LogicPro
LogicPro, Engineer
Experience:  Expert in Java C++ C C# VB Javascript Design SQL HTML

Im total lost trying to learn this c++ here is my program

I'm total lost trying to learn this c++ here is my program problem:
The program should ask for person's name, SSN, Gross weekly pay and dependents.

The program should first determine the tax rate according to the following schedule.
Weekly Income Tax rate
0.00-300.00 0.085
300.01-500.00 0.120
XXX-XX-XXXX.00 0.185
1000.01 and over 0.220

use a function Tax_Rate() to determine the schedule. Pass the gross pay to Tax_Rate() and have the function return the Rate.

Next, use the function Calc_Fed_Tax() to calculate the federal tax. The first argument should be the address of the gross income. The second argument should be the address of the tax rate I (as return by Tax_Rate()). The third argument should be the address of the number of dependents. The amount of the federal tax should be return in the target of the fourth argument.
Finally, the program should calculate the net pay by subtracting the federal tax from the gross income. The program should display person's name, SSN, Gross weekly pay and dependents federal tax, and net pay.
Category: Homework
Expert:  LogicPro replied 10 months ago.
Welcome
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you.
Do you have any code to start with?
What is the deadline?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

The code I have is this and its not much I just totally lost to what to do next

#include "stdafx.h"
#include <iostream>
#include <stdio.h>
#include<conio.h>
using namespace std;
int Tax_Rate();
int Calc_Fed_Tax();

int main()
{
double Rates[5]= {0.085, 0.120, 0.185, 0.220};

int Person_Name,
Rate;

double Social_Secirity_Number,
Gross_Pay,
Number_of_Dependents;

cout << setpercision(2)
<< setiosflags(ios::fixed)
<< setiosflags(ios::showpoint);

cout << "Enter Name Please: ";
cin >> Person_Name;

cout << "Enter Social Security Number Please: ";
cin >> Social_Secirity_Number;

cout << " Enter Gross Weekly Pay Please: ";
cin >> Gross_Pay;

cout << " Enter the number of Dependents Please: ";
cin >> Number_of_Dependents;

Deadline is tonight or tomorrow

ok, I will review it and reply you ASAP.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

ok and the weekly incomes are

0.00- 300.00

300.01-500.00

500.01- 1000.00

1000.01- over

Tax rates are

0.0085

0.120

0.185

0.220

ok, thank you.
How to calculate the federal tax?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

I'm thinking it should be the Tax rate and the Weekly Income gross That is just what I think because the book dosen't give me no more numbers to work with

Customer: replied 10 months ago.

it also says that the arguments are pass by reference to Calc_Fed_Tax() if that is any help.

What is the role of number of Dependents in calculating federal_tax?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

The way I'm reading it is that the problem just ask for it to have because they did not say anything like if one dependent add this extra rate so I because know that I'm just suppose to display it at the end and ask for it at the beginning. Sorry but this is where I got lost.

As they did not say anythif about it, can we leave it while calculating the tax and claulate the tax using gross pay and tax rate?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

Yes

THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
LogicPro, Engineer
Experience: Expert in Java C++ C C# VB Javascript Design SQL HTML