R.R. Jha
R.R. Jha, Tutor
Experience:  B.Tech

RRJha, I have another question for you. I want to be able to

RRJha, I have another question for you. I want to be able to select data in a range S,T,U,V,W that is 5 columns, and 35 rows down, and once selected, run a macro that would search the data and count for example: A7, and return how many times it shows up in the selected range; then place this frequency in the AB column into row 102, So I want the macro to go through all of the A1 through A35, place whatever is found in the selected data for the A1 through A35, B1 through B35, C1 through C35, D1
Category: Homework
Expert:  R.R. Jha replied 10 months ago.

Thanks for asking. Please send the excel file.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

RRJha, I have another question for you. I want to be able to select data in a range S,T,U,V,W that is 5 columns, and 35 rows down, and once selected, run a macro that would search the data and count for example: A7, and return how many times it shows up in the selected range; then place this frequency in the AB column into row 102, So I want the macro to go through all of the A1 through A35, place whatever is found in the selected data for the A1 through A35, B1 through B35, C1 through C35, D1 through D35, E1 through E35. Please don’t disturb anything else in this file. Just work with the data in the columns S through AJ. Also whenever I add data I will adjust the Y through AJ, 1 to 44 to line up with the data that is to be selected. For example the row 96 with columns S,T,U,V,W lines up with the A1,B1,C1,D1,E1. I am attaching the file to work on. Thanks here is the file http://ge.tt/7tghrXs/v/0

Received the file.

Is search range S96:W131 ?
Would this search range change when you adjust column Y to AJ?
Would output range (AB96:AB130, AD96:AD130 etc.) would change?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

S96:W130 it changes when i add a new data on top of the data in S,T,U,V,W which the new data will go into row 95 then i select the AA95 to AJ130 and move it up so the A1 lines up with data which when get new data will line up with row 95.

so the output would be AB 96 to AB 130, and AD 96 to AD 130, AF 96 to AF 130, AH 96 to AH 130 , and AH96 to AH 130.

Ok, got it. Search range would grow upwards and so the output range.
Is bottom row of search range 130 or 131? because I see row 131 is also colored?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

130. I uncolor it as i go up, havent done that yet. Iso thae data range would stay the same it would be same columns and same amount of rows. Also as the data goes up i may run out of room so later i would copy and paste the data lower and still have to macro work. thanks

Ok, got it.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

Thanks

It's done. Currently, it automatically generates the output on selection of search range, so if you've incorrectly selected the search range, it may overwrite output cell with incorrect count. Or, I can add a separate macro which you'd run after selecting search range, that way you can check your selection before running macro.

Let me know which way would you like it to be - automatic or manual running?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

ok

Customer: replied 10 months ago.

thats ok cause everytime i run it it will be different every time.

Ok, I'll add a separate macro
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

ok

THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
R.R. Jha, Tutor
Experience: B.Tech