LogicPro
LogicPro, Engineer
Experience:  Expert in Java C++ C C# VB Javascript Design SQL HTML
29751445

In this project you will be provided a set of specifications

In this project you will be provided a set of specifications to create an entity-relationship diagram and design accompanying table layout using sound relational modeling concepts and practices. The relationships between the entities and the attributes for the entities will be identified and described. This database will provide the foundation for the follow-on project. The following paragraphs provide the background and summary of the business requirements.
Category: Homework
Expert:  LogicPro replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer.
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you.

If you have any file(s), Zip all files, upload the zipped file to http://wikisend.com and post download link here.
What is the deadline?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Deadline is Sunday at 11am. I will pay double if you can finish it by midnight tonight. The submission will be a WORD DOCUMENT. Here are the directions:

This project allows students to demonstrate their skills in the area of designing relational databases to satisfy specific business rules and requirements. The deliverables for this project include an Entity Relationship Diagram and detailed documentation describing the database design and structure.

Project 1 Details:

You are a database consultant with Ace Software, Inc. and have been assigned to develop a database for the Mom and Pop Johnson video store in town. Mom and Pop have been keeping their records of videos and DVDs purchased from distributors and rented to customers in stacks of invoices and piles of rental forms for years. They have finally decided to automate their record keeping with a relational database.

You sit down with Mom and Pop to discuss their business, and watch their operation for about a week. You discover quickly that a video and a DVD are both copies of a movie kept in a separate plastic case that is rented out. They have several copies of each movie they rent; therefore there are several videos and DVDs for each movie title. You learn that in their inventory they have several thousand videos and DVDs, which they get wholesale from about a half dozen distributors. The video and DVD prices to them are based on the quantity of their shipment and the past business they have done with each company.

The price of a DVD for a movie might be different than the price of a video for the same movie, even from the same distributor. Each distributor provides different types of movies (e.g., suspense, horror, mystery, comedy, etc.). A single distributor may provide several different types of movies in both video and DVD format. It is possible to obtain the same movie from multiple distributors, and at different wholesale prices.

Each video and DVD has a unique identification number that Mom and Pop assign in their inventory, in addition to the distributor's serial number for the item. Each movie also has a unique identification number Mom and Pop assign in addition to the title, and any movie IDs the distributors use in their electronic catalogs. Distributors provide electronic catalogs to Mom and Pop and the information from these catalogs must be included in the database.

Mom and Pop need to record when a video or DVD is rented, when a video or DVD is returned, and all customer charges such as late and damaged fees, failure to rewind fees, and taxes. They need a report of which videos are returned late because there are standard and late charges. On occasion there are discount prices for certain movies or types of movies. Customers want to rent movies based on actors or actresses, running length, type of movie, rating, year released, the director, and the academy awards won (by the movie, the actors, the actresses and/or the directors). Customers also want to know how many videos they have rented in the last month, year, and so forth. Mom and Pop need to keep only basic information on customers in their database, such as name, address, telephone numbers, etc.

There must be no limit to the number of video and/or DVD copies of a movie that Mom and Pop can have in their inventory. Video/DVD ID numbers, movie ID numbers, and distributor ID numbers for videos, DVDs, and movies are all different. Also, each movie must be able to have an unlimited number of actors, actresses, directors, and academy awards (i.e., Oscars). Other types of awards (e.g., Golden Globe, People's Choice, etc.) are not of interest for this application. The rental of equipment, sale of videos, DVDs, popcorn, etc., is not to be kept in the database.

Using this information, you should provide the following in your submission:

1. Determine and list your entities. Then describe fully the relationships between entities via pairs of sentences that indicate the two components of the total relationship in both directions between the entities. Relationships may be unary, binary, or ternary with respect to entities. You should not have any many-to-many relationships.

2. Begin the database logical design by identifying the entities, relationships between entities, and entities' attributes as we have done in this course. Use the same entity/relationship diagram (ERD) notation as used in class for entities, attributes, and relationships. Sketch your ERD by hand or a drawing program (e.g., Visio, PPT, SQL Modeler …) on one single 8-1/2" x 11" page (8-1/2" x 14" maximum), labeled "Mom and Pop Johnson Video Store Database E/R Diagram." Your ERD should not have any many-to-many relationships between entities. Make sure that all relationships between entities are one-to-many to facilitate the construction of relational database tables.

3. Complete the logical database design and start the physical database design by creating metadata (i.e. documentation) that describes the table(s) created from each entity and the column(s) created from each attribute in the ERD. Attributes should be self-describing. Particular attention will be given to the proper specification of all primary key (via "PK") and foreign key (via "FK") columns in the table layouts. These should match your ERD exactly. Begin these descriptions on a page labeled "Proposed Database Tables and Columns based on E/R Diagram." All tables must be 3rd Normal Form. Indicate any and all assumptions that were made.

4. Make sure your work is neat and legible.

Submissions:

1. You should submit a well-organized Word document that includes your entity list, ERD, and database design description.

Expert:  LogicPro replied 1 year ago.
What is the deadline?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I will double pay if finished by midnight tonight.

Hard deadline: Sunday (Tomorrow) at 11 am

Expert:  LogicPro replied 1 year ago.
ok, I will review and reply you ASAP.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you.

Expert:  LogicPro replied 1 year ago.
Welcome
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

What do you think?

Expert:  LogicPro replied 1 year ago.
Please wait
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Okay. Thank you for responding.

Expert:  LogicPro replied 1 year ago.
Download:
Download MomAndPOPProject1.zip
Unzip to get the answer
You can add rest as bonus after you rate the answer

You can ask me again using "For LogicPro only" at the start of your questions like other customers to get instant answers.
It will ensure that question is for me.
Please bookmark my profile page:
http://www.justanswer.com/homework/expert-logicpro/
so you can come back and ask me a question anytime.
Remember, if for any reason you are unsatisfied with my answer, we can continue the conversation until you’re satisfied and rate my answer as excellent. I can address follow up questions on original requirements at no extra charge and I’m always here to help. Thank you for using JustAnswer!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

So, I am to submit all three word documents?

Expert:  LogicPro replied 1 year ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
LogicPro, Engineer
Experience: Expert in Java C++ C C# VB Javascript Design SQL HTML
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Did you receive payment?

Expert:  LogicPro replied 1 year ago.
Not yet Renee. You will have to rate the answer.