Ingo U
Ingo U, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 25 years experience in software development. Expert in Microsoft .Net, C#, C++, VB, SQL
44076068

Write an assembly language program using Manos Basic Computer

Write an assembly language program using Mano's Basic Computer to compute the average of 8 integers (that can be represented in 16-bit 2's complement).

Assume that the 8 numbers are in consecutive memory locations and use a loop to access the 8 numbers.
Only the first number will be in a memory location with a label.

Use the DEC data type to declare the data values.

Put the result in a labelled memory location following the data values.

Use that fact that dividing by 2 is the same as shifting right one bit.

Round to the nearest integer.

Assume that the integers are positive, but for an extra challenge, try extending the program to work with negative integers also.

include at least 3 test cases with expected outcomes.
Category: Homework
Expert:  Josie-Mod replied 1 year ago.

I'm Josie and I'm a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with our professionals to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of our professionals.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

Also remember that JustAnswer has a multitude of categories to help you with all your needs from Pet to Legal.

Thank you,

Josie~Moderator

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I am still waiting for you people, I will be online all night just in case

thanks

Expert:  Josie-Mod replied 1 year ago.

Hello

Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX continue to look for a professional to assist you. We can not predict or guarantee response time, just because the volume of questions, number of professionals online, complexity of questions, and other factors vary.

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance while you wait.

Best,
Josie~Moderator

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks Josie, I will be waiting for you, at moment, thats all I need.

Expert:  Angela--Mod replied 1 year ago.
We appreciate your patience, your business is very important to us, we are waiting on the professional with the right expertise to come online. Please let us know if you would like us to continue searching for a professional or if you would like us to close your question. Thank you for your understanding!

Best,

Angela

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

At moment, am still waiting and searching other sources. If I find an answer before you, I will let you know, but till then, do your best

Thank you for your patience while we continue to search for a professional to assist you.

I have marked your question high priority and you’ll receive an email notification as soon as you have a new reply.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks

Expert:  Ingo U replied 1 year ago.
which simulator are you using?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Simulator was locally written by instructor, but will run on JDK7

Expert:  Ingo U replied 1 year ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Ingo U, Software Engineer
Experience: Over 25 years experience in software development. Expert in Microsoft .Net, C#, C++, VB, SQL
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Softwearpapa

I think it should be good by looking at it, and since you used the sandsdouchon simulator to run it, can you please send me t some of the outputs and or source code. I want to compare when I run it. I think I will have to rate you high on this, honestly, thanks

JK

Expert:  Ingo U replied 1 year ago.
Thanks! Well the source code is in the text file I uploaded, that's really all there's to it.
I can take screen shots of the simulator windows if you'd like. Also, I want to take a crack at the extra challenge dealing with negative numbers, unless your time constraints make that a moot point.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Ok, screen shot will be ok just for reference and will very much appreciate if you can work around the negatives. just alarm me when done.

Thanks

Expert:  Ingo U replied 1 year ago.
I'm on it.
Expert:  Ingo U replied 1 year ago.

Here's a first set of screen shots using the code as posted, I just ran it over the 3 data sets in the file. Is that a useful format to you?

http://wikisend.com/download/881680/Screenschots-1.zip

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Am out away from my pc, will get to when I get back

Expert:  Ingo U replied 1 year ago.
OK, I think I got everything working.

http://wikisend.com/download/510514/Results.zip

Includes new version of source code and screenshots for each test run.
Perhaps you should validate that I didn't make any typos in the math, but all results came out like my calculator said they should.

Regards,
Ingo U
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Looks great, the screen shots looks just like what I was expecting