aitizaz
aitizaz, Computer Software Engineer
Experience:  I have more than 5 years of experience Programming in C,C++,VC++,VC# and ASP.NET (Visual Studio)
17531195

Can you write a simple algorithm in pseudocode that lists the

Can you write a simple algorithm in pseudocode that lists the program's input, output, and processing components in a logical, sequential order. At this stage, do not show the tasks and subtasks within each component. Based on the info below;

Imagine that your team of software developers won a contract to develop a program that will identify whether a person is balancing calories consumed with those being expended or burned by taking the following into account:

•The balance of calories is calculated daily.
•Calories are consumed in both food and beverages. Calories can be identified from both product labeling and calorie counters located on the Internet
•Calories are burned daily in both daily living and exercise. Calories expended or burned can be calculated using calorie calculators located on the Internet.
•The balance of calories may be displayed in either calories or pounds and ounces. The following are examples of the information that might be provided:

o Calories are in balance
o _ _ _ more calories are consumed than expended
o _ _ _ more calories are expended than consumed
o No pounds/ounces were gained or lost
o _ pounds _ _ ounces may have been gained
o _ pounds _ _ ounces may have been lost

• Use the following computation: One pound equals 3500 calories.

Aitizaz :

Hello and welcome! My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assist you today with your question and provide the best answer possible

Aitizaz :

in this case, the input should be the food and beverages taken. What interface should be provided to know about the calories consumed??

Aitizaz :

what is the measure actually to calcuate that? is it exercise or the routine consumption without any excessive work?

Aitizaz :

i don't need that information for this algorithm as such

Aitizaz :

when do you need this algorithm ?

Customer:

By end of day if possible. Is that possible?

Aitizaz :

what is the time there? i have 22:50 in my time zone

Customer:

It is 1:50pm here. Need before midnight 12:00am.

Aitizaz :

OK

Aitizaz :

it will be in plain text form, i will not use any specific program for this purpose

Aitizaz :

is that OK?

Customer:

Yes that is what I need. Thank you.

Aitizaz :

thank you

Aitizaz :

see you then

Customer:

ok

Aitizaz :

Thanks

Aitizaz :

Hello

Aitizaz :

i have made the required pseudocode for you

Aitizaz :

please visit the following link and download the file

Aitizaz :

http://wikisend.com/download/786736/calories_calculator.txt

Aitizaz :

if you need any further help, want any clarification or need any amendment in the program, please do not hesitate to ask me

Customer:

thanks your help was greatly appreciated. I may need your help in future on same project. thanks again.