Ellen, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer, Accountant and Researcher

1.Which of the following is discussed in your textbook as a

1.Which of the following is discussed in your textbook as a reason that laws should be critically assessed rather than blindly accepted?
a.Laws are fallible.
b.Laws can be immoral.
c.Laws are not inclusive of all moral concerns.
d.All of the above

2. Deontological theories of moral decision-making focus on:
A. the expected consequences of our actions.
B. relevant moral duties and obligations.
C. the virtuousness of our actions.
D. bringing benefit to ourselves through our decisions.

3. When used as a criminal defense, involuntary intoxication would be classified as a/an __________ for criminal wrongdoing.
b. necessity
c. mens rea
d. excuse

4.Which of the following suggests that governments can and should pass laws to protect citizens from themselves, looking out for its citizens as a father might for his children?
a. Determinism
b. Paternalism
c. Pragmatism
d. The principle of implied competence

5. Plato's tale of “Gyges” illustrates the importance of which of the following questions?
a.Why should we be moral?
b.Is it possible to be moral?
c.Is morality relative?
d. Is behavior determined

6. “Gut feelings” about right and wrong that seem to arise within our consciousness without us being aware of why or how they arose are sometimes referred to as:
a. inner consciousness.
b. empathy.
c. moral intuition.
d. mutual aid.

7. Carol Gilligan’s work on moral development implies that morality may develop out of two different orientations: a “male” approach focusing on __________, and a “female” approach grounded in __________.
a. self-interest; empathy
b. justice and rights; compassion and interpersonal relationships
c. compassion and care; universal ethical principles
d. self-sacrifice; self-interest

8. Perhaps the most notable detractor from Jeremy Bentham’s original formulation of utilitarianism was:
a. Harry Callahan.
b. Carl Klockars.
c. John Stuart Mill.
9. Fulfillment of __________ is not sufficient for well-being, happiness, and flourishing, because human beings are also __________.
a. biogenic needs; social animals
b. interdependency needs; cooperative
c. physical needs; biological
d. connectedness needs; virtuous

10. A basic framework for approaching moral issues and situations is as follows:
a. Facts of the issue or situation plus Moral Criteria (e.g., goods, principles, virtues) equal Practical Conclusion (good decisions, actions).
b. Moral Criteria (e.g., goods, principles, virtues) plus Practical Conclusion (good decisions, actions) equal Facts of the issue or situation.
c. Practical Conclusion (good decisions, actions) plus Facts of the issue or situation equal Moral Criteria (e.g., goods, principles, virtues).
d. Moral Criteria (e.g., goods, principles, virtues) minus Facts of the issue or situation equal Practical Conclusion (good decisions, actions).
Hi Seth,

I found your questions. I am working on them now.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Ok, Thank you

Hi Seth,

Here are my answers for comparison with your own:

Best regards,
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you...Im am struggling with 3 other questions. If I posted here can you anwser them and I can leave extra tip ?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

1. The basic organizational and managerial problems faced by Robert Peel and his police commissioners:

were similar to, but essentially different, than those faced by police chiefs today.
were totally different than those faced by police chiefs today.
were essentially the same as those faced by police chiefs today.

None of the above

All living systems are:

closed systems.
open systems.
closed-loop systems.

open-loop systems.

The emergent system is composed of all the behavior in the group or the organization that is not necessi­tated by:

the group social system.
the personal system.
the required system.
organizational demands.

Seth - I may have the answer key to this set of questions. Please tell me which exam it is
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Leadership in law enforecment

semester exam -10 questions

ashworth college CJ410

You need to spend $3 to view this post. Add Funds to your account and buy credits.