TheDoctor
TheDoctor, Professional w/Adv. Degree
Experience:  M.S. in Internet Information Systems
59032869

I am having trouble with a Drag and Drop Game I am making.

I am having trouble with a Drag and Drop Game I am making. I have 4 pages, including a home page, and the symbols drag to the target area and stay there, but when I hit the home button they stay on the screen. I have put in removeChild and that works until I go to the 3rd or 4th page that the error comes up ArgumentError: Error #2025: The supplied DisplayObject must be a child of the caller. at flash.display::DisplayObjectContainer/removeChild() at Main/click_home() TypeError: Error #2007: Parameter child must be non-null. at flash.display::DisplayObjectContainer/removeChild() at Main/click_home() I have uploaded the file for you to look at

Attachment: 2013-09-26_040726_flash.fla

Category: Homework
Expert:  Angela--Mod replied 12 months ago.

Hello, I'm a moderator for this topic. I've been working hard to find a professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. Please let me know and I will assist further. Thank you!

Best,

Angela
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I need the answer by this afternoon australian time
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

i need it sent to a computer person please

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Relist: Other.
have received an answer and need it within the next 10 hours
Expert:  Josie-Mod replied 11 months ago.

Hello

Thank you for your response. Your question is open to all professionals and I have marked your question high priority. We will continue to look for a professional to assist you.

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance while you wait.

Best,
Josie~Moderator

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

How much longer will the response be? Can it be sent to a Computer /programmer professional?

We appreciate your patience. There are several computer and programming professionals able to review your question but we can not predict or guarantee response time, just because the volume of questions, number of professionals online, complexity of questions, and other factors vary.

Thank you for your understanding, we'll be in touch again shortly.

Expert:  TheDoctor replied 11 months ago.

Hello and thank you for your question.

Do you still require assistance with this?

I can send you the corrected file right away.

I noticed that Level 1 is not working in the version you sent. No matter what I do, I cannot get the movieClips to stick to their targets. I believe that this is because the target movieClips overlap. So the dropTarget will likely be the one with the highest z-index in the drop area, not necessarily the desired drop target. Have you also experienced issues with level 1?

Would you like me to fix level 1? I can do that immediately also.

If you would like me to fix the FLA, please let me know what version of Flash you are using (e.g., CS5, CS6). If I save the file in a later version than you have, you won't be able to open it.

Thank you

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

yes please

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

yes please.

i have cs5.5

Hello again!

Please download the file here:

http://wikisend.com/download/850504/fixedGame.fla

I hope it meets your expectations. I was able to get the issues you mentioned address as well as the issue with Level 1.

Let me know if you have any questions. I'm here to help!

If you need assistance in the future with Flash or development of any kind, please feel free to request me directly by starting your questions with **For TheDoctor**. That will make sure that I see your question and can get to it quickly.

Please remember to rate my answer. Thank you so much and have a wonderful day!
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
TheDoctor, Professional w/Adv. Degree
Experience: M.S. in Internet Information Systems
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Thank you so much!

You are very welcome.