Chris M.
Chris M., M.S.W. Social Work
Experience:  Master's Degree, strong math and writing skills, experience in one-on-one tutoring (college English)
22285537

the political process 986039rr exam ill pay the full 23.00

exam 986039rr

Exam: 986039RR - THE POLITICAL PROCESS
When you have completed your exam and reviewed your answers, click Submit Exam. Answers will not be recorded until you hit Submit Exam. If you need to exit before completing the exam, click Cancel Exam.
Questions 1 to 20: Select the best answer to each question. Note that a question and its answers may be split across a page break, so be sure that you have seen the entire question and all the answers before choosing an answer.
1. In 2001, what percentage of federal government revenue was collected from corporate income taxes?
A. 48
B. 10
C. 6
D. 32
2. Which of the following individuals can become a naturalized citizen?
A. Anyone born outside the United States to parents who are both citizens of the United States
B. Anyone born in a United States possession, as long as one parent is a citizen of the United States
C. Anyone born inside the United States
D. Anyone born outside the United States to parents who aren't citizens of the United States
3. Suppose you're interested in finding information on your senators and representatives and on current bills before Congress. Which one of the following resources would be best for this purpose?
A. Your local newspaper
B. History books
C. Television
D. Your public library
4. Among third-party candidates, which one is thought to have split the conservative vote in a recent election?
A. Ralph Nader
B. XXXXX XXXXX
C. Pat Buchanan
D. Ross Perot
5. Under the Constitution of the United States, you may not be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without
A. due process of law.
B. due respect for law.
C. being charged with a crime.
D. being suspected of a crime.
6. Why does the Central Intelligence Agency have more freedom of action than other federal agencies?
A. It answers to Congress only for its financial needs.
B. The agency doesn't report to anyone.
C. Both its budget and operations are secret.
D. It carries out U.S. foreign policy under the FBI.
7. To become a citizen of the United States, you must
A. be at least 21 years old.
B. have lived in the United States for at least six months.
C. file a request form in a federal court.
D. pass an English and government test.
8. Which of the following best describes the United States government?
A. Representative democracy
B. Dictatorship
C. Direct democracy
D. Executive rule
9. Regarding the Electoral College, which of the following statements is false?
A. Electors vote on the first Monday after the second Wednesday in December.
B. If there were 600 electors, 301 electoral votes would win the presidential election.
C. The electoral vote results are transmitted to the Secretary of State.
D. The electoral college is located in Washington, D.C.
10. The main downside of political action committees is
A. the corporate groups can outspend the citizen groups.
B. the powerful influence of PAC lobbies on legislation.
C. their opposition to democracy.
D. their support of the military-industrial complex.
11. You don't really approve of the idea of political parties. However, you're known as a Federalist and are soon associated with that party. Chances are good that your name isXXXXX
B. Thomas Jefferson.
C. XXXXX XXXXX.
D. James Madison.
12. A war in Mexico would be under the _______ Command.
A. Pacific
B. Southern
C. Northern
D. Central
 13. If you were a specialist working for the National Security Agency, your main job would likely be
A. analyzing and breaking coded messages.
B. working in the field to carry out covert operations.
C. analyzing data from spy satellites.
D. electronic surveillance.
14. What is the term utilized when union workers refuse to work due to contractual disagreements?
A. WPA Act
B. Strike
C. Sunshine law
D. Labor law violation
15. The legal right to expatriation means that you have the right to
A. retain your citizenship when living abroad.
B. have an expert witness testify at a trial brought against you.
C. renounce your citizenship.
D. be given safe haven by american embassies abroad.
16. A primary source for getting specific information on a particular bill is
A. Washington daily newspapers.
B. your state representative.
C. the Constitution.
D. the Congressional Record.
17. Which one of the following political interest groups falls into the organized labor category?
A. American Rifle Association
B. National Education Association
C. National Broadcasting Corporation
D. National Audubon Society
18. A basic position in American foreign policy has been that America must defend its foreign interests related to trade and security. The main foreign policy position opposed to this American policy is called
A. isolationism.
B. militarism.
C. imperialism.
D. federalism.
19. By tradition, when does the presidential campaign begin?
A. After a candidate has gained enough electoral votes in the primaries
B. When a candidate is officially nominated at the national convention
C. In September, following the national convention
D. With the New Hampshire primary
End of exam 
20. During the Cold War, the United States foreign policy of containment consisted of
A. wars and mutual assured destruction.
B. deterrence and mutual assured destruction.
C. wars and covert operations.
D. deterrence and covert operations.

Category: Homework
Expert:  Chris M. replied 10 months ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Chris M., M.S.W. Social Work
Experience: Master's Degree, strong math and writing skills, experience in one-on-one tutoring (college English)
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I will have 2 more tomorrow. If you want to help.
Hi Sabrina,

I will be glad to assist you. Please begin your posts with "For Chris M." so that they will be brought to my attention.

Thanks!
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Kk tanks
You're welcome!