M. Kennedy
M. Kennedy, Advanced Degree
Experience:  Degree in Science, BA--Soc.Studies, 15 yrs. exp--Gov't work

I would need that tonight if possible.CL 51) While

I would need that tonight if possible.

CL 5

1) While arguing with his neighbor, Sam pulls out a Swiss Army knife with the intent of merely frightening him. Sam accidentally hits his neighbor’s arm with the knife, resulting in a slight nick. Unbeknownst to Sam, his neighbor is a hemophiliac and dies as a result of this minor wound. Select the most serious offense for which Sam could be convicted.

A) murder

B) involuntary manslaughter

C) voluntary manslaughter

D) battery Explain your answer.

2) Tina hates her teacher, Mrs. Gold, for recently giving her a low grade on a big project. One night, Tina sees Mrs. Gold walking down the street, pulls out a gun, and fires four shots at her. Although none of the bullets directly hits Mrs. Gold, one of the shots ricochets against a wall, and hits her in the head, instantly killing the woman. Select the most serious offense for which Tina is likely to be convicted

A) murder

B) voluntary manslaughter

C) involuntary manslaughter

D) assault Explain your answer.

3) While walking through the park, Brian, an indigent man, decided to rob someone. As a man walked by, Brian leaped from behind a tree and accosted him. Though he intended only to rob the victim, in the scuffle

Brian punched him in the mouth, causing him to fall to the ground. Brian then grabbed the man’s wallet and fled. Unbeknownst to Brian, the victim suffered a skull fracture when his head struck a rock and he subsequently died from his injuries. Brian is most likely to be successfully convicted of

A) murder

B) felony murder

C) involuntary manslaughter

D) voluntary manslaughter

Explain your answer.

4) John and Joe were walking along the street when they saw Bill. John turned to Joe and said, “Hey, there’s Bill. He’s owed me a lot money for over a year! Give me your gun. I’m gonna blow him away!” Joe gave John the gun and John proceeded to shoot Bill to death. As Joe and John turned to fXXXXX, XXXXX asked for his gun exclaiming “I think the weasel’s still alive,” and proceeded to fire two more shots into Bill’s body. Bill died from the first shot fired by John. What is the most serious crime Joe is likely to be convicted of

A) attempted murder

B) murder

C) assault with a deadly weapon

D) concealment of a deadly weapon

Hint: Remember liability/accountability for the acts of others Explain your answer.

5) Discuss the Felony Murder rule and the ways different jurisdictions might handle it. · How does the common law definition differ from the suggestions provided under the Model Penal Code? · What was the Redline decision? · How do you think the issue should be handled?

Category: Homework
Expert:  Josie-Mod replied 9 months ago.

I'm Josie and I'm a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with our professionals to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of our professionals.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

Also remember that JustAnswer has a multitude of categories to help you with all your needs from Pet to Legal.

Thank you,

Josie~Moderator

Customer: replied 9 months ago.

please contine. somehow i posted this question a long time ago but it got locked!

I would need an answer by tonight if possible. Maybe we could ask judy bayle

Hi, I'm Josie and I am a moderator for this topic. I sent your requested professional a message to follow up with you here, when he is back online.

If I can help further, please let me know. Thank you for your continued patience.
Expert:  M. Kennedy replied 9 months ago.

Please let me know if you still need this answer. If so, I would be glad to help you.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.

yes please. If possible by tonight or as fast as possible. does not need to have a lot of details or long answers.

Thanks!!

Customer: replied 9 months ago.

have you had a chance to do it? I would need it as soon as possible by today please

THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
M. Kennedy, Advanced Degree
Experience: Degree in Science, BA--Soc.Studies, 15 yrs. exp--Gov't work