R.R. Jha
R.R. Jha, Tutor
Experience:  B.Tech

same exact idea

This question is for RRJha ONLY,       I have another question same exact thing but this time instead of the A,B,C,D,E it will be counting the numbers that are in the columns BB,BC,BD,BE,BF     and plsace the frequency of the number found in the BK,BM,BO,BQ,BS        ill attach file

Hi, I'm Josie and I am a moderator for this topic. I sent your requested professional a message to follow up with you here, when he is back online.

If I can help further, please let me know. Thank you for your continued patience.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

RRJha to answer only I edited my question to better understand. I want to be able to select data in a range BB,BC,BD,BE,BF that is 5 columns, and 35 rows down, and once selected, run a macro that would search the data and count for example: 6, and return how many times it shows up in the BB column range; then place this frequency in the BK6 column into row 98, So I want the macro to go through all of the numbers 1 through 35 place whatever is found in the selected BB column then once these are done move to the next column BC and to BD then to BE then BF

Ok, so frequency output in column BK would count values in only column BB or should it count in all 5 columns BB to BF?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes, BB column 1 to 35. so each column will have its own search. then do search in BC then BD, then BE, then BF.

Ok, got it.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks, so the search in BB, the number 6 appears 6 times and so the frequency of six will go into the BK column row 98.

You need to spend $3 to view this post. Add Funds to your account and buy credits.
R.R. Jha, Tutor
Experience: B.Tech
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ok it works! now will this still work as I make room for more data buy copying and pasting to make more room above data?

Yes, you may add data up or down and move selection range (and output table) vertically.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

cool! Thanks again. When I have more questions I will send you them to you. job well done!

Thanks! Glad to help.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I just ran the count BB to BF count program after using if gor a while now it's giving me all seeps for the counts why is this happening???
Ok, l'll check it. Please send the file with new data.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

What was your selection range?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

its always 35 rows. the one i used today

9/28 8/25

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

BB 83 TO BF 117

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Did you have a chance to look at why it doesn't work like it did originally
Yes, I see it now. I wrote the code to search for the value present in column BJ and put the count in BK. Previously BJ had 1, 2, ... to 35. So, the search worked well. But now I see format of column BJ is changed. I'll modify the code so that it searches for value starting from 1 irrespective of value in column BJ.
I've modified the code, data is untouched. Your selection can have any number of rows. Output on first row would always be count of 1, second row count of 2 and so on.
Just don't forget to shift output table up as you add data rows above. Currently, I see output table needs to be one row up.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Ill check when I get home, my question is when is does the out put it should for say number one and if found say 10 times in the selected column should be 10 the would be pitputted in the number one slot to the right number ten. Like it ran before.
It runs just like before. You may check it and let me know if still any problem.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Ok ill let you know.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ok, It works again Thanks!