Mr. Gregory White
Mr. Gregory White, Professor
Experience:  M.A., M.S. Education / Educational Administration
46856550

I was needing help in answering in answering a multiple choice

I was needing help in answering in answering a multiple choice study guide for one of my classes. The questions are typed in a word document and I really could use the help and can provide further details if need be.
Category: Homework
Expert:  Cher replied 11 months ago.

Hello, Mark and welcome back to Just Answer!

My name is XXXXX XXXXX it will be my pleasure to assist you today.

Can you please include the word document here, so I can view the multiple choice questions and then I can let you know if I can help.

Thank you.
Cher

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Cher

It is saying that the message is too long do you have or know of an attachment that I can use?

Expert:  Cher replied 11 months ago.
Hi again, Mark and thanks for your reply.

If the multiple choice questions are in a word document, can you upload that as a link using a free file sharing site, like Mediafire.com and then include that link here?

Before we go any further, can you please let me know the subject of the questions, because until I know that, I'm not sure if I can be of help or not. Thanks!

Best regards,
Cher
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

They are Praxis questions like this

Study Material Homework

1. What is an IEP (Individualized Education Program?)

a. A daily program for each exceptional student based learning expectations

b. A commitment by school boards to monitor each exceptional student’s achievement of appropriate learning expectations

c. A written program describing the specific education program and/or services required by a particular student

d. A written progryfam for informing the school board of the physical accommodation for students with special needs that exist in a particular school

2. All of the following classroom practices by the teacher support the teacher’s need to engage in exploratory thinking EXCEPT:

a. Asking open-ended questions

b. Introducing new situations, events, and people

c. Encouraging Risk-Taking

d. Keeping attention focused on grade level tasks

3. A teacher who integrates Maslow’s theory into classroom practice fosters a classroom environment in which students

a. Become autonomous learners at the same pace

b. Are encouraged to respond similarly to different culturally experiences

c. Move on to higher needs before achieving mastery of more basic needs

d. Feel secure enough to make independent decisions

4. Which of the following instructional strategies would best facilitate students’ self-consciousness to learn?

a. Encouraging students to take notes from a teacher developed outline that is projected on the classroom wall

b. Encouraging students in a group activity in which they share rules and responsibilities for task completion

c. Providing students with a teacher-developed list of topics to be used as a basis for individual student research papers

d. Offering students tasks to be worked on throughout the term that require them to memorize factual information

5. Which of the following strategies would best support an English-Language Learner (ELL) student in the general education classroom

a. Use the student native language within the classroom as much as possible

b. Pace instruction carefully, speak in simpler sentences, and check for understanding more frequently

c. Require the student to speak and write only using English, but provide additional time for the student to complete assignments

d. Assign a peer tutor to the ELL student to assist in note taking and assignments that require speaking

6. One of which of the following reinforcement schedules best maintains the desired behavior after reinforcement has ended?

a. Reinforcement at variable intervals

b. Constant Reinforcement

c. Fixed-Interval Reinforcement

d. Alternating positive and negative reinforcement

7. Which of the following is an example of a convergent question?

a. Who is the author of I Know Why the Caged Bird Sing?

b. Would you protect a friend if he breaks a rule that you felt unfair?

c. How could we raise money for the class trip to Washington, D.C.?

d. Which United States Senator is most effective?

8. Which of the following statements describes the purpose of creating an anticipatory set when introducing a new concept?

a. To provide examples of what is expected from the students as an end product of their work.

b. To offer a variety of methods by which students will require new information.

c. To evaluate what a student understands as a result of the lesson.

d. To create a framework for the skill or knowledge that will be taught in the lesson.

9. The skills and information to be taught, along with the order in which they will be delivered reflect a group of processes known as

a. Scope and Sequence

b. Concept Mapping

c. Instructional Models

d. Curricular Orientation

10. One of the advantages of cooperative learning over individualized instruction is that cooperative learning

a. Is unstructured

b. Is more successful for poor readers

c. Exposes students to various points of view

d. Provides for longer periods of instruction

11. Which of the following is frequently used as an instructional technique to encourage divergent thinking

a. Using brainstorming to generate possible solutions to a problem

b. Evaluating a particular strategy for solving a problem

c. Explaining why one solution for a problem is better than another

d. Studying how similar problems have been solved

12. Which of the following statements can be used to support the use of the inquiry method in social studies and the discovery method in science?

a. Such methods reduce classroom management problems.

b. Such methods are teacher centered and focus on mastery of content.

c. Students develop a deeper understanding of what they are studying when doing rather than listening.

d. Students learn best when working in a structured environment with explicit instruction.

13. Scores from a test are criterion referenced if grades are

a. Determined after students have retested to correct wrong answers

b. Distributed on a grading curve after all scores are computed

c. Used to rank each student after comparing all test scores

d. Given by comparing the best performance with a set of standards

14.

Expert:  Cher replied 11 months ago.
Hi again, Mark and thanks for including some of the questions.

My apologies, but I will be unable to help you with this. I will leave your question open for all other experts.

Much good luck in your future educational endeavors!

Best regards,
Cher
Expert:  Mr. Gregory White replied 11 months ago.
Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I have been an educator for more than 15 years.

Can you post the remainder of your questions (cut off at #13 above).

What is the name of the text being used (title/author)

What is the deadline for the resource?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

It is saying that the file is too big and it is around 90 multiple choice questions and the text material is Teachers and the Law and author is David Schimmel, Leslie Robert Stellman, and Louis Fischer. Do I need to email it or do some type of share file?

Be sure to include deadline for returning resource.

Here are the steps to use wikisend as it is the easiest and does not require an account. We are not able to get things by email (unfortunately)

1. Go to www.wikisend.com
2. Click on the "Browse" Button
3. Find the file on your computer and select it - this will place the link in the box on the site.
4. Click on "Upload File"
5. This will then open a new window.
6. You will see a box that says "Download Link" - Copy and Paste that weblink in the box here for me.

I can then open your file onto my computer.

You can repeat this for each of the files. Place all the link into one reply box here and then I can open any of the documents.

This will ensure I get the materials quickly.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Ok doing it now. These questions are to prepare us for exit exam and steps in preparing for the Praxis that we are required to take and the questions are comprehensive and the deadline is October 7th. I am trying wikisend now.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

http://wikisend.com/download/181854/Praxis Update Study Material.doc

I will complete a resource on this for you by the end of the weekend.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thank You look forward to the answers
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

Mr. Gregory will you be responding with your resources (answers) for the assignment today?

Expert:  Mr. Gregory White replied 10 months ago.
Yes, will complete for you today.
Expert:  replied 10 months ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Mr. Gregory White, Professor
Experience: M.A., M.S. Education / Educational Administration
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

Excellent work and should all go well a bonus will be added.

Thanks so much! I hope you do great.

Again, feel free to request me anytime! You are a truly valued client.