf

Open it in WordPad. You may have to open WordPad as administrator in order to edit this fie.

In the file, you may see a line that is something like:

netbeans_jdkhome="C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.7.0_13"

This i a line pointing to a 64bit JDK (If you are running a 64bit operating system). In order to work with Access, you need to use a 32bit JDK. So, first you need to make certain that you have a 32bit JDK installed. Look in Program Files (x86) and look for a java folder. See if you have a jdk installed there. If not, google for JDK and download and install the latest 32bit version. You will then modify the file to point to:

netbeans_jdkhome="C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jdk1.7.0_13"

Of course, that version number on the string I am giving you is just an example. You want to point to a folder that actually exists on your computer. So your's might not be 1.7.0_13

In any case, if you are already using a 32bit NetBeans and JDK, you won't run into this issue at all.

Again, the project meets all of the requirements quite nicely. I really hope you enjoy it. I have been working on it the entire time.

Let me know if you have any questions. I'm here to help!

Please remember to rate my answer. Thank you so much and have a wonderful day!
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying AU$4.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
TheDoctor, Professional w/Adv. Degree
Experience: M.S. in Internet Information Systems