R.R. Jha
R.R. Jha, Tutor
Experience:  B.Tech

Hello RRJha, I was given the same chemistry project and it

Hello RRJha, I was given the same chemistry project and it has left me very confused. Could you please help me? As a Lead Analytical Chemist I have to test 5 antacids with a back-titration that works. The following is provided:

Mass of one 20.0g 21.0g 18.0g 18.3g 17.5g

Antacid mL NaOH 24.1mL 22.4mL 20.0mL 19.9mL 24.4mL

used in back

1. Which is the strongest antacid on a single dose basis? Which is the weakest? Explain and show calculations.

2. Which are the strongest and weakest on a by-weight (mass) basis? Explain and show calculations.

3. When people do back titrations, they usually watch the solution for us color change when the solution becomes neutral. What might you have used in the above experiment to get this color change to happen in the solution? At what pH what the solution have been neutral?

4. If you have walked into the lab, only to discover that you only had a 0.1 M sulfuric acid available to when your tests, how might this have affected your calculations? Why?

5. In most of the antacid detested, the active ingredient is aluminum hydroxide. Here is an unbalanced reaction that shows how this chemical neutralizes HCI) the main ingredient in stomach acid). Please provide a balanced version of this equation: Al(OH)3+HCI square AlCl + H20.

The goal is to describe precisely the tests of antacids in less than 150 words. Results need to be major findings from the tests and how the tests were performed. I thank you in advance. -Eve

Welcome and thanks for asking!

Let me know if you still need help with this question.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes, I do.

You need to spend $3 to view this post. Add Funds to your account and buy credits.
Hi Eve,

Were you able to retrieve the answer?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes, I just did. Thank you so much for all your help.

You're most welcome!
Please don't forget to leave a rating for the answer.