ehabtutor
ehabtutor, MBA
Experience:  Software Engineer,business minor,Attending my MBA,Software company owner with 5+ y exp in management
13535664

Hello, I need help finishing a basic web site in HTML5;I have

Customer Question

Hello, I need help finishing a basic web site in HTML5;I have about 45% of this completed and I will send you the zip file and checklist for the project upon acceptance of this task.

Thank you!
Category: Homework
Expert:  ehabtutor replied 10 months ago.

ehabtutor :

Hi

ehabtutor :

My Name is XXXXX XXXXX and it would be my pleasure to assist you on this.

ehabtutor :

Please send the full info so i can review it and tell you if it is ok for this price or you need to increase it

ehabtutor :

regards,

ehabtutor :

ehab tutor

Customer:

Do you have a email address where I may send you the file that contains all of my HTML5 elements for the page?

ehabtutor :

you can add them all to a zip file, then go to www.ge.tt and upload the files there. then give me the download link

ehabtutor :

ok i am downloading the files

ehabtutor :

are there any specific requirements?

Customer:

Here are the Requirements:

Customer:

Step 1 – Planning Your Web Site

1. Purpose: Define the purpose of your web site. What are the objectives of the web site? Your project will be evaluated to see if you have constructed a web programming solutions for a given problem or situation. The web site may not be a personal web site, resume web site, or “IT consulting” web site. You do not have to submit this, but you need to understand what your site is in order to plan it.

2. Graphics: Gather the graphics, photographs, images and text content that you would like to include in your web site. You can view examples of well designed web sites at www.newark1.com. You should take time to plan the layout and design of the web site and the individual pages. You cannot simply use filler content on the web page. The images must be of good quality and enhance the purpose of your web site. Make sure to use only images you are legally entitled to under Fair Use, in the public domain, your own images, or images on the Microsoft Office Clip Art Gallery. You will need to document the source of the images when you insert them into your web site.

3. All images stored in an images folder, and style sheets in the styles folder and JavaScripts in a scripts folder and media in a media folder. All web pages should be in the root folder, not in a subfolder! The home page must be named home.html.

4. Content:You will need textual content on your web site. Gather your content this week. Please make sure to proof read the content, including checking for grammar and spelling.

Customer:

Step 2 Designing the Web Site and Creating Basic Web Site

[IMAGE][SRC][/SRC][ALT][/ALT][WIDTH]100[/WIDTH][HEIGHT]100[/HEIGHT][STYLE][/STYLE][/IMAGE]

Figure 1 - Working with multiple files. Viewing the template pages in the browser.

1. Template. Create the template page with content regions defined. Link the style sheet and theme to the template page. Add in some content to test it.

2. Cascading Style Sheet: Create the style sheet and link it to the template page. Use a variety of styles and properties. Make sure to properly document the style sheet. You should keep as much of the style information contained within the style sheets. Use the style sheet to format the properties of the DIV tags. Use CSS styles to format the content. Avoid the use the local style or HTML attributes when possible. Use the lectures and lessons from class as a guide. Create CSS styles to allow you to create a mouseover effect for your entire menu. You should do this in the external CSS file so that it is easier to maintain.

3. Navigation. Set up your navigation using your template. Use the lectures and lessons from class as a guide.

Sample page - This is an example of a web page with a clear and consistent navigation.

[IMAGE][SRC][/SRC][ALT][/ALT][WIDTH]100[/WIDTH][HEIGHT]100[/HEIGHT][STYLE]width: 665px; height: 488px;[/STYLE][/IMAGE]

Figure 2 Clear and Consistent Navigation

4. Content Pages. Create the individual content pages using your template.

5. Compare and Contrast uploading files to a web server – On one page, please provide a discussion of how you would plan to obtain a domain, locate a hosting provider and upload your files to a live web site.

6. Add Content And Appropriate Content Only You must put content in the page. Look at other web sites. They are filled with content. You need to make sure you create a full page, not just “placeholder” and dummy content! You will use this site throughout the term. So spending a few extra minutes will help you in the long run.

You can put any reasonable content in the page. The content must be professional, follow school, department and classroom policies and must not be illegal content or violate copyright laws. And for students in the military, I know I don’t have to remind you to please don’t use anything sensitive. In other words, keep it decent and please do not use anything controversial, inappropriate or unprofessional.

Make sure to use "appropriate content" for a college course at Park. If you are not sure if the content is appropriate, ask the instructor in the discussion area. Examples of inappropriate content are flaming, pornography, illegal or illicit material. While there is freedom of speech and expression, the instructor reserves the right to ‘not grade’ or give a 0 to any assignment that they feel is offensive or any of the above. I’ve only had less than a handful of students in different colleges try to submit inappropriate material, so this shouldn’t be a problem for most students. Think of this like a scholarly research term paper that you would submit in a marketing class.

Do not put ‘filler content’ such as the default latin text from editors or blah blah blah. Put something meaningful. Don’t just make up garbage content. Take the viewpoint that this is a professional web site you are developing and will show to your client.

7. HTML, CSS, Forms, Dynamic HTML, JavaScript. You must augment the site with HTML, Dynamic HTML effects, CSS, Forms and JavaScript. Use the lectures and lessons from class as a guide.

8. Create 2-3 forms. Create forms. You should create several forms using a variety of form field elements, not just a login form! Each form control should have a corresponding label. You can simply assign a value displayed on the button controls. You may use the label control if you associate the label control with the form control.

Provide directions for the user on how to complete the form. Is there a special format they need to enter the data like a phone number? (###-###-####) or birth date (##/##/##) Require the user to make a selection or enter values for at least 3 of the fields. Put an asterisk * or other indication to tell your user which fields are required! You will also provide them with directions on what the asterisk mean.

Figure: A simple form example

9. HTML Elements – should include a variety of elements, lists, tables, nav, header, footer, div and span tags, headings, line break, images, hyperlinks, iframe, video, audio, svg files and canvas.

10. JavaScripts – Create external JavaScript files to store your scripts. Create programs with JavaScript to validate forms, process form data, perform calculations, verify data, animations, create cookies, DHTML effects. Create a JavaScript to use some interactive DHTML effects such as hiding/unhiding content such as an image, use some interactive DHTML effects such as mouseover content such as an image. Create the JavaScripts to retrieve the form data, validate the form, process the form, perform a calculation with data from the form and display the form results to the browser.

11. Web Page Content. Create the individual images, media and textual content for the web pages.

12. Validate your code. The page needs to comply with HTML 5. Go to the W3C Validation Service . Validate the HTML code using the W3C Validation Service at http://validator.w3.org/file-upload.html. There should be no errors.

Customer:

Step 3 Review and Document and Submit the Project

1. Review. Review the entire web site for errors in design. If links do not work or the images do not load, you will also lose points! Run the web site and test every page. Test, debug, and improve your program. You may want to have other users test out your program. Check spelling and grammar for each page

2. Coding Conventions and Documentation. Make sure that you have used proper coding conventions, including naming of variables, documentation of the HTML, JavaScript, CSS and any other items in the web project that need documentation by the programmer to help maintain the project. Merely putting your name and date at the top of the page is not sufficient! Document your name and the purpose of the program or file. Be detailed! The title of each page should be configured along with the meta tags for keywords and description. Insert an HTML comment tag in each page that identifies the name of the page and the date you last modified the page. If in doubt, document, document, document!!!!

3. Add Creativity and Variety. Add other types of technologies and or other features that enhance the site.

4. Share your site in Week 7 discussions as a requirement, even if it is unfinished, so you can get feedback from other students and the instructor.

5. Upload the Project. Make sure to compress the folder into a WinZip compatible file format then upload the zipped file to the Dropbox at the date and time listed on the Course Schedule page.

Customer:

Completion of the AssignmentCompleted all requirements and followed directions. Included HTML 5, CSS 3, JavaScript, Forms, DHTML, followed HTML Syntax.30
Web Site Navigation & OrganizationSubmitted all the files correctly in the Drop Box and on time The web site is viewable in IE 8.0 or above. Used the file names assigned and folder structure as assigned. Configured web site navigation as directed and the navigation are easy to follow with link from and to the home page. Web site published to a live web server and provided the URL within the comments in the Dropbox.15
Presentation (Web Page, Web Site Design, Layout & User Interface)Effectively configured HTML textual attributes, and, application of graphics within the web page, and organized page layout and design, and organized web site layout and design. BE CREATIVE!!30
Documentation, Style & User InterfaceCode is usually well structured for reading; lines of code are not longer the page width, and indentation does reflect block structure. Clear documentation provided for each web page as directed in the lecture, presentation & directions. (including meta tags, html, and in the css, java and javascript files) Documents sources of third party code, graphics, and resources.15
Web Program Design and EfficiencyAdhered to the project requirements. Implements easy to understand and maintain solution, efficient Used several appropriate design patterns, and language features Most of the programs could be reused in whole or part like the page header, footer, navigation menus, or using linked external style sheets, javascripts or other external resources. Difficulty level or complexity of program as determined by the instructor.30
Functionality (Correct code)Program executed according to the project requirements without programming design, logic or syntax errors. Your program should pass at least HTML 5 validation. Used correct version of HTML or other technologies. Met other web standards as instructed during the course such as always using an opening and closing tag, using lower case for all html elements and attributes, and all values should be enclosed in quotation marks. Validated all hyperlinks and ensure all images display.30
Total Possible 150
ehabtutor :

can you please add them to a word document and upload it to www.ge.tt as well

Customer:

Sure, sorry :(

ehabtutor :

since some of the parts get remove here in the chat

ehabtutor :

no worries

Customer:

http://ge.tt/2vqtMrt

ehabtutor :

ok go it, let me review it quickly in case i have any questions

Customer:

I have to get off the internet because I am traveling internationally but I will answer ASAP

ehabtutor :

ok I think i have reviewed everything

ehabtutor :

what you have finished is some parts of the template page.

ehabtutor :

Still the forms are required and a couple of furnishing to the whole website to be aligned with the requirements in the document

ehabtutor :

I initially estimate that this will inquire about 4 hours of work to finish. You will need to add an additional bonus of 60$ in order for me to finish this for you

ehabtutor :

Normally you leave a positive feedback after you get the work done, but since this is a large project and we here as proffessionals take a very high risk in working for hours than not being paid for our work. I will ask you to leave me a positive feedback, then in case you are not satisfied with the answer, i will ask for a refund for you. After i give you the work, you can add the bonus as agreed through a bonus button

ehabtutor :

I also need to know when is the deadline for this?

Customer:

I need this as soon as possible. I agree to the bonus.

ehabtutor, MBA
Experience: Software Engineer,business minor,Attending my MBA,Software company owner with 5+ y exp in management
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

I tipped 60.00

Ok i got the payments. I started on it and will send it ASAP

Regards
Ehab Tutor
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

Hello, can you let me know how the page is going? Thank you,

I finished some parts and I am working on the css additions.

I think i will be done tomorow same time as now.

regards,
ehab tutor
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

Can you at least add the two elements below and send each to me? I need these in 2.5 hrs, the rest can wait until tomorrow. I will add more $$ if needed.

*(1)Allow the user to enter a URL in a textbox, and then open up that page in a new window, which has an iFrame with the new URL. Make sure there is a close button on the opened window, to return you back to the original page. Send this to me in one file then add the information below(2) to the page and send in a second file.

*(2)Contain a form that lets the user enter their email address as the user and a password. When the user submits the form, if the user filled out a username and password (so they are not null) write the values to a cookie. If there is no value entered in either field, write out an alert message with instructions to the user to complete the form. Also in the same page, include a button that when clicked, will display the value of the cookie in the web page. (such as in a label control etc.)

I can do both of these but this will be tomorow as well. As i am away of my development pc right now.

I apologize those are new parts and in a very small time frame.

I will do them and deliver them with the rest of the project tomorrow.

regards,
ehab tutor
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

How is the page going? I need it soon.

I am almost done with all of the requirements.
What is taking me time a bit is the content and is it specifically states that it should be meaningful content.

I will be done most probably today.

regards,
ehab tutor
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

Hello, please provide your status I need this ASAP (today) at the latest.

I had to change the topic, since i had no experience with the topic you were using. As it is stated in the specification for the project to have meaningful content.
However, I had to redo all of the work.

I will be able to deliver it complete on saturday if possible.

I will do my best to have it ready earlier.

regards,
ehab tutor
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

Saturday is much too late. Do not worry about the content too much. I

I need it today. I will add more money but I expected this days ago.

I understand that and I am really sorry for the latency. But it turned out not to be a small project. Many requirements and Html 5 tags are required to be used in project.

Can we make it tomorrow 5 hours later than now, As i want to give you a full project that conforms to all the requirements?

regards,
ehab tutor
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.