LogicPro
LogicPro, Engineer
Experience:  Expert in Java C++ C C# VB Javascript Design SQL HTML
29751445

i found where you had done this about a year ago, on this url:

i found where you had done this about a year ago, on this url: http://www.justanswer.com/computer-programming/6l6d5-i-m-working-employee-data-visual-basic-language.html

do you still have that? i lost my damn data last night, just got home from work and i haven't been able to recover it and it's due by midnight. i still had part 3 to do, which i think is the most work. i thought maybe if you still had the work somewhere i might be able to use your assistance too.
Welcome here.
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you.
Can you provide me complete question text?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

it won't let me answer you

What problem are you facing?

If you have any file(s), Zip all files, upload the zipped file to http://wikisend.com and post download link here.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i think my answer was too long. this should work

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

sorry, i sent the question to a programmer who i found on this site had already done the problem, since i have to have it submitted in 4 hours. i guess he passed. ok, whatever.

here it is - it's 3 parts. my kid spilled soda on my laptop and i'm just screwed and so i'm here... anyway...

part 1: i still have this part on a flash drive, but all the coding wasn't right on it...

"create an application that allows the user to enter the following employee data: first name, middle name, last name, employee number, department, phone number, phone ext, and email. the valid selections for dept are accounting, administration, marketing, mis and sales. once the data is entered, the user should be able to save it to a file. (The dept. is a combo box, drop down. save record button to save to file, clear button to clear the form, exit button to close.) Write a code in the form_load event handler that allows the user to enter the name of the file. --- this form turns into a background/pop-up form in the final version.

part 2: create an application that reads the records stored in the file created in part 1. write code in the forms load event handler that allows the user to enter the name of the file and opens the file. when the user clicks the next record button, the app should read the next record and display it. when the end of the file is encountered, a message should be displayed. (i can describe or send you a pic of the form in the text. )

part 3: create an app that performs the following operations with the employee file created by the app in part 1 (again, this is all to be together in one project folder/solution)

- uses an open dialog box to allow the user to select the file

- allows the user to enter a new employee record and then saves the record to the file

- allows the user to enter an employee number and searches for a record containing that employee number. if the record is found then it is displayed.

- displays all records, one after the other

- prints an employee record

use either a menu system or set of buttons for these operations...

i know, it's a lot, if you can't do it just let me know. it's due by midnight central. the only piece i can find that i have is part 1 and it still has some missing code.

ok
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

? did you see the problem text?

yes, please wait while I provide you answers.
Download part 1 from here: EmployeeData_Part1.zip
Download all three answers from here: http://ge.tt/6Glw8it

You can ask me again using "For LogicPro only" at the start of your questions like other customers to get instant answers.
It will ensure that question is for me.
Please bookmark my profile page:
http://www.justanswer.com/homework/expert-logicpro/
so you can come back and ask me a question anytime.

Remember, if for any reason you are unsatisfied with my answer, we can continue the conversation until you’re satisfied and rate my answer as excellent. I can address follow up questions on original requirements at no extra charge and I’m always here to help.
Thank you for using JustAnswer!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Part one and part two both say the form doesn't exist. Part 3 worked great. I can see the file form1.vb within the folder, it's extracted, but when I launch the project it says it's not there.

have you unzipped the files?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes unzipped/extracted all of them. let me do it again though to make sure i didnt mess it up.

THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!

You need to spend $3 to view this post. Add Funds to your account and buy credits.
Hi Summer,
Just following up with you to see how everything is going and if you have more questions for me.
You can ask me again using "For LogicPro only" at the start of your questions like you do to get instant answers.
It will ensure that question is for me.
Please bookmark my profile page:
If you need any additional information on this answer, please don't hesitate to ask by clicking on 'Reply to Expert', and I will reply as soon as possible.
I hope you found the information in my answer helpful, and if so, please let me know, here. Thank you!
Thanks very much for using Just Answer!
Best wishes
LogicPro