Raj
Raj, Engineer
Experience:  4 + Experiance in IT Industry
16752232

Have been out of town until just today and am unable to complete

Have been out of town until just today and am unable to complete this second-to-last assignment in time. Assistance prior to 11XXXXXwould be appreciated. Thank you.

Step 1: Given a file of data, read the data and parse it based on a fixed given field headers. To download the file, select the following link: Unit 4 Sample Data (link: https://class.aiuniv.edu/LCMSFileShareCommon/1e7/c9a/2e0/6bd/44f/69f/86c/351/7e0/8f5/7f/ITCO321_U4IP_sample_data.csv). Eliminate the last column (Pig-Latin) in the data file.

The file is a comma delimited file with the following record structure:

FirstName – Character – Size (12)
LastName – Character – Size (16)
Company – Character – Size (32)
Address – Character – Size (32)
City – Character – Size (24)
County – Character – Size (24)
State – Character – Size (2)
ZIP – Number – Size (5)
Phone – Character – Size (12)
Fax – Character – Size (12)
Email – Character – Size (32)
Web – Character – Size (42)

Step 2: Write a complete C# XXXXX in console mode to load the data file as a sequential file using C# XXXXX library into an ArrayList data structure (using the System.Collection library) Store each line in the file as a separate record.

Step 3: After the file is loaded into the ArrayList, sort the data in ascending order based on the LastName field and Display the following fields:

First name
Last name
Company

Step 4: Next, sort the data in descending order based on the ZIP field, and display the following fields:

First name
Last name
Company
ZIP

Step 5: Display all the records (and all its fields) for everyone that is in the state "NY."

Step 6: Submit the source code for the solution and the output screenshots for the following list. You can use any appropriate algorithm in the solution.

Sorted data based on last name
Sorted data based on ZIP
Everyone in the state of NY
Category: Homework
Expert:  Raj replied 1 year ago.
Hi There,

I will be helping you with the requirement.
May I know the Visual Studio Version you are using for C# XXXXX?

Thank you
Expert:  Raj replied 1 year ago.
Hi There,

Code file is ready with me.
Do you still need the solution code file? If yes than please let me know here through post and I will provide you solution code file to be used in C#.

Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Please.

Expert:  Raj replied 1 year ago.
Ok.

I have made the project in Visual Studio 2010 Version and have compressed the files all together in a single file.

Please download the compressed project file(Array List Sort Project.zip) from the link below:
http://www.mediafire.com/?n8u5h2gy1xrb83i

After downloading Extract the contents of the file and Open the SLN File inside the folder to open the project and Run it to get the Output.

If you face any difficulty than feel free to ask for help.

If the solution file is satisfactory than Please don't forget to RATE the Answer.
It will hardly take few seconds to RATE my Answer

Thank You and Have a Good Day.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

This is for 2010; I needed it for 2008. The class is using the 08 Express Edition. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Expert:  Raj replied 1 year ago.
Ok I will provide you a TXT File containing the code. You need to copy and paste the contents of the code within the namespace part.

Download the TXT File from the link below:
http://www.mediafire.com/?mksa1ktv71f57a3

INSTRUCTION:
1. When you create a new Project in Visual Studio 2008 than inside name space there will be a class program with main function.
Delete that everything inside name space and replace it with the contents in the TXT file above.

2. At the top you will notice some name like using System and all there include the following as well:
using System.Collections;
using System.IO;

3. In last part. Wherever you have created the Project Go inside the folder and than at the below file path:
SourceCode >> bin >> Debug
Copy and Paste the Data file with name ITCO321_U4IP_sample_data.csv that you provided me with sample data.

Now Run the code and you will get the Output.
Expert:  Raj replied 1 year ago.

INSTRUCTION:

using System.Collections;
using System.IO;

SourceCode >> bin >> Debug
OR
I think in VS 2008
you need to place file under following folder:
The Folder where Program.cs file will be present.

Thank You and Have a Good Day.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Placed data in project folder. 2008 does not support running it directly and gives the following error:

"A project with an Output Type of Class Library cannot be started directly.

In order to debug this project, add an executable project to this solution which references the library project. Set the executable project as the startup project."

Expert:  Raj replied 1 year ago.
Can you please provide me a screen shot of Error Message?

Thank you
Expert:  Raj replied 1 year ago.
I am downloading Visual C# XXXXX edition and will provide you working code in 2008 in about next 30 min.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your help.

Expert:  Raj replied 1 year ago.
Ok.

I have made the project now in Visual Studio 2008 Version and have compressed the files all together in a single file.

Please download the compressed project file(CODE.zip) from the link below:
http://www.mediafire.com/?3ztzd8v2x38adqr

After downloading Extract the contents of the file and Open the SLN File(CODE.sln) inside the folder to open the project and Run it to get the Output.

Thank You and Have a Good Day.
Expert:  Raj replied 1 year ago.

Thank You and Have a Good Day.
Raj, Engineer
Experience: 4 + Experiance in IT Industry
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Works perfectly. Thanks for the effort and sorry for the headache.

Expert:  Raj replied 1 year ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Expert:  Raj replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your Feedback

In Future to request any new Question to me just begin your Question with TO RAJ followed by the Question in the following format:

TO RAJ: Followed by the Question.

Have a Good Day.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I will, thank you Raj. I may have issues for the last unit, but hopefully will only need guidance. Thank you again.

Expert:  Raj replied 1 year ago.
You are Welcome.

No Problem I will be here to help.

Have a Good Day.
Customer: replied 12 months ago.

If you can, I have an open question (and another ready to go) which I have been needing help with for days. Hopefully you can assist; it seems that the details are confusing. Any rearrangement of the data that is needed, is perfectly fine, but I absolutely need them asap. I plan to ask the second question (which should be far less problematic) once the first is answered. Thank you.

Expert:  Raj replied 12 months ago.
Sorry, but both are closed now.
Do you still need it solved, than do let me know...

Thank you
Customer: replied 12 months ago.

It's a bit far along now, but if you can help, that would be much appreciated. Some help is better than none. Do I need to ask that it be re-opened, or re-post it?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Am willing to give it another shot with a differing but related assignment. This time, it does require a bit more effort but is far simplified as simple tables can be put together and then data reorganized through queries to meet the guidelines. Hope you can help and respond. Thanks.