Chris M.
Chris M., M.S.W. Social Work
Experience:  Master's Degree, strong math and writing skills, experience in one-on-one tutoring (college English)

World Civilizations II 1. The key figure of Russian industrialization

Customer Question

World Civilizations II1. The key figure of Russian industrialization was: a. Alexander III b. Nicholas II c. Ivan Denisovich d. Sergel Witte 2. Romanticism emphasized: a. a commitment to group solidarity b. a focus on feeling, emotion, and imagination c. fascination with the future d. the common and the every day 3. ______ spurred the rise in Christian missionary work in East Africa in the nineteenth century a. The spread of Islam in the region b. The rising native interest in monotheism c. The positive native reception to church establishment d. The peristence of the slave trade in East Africa 4. The Sino Japanese War: a. marked the acceptance of Western style imperialism by China when it took Korea from Japan b. began as each country tried to keep the other from taking over Tibet c. became a two power confict when Russia refused to honor its alliance with Japan d. forced China to cede Taiwan and the liaodong peninsula to Japan 5. Using the Schieffen Plan: a. Germany launched a massive invasion of the Warsaw region of Poland b. France delared war on Austria c. Italy invaded the Austrian Tyrol d. Germany invaded France by way fo Beigium 6. In appraising the work of Mustapha Kemal Ataturk, one can say that: a. he finally succeeded in unifying Persian society b. he maintained a strict Islamic consistency in all aspects of Turkish life c. he created a secular Turkish state that embraced many of aspects of a modern Western nation d. no real change from the traditional Ottoman ways ever occurred under his rule. 7. Hitler wrote "Mein Kampf": a. during World War I b. before the Beer Hall Putsch of 1923 c. while in jail after the failed Beer Hall Putsch d. during the early years of the Great Depression 8. ______ was increasingly seen by United States as a crucial element in American defense strategy in the Pacific during the winter of 1949-1950. a. Oahu b. Hong Kong c. Taiwan d. Sakhalin 9. Leonid Brezhnew: a. valued stability abouve all, and blocked any significant attempts to deal with economic or social problems b. greatly increased the funding for new agricultural areas in Kazakhstan and Mongilia c. sharply reduced the powers of the KGB and interior Ministry d. was the first to finally break with Stalinism and to conclilate the Czech regime. 10. The movement for civil rights in the United State during the 1950s and 1960s. a. was strongly opposed by Malcom X, a white political leader form Illions b. created a "white backlash" which aided a nationa trend toward greater politiacl conservatism c. received no govermental support until 1974 d. was catalyst which energized the Indian and black minorities, who together composed thirty four percentof the nation's populationEssintials of Sociology,1. What are the two components C. Wright Mills identified as being fundamental to understanding the sociological imagination? a. Political systems and economic systems b. Race and ethnicty c. The means of production and owership of resources d. History and biography. 2. In the "nature vs. nurture" controversy, which of the following terms LEAST applies to nurture? a. Social environment b. Heredity c. Socializaton d. Parenting 3. What term applies to the mechanisms society develops to meet its basic needs, such as family, religion, education, and medicine? a. Agents of socialization b. social constructs c. Virtual communities d. Social institutions 4. What is the largerst and most complex type of group? a. Society b. An aggregate c. A category d. A bureaucracy 5. Who was the American sociologist who studied race relations in the post-civil War south and characterized the entire white South as "an armed camp to keep Negroes in slavery and to kell the blck rebel"? a. XXXXX XXXXX Carver b. W. E. B. DuBois c. Bookert T. Washington d. Benjamin Quarles 6. How do winners of large lottery jackpots avoid the pitfall of anomie? a. They take an isolationist approach, moving to a new locationa and cutting all ties with former associates b. They hire an attorney to mnage thier affairs and withdraw from society c. They maintain the lifestyle and behavior they had prior to their financial windfall d. They embrace the "life of the rich and famous" and treat themselves to whaty the can now afford7. Which American president had the greatest influence in developing the Social Security program? a. Woodrow Wilson b. Herbert Hoover c. Frankin D. Roosevelt d. Harry S. Truman. 8. What is the name of the three-stage theory Anti-Malthusinas rely on to explan world population growth? a. Demographic transtion theory b. Population inversion therory c. Geographic regression theory d. Urban growth and development theory9. At the last shareholder meeting of the Arrowhead Corporation the stocholders of the corporation refused to rubberstamp the CEO's recommendations. How is this refusal characterized in the world of business? a. the stockholdrs do not understand business management b. the stockholders are exerting a coup' de etat against the CEO.Dthe stockholders are going on a wildcat strike. 10. In his reserch, George Farkas discovered that, even though they had identical test scores, some students were pone to receive better grades than others which students received the better grades? a. Boys and Lations b. Girls and Asian American c. White females and Afraican Americans d. Lation males and white females
Category: Homework
Expert:  Chris M. replied 10 months ago.
Hello, and thanks for the question.

Please click here to view the answers for comparison with your own.

Hope this helps!
Chris M., M.S.W. Social Work
Experience: Master's Degree, strong math and writing skills, experience in one-on-one tutoring (college English)
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Thanks you! I will let you know what my grade and then I will rate your expert.
Beverly
Hi Beverly,

I will look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks!
Customer: replied 9 months ago.

I received a 100% thanks a lot.

Expert:  Chris M. replied 9 months ago.
You're welcome! Let me know if need further assistance.

-Chris M.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Ok, I do have one more exam and it's only ten questions! Do you want me to post on this page?
Expert:  Chris M. replied 9 months ago.
Hi Beverly,

If you would, please post the question to my attention at the following link: http://www.justanswer.com/homework/expert-chrism/

Thanks!
Customer: replied 7 months ago.

Creating Learning Evnironments
1. The early childhood teacher assists children to achieve mastery through providing:
a. assistance to children in setting and meeting group goals.
b. challenges in a variety of domains.
c. a group competition.
d. a large griop activity.
2. Daily schedules are important because they provide:
a. consistency and psychological stability for children.
b. planning time for teachers.
c. a schedule that is rigid and not changed during the course of the day.
d. All of the above.
3. Literacy Centers should:
a. be in a defined separated area in the room.
b. accomodate 10-12 students.
c. be stocked with many books regardless of the quality.
d. not have manipulatives.
4. Playground design is important and should:
a. include a variety of activity areas.
b. be aesthetically pleasing.
c. have ways the children can feel powerful.
d. All of the above.
5. Children in early childhood setting have:
a. a lower risk of accidental injury than children in their home setting.
b. a higher risk of accidental injury than children in their home setting.
c. an equal risk of accidental injury as children in their home setting.
d. None of the above.
6. The most common method of disease transmission in early childhood group setting is:
a. oral transmision.
b. fecal transmission.
c. air born transmission.
d. food poisoning.
7. A high quality learning center is based on:
a. children's backgrounds.
b. interest and development.
c. national standards.
d. All of the above.
8. Transitions:
a. should not be planned.
b. should be listed on the schedule and lesson plan.
c. do not have to increase children's knowledge or skills.
d. None of the above.
9.Block Centers:
a. enhance play skills, but do not help in math or science.
b. allow children to represent symboilcally.
c. should not include any other materials, such as toy cars.
d. Allo of the above.
10. High density levels can increase:
a. positive social interactions.
b. achievement and attention span in children.
c. stress, aggression and destructive behavior.
d. good behavior and cooperation.

Expert:  Chris M. replied 7 months ago.

Hi Beverly,

I will start on these shortly.

Thanks!

Customer: replied 7 months ago.

okay

Customer: replied 7 months ago.

I see were I rated you the last time it was E.......

Expert:  Chris M. replied 7 months ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!

You need to spend $3 to view this post. Add Funds to your account and buy credits.