Cher
Cher, Teacher
Experience:  Teacher, Tutor--35+ yrs. Masters Degree. Senior Internet Researcher

For Cher only When a child "reads" a story from pictures and

For Cher only
When a child "reads" a story from pictures and sometimes speaks remembered text, this is called: a. Imitative reading.
B. symbolic reading. C. Pre linguistic reading. D. Playing.
2. A picture book dealing with how plants change sunlight into food is:
A. Fiction
B. nonfiction
C. Predictable
D. A novelty book.
3. Early American literature (1700s) for young children was:
A. Artfully decorated.
B. often full of moral and spiritual themes.
C. Mainly adventure stories full of
Category: Homework
Expert:  Cher replied 10 months ago.
Hi again, Cabrina and thanks for requesting me!

Here are the answers in 'bold' for comparison with your own:

A. Fiction
B. nonfiction
C. Predictable
D. A novelty book.

A. Artfully decorated.
C. Mainly adventure stories full of

***NOTE: #3 IS CUT OFF, BUT OF THE CHOICES PRESENT, I WOULD SAY 'B'***

If you need any additional information or clarification, simply 'Reply' back without rating and I will be happy to help with any follow up questions. Please do not rate negatively if you still need information. Just click "Reply" instead. Thank you!

If you found my answer helpful, a Positive Rating and Positive feedback on the survey, would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! Laughing

If you would like to request me to answer any new, future questions, please begin your post with "For Cher Only" and I will respond as soon as possible.

Warmest regards,

Cher

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Picture books dealing with the reality of young children's lives were published in quantity:
A. In early America .
B. during the civil war period.
C. From 1900 to 1935
D. From 1970 to 2000
5. Books with talking animals:
A. Confuse children
B. may confuse children if they cannot identify with the animals' message
C. May confuse children if teachers do not point out that animals really cannot talk
D. Scare children.
7 when children want a picture book retread immediately after it has just been read, the teacher should:
A. Be pleased and do it if possible
B. be pleased and say, another time ok?
C. Worry about child capacity to sit through another reading
D. Both be pleased and do it if possible, and also worry about child capacity to sit through another reading
Dramatizing a picture book:
A. Requires props
B. may be aided by props and costumes
C. Enhances children's ability to remember story details
D. Both may be aided by props and costumes and enhances children's ability to remember story details
9. A collection of picture books that may help children with life problems, pain, and strong emotions is called a:
A. Nonfiction book list.
B. counseling collection
C. Bibliotherapy collection.
D. Psychotherapy book list
10. To build child involvement and participation during a book-reading time, the teacher should invite children to:
A. Speak a characters dialogue
B. clap word syllables
C. Turn pages for him
D. See each illustration
11. To increase use of the classroom book center, the teacher should:
A. Plan for times when the teacher will be there
B. assign children to times when they will play there
C. Ask children to show the teacher their favorite books
D. Praise children who spend time there
14 Children in preschool can learn about:
A. Story beginnings and ending
B. when commas are used
C. About title pages in books
D. Both story beginnings and endings and about title pages in books
15. In speaking about fiction and nonfiction books to preschoolers, it is prudent to describe them:
A. As fantasy versus fact
B. by saying one contains stories while the other does not
C. As fantasy versus informational
D. As make believe or true
17. The format of a book includes
A. Paper quality
B. reading level
C. Type of literature
D. Author and illustrator
18 When selecting a multicultural book to share with her class, Mrs. Harris should NOT be concerned with:
A. Literary quality
B. accurateness
C. The ethnicity of the author
D. Cultural consciousness
19. When using multicultural books, a teacher should:
A. Set aside a special time to read them
B. choose ones with stereotypical characters so the information is more believable
C. Select books with "caricature-type" illustrations
D. Determine if the character's speech is linguistically correct
Expert:  Cher replied 10 months ago.

Hi again, Cabrina.

Please allow me some time to get these answers to you.

What is the title of this exam and does it have a number?

Thanks,
Cher

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Here is the title children and books
Expert:  Cher replied 10 months ago.
Hi again, Cabrina and thanks for that information.

Is this a Penn Foster exam? If so, what is the number?

Best regards,
Cher
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hey Cher, no this is from ashworth college E13B early childhood literacy
Expert:  Cher replied 10 months ago.

I'll send you the answers as soon as they are completed.

By when is this due?

Thanks,
Cher
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
It's due by Wednesday
Expert:  Cher replied 10 months ago.
Hi Cabrina and thanks for that information.

I will have this for you by or before Wednesday.

Best regards,
Cher
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hey. Good morning. Do you need something from me?
Expert:  Cher replied 10 months ago.
Hi Cabrina,

No, I didn't need anything further from you at this time. I need to send my reply as an 'information request', because that's how the system works, if it's not an 'Answer', so just disregard unless I do ask you a question about the work and you need to let me know more information. Thanks!

Regards,
Cher
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

ok. I get it.

Expert:  Cher replied 10 months ago.
Great! : )
Expert:  Cher replied 10 months ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Cher, Teacher
Experience: Teacher, Tutor--35+ yrs. Masters Degree. Senior Internet Researcher
Expert:  Cher replied 10 months ago.
Hi again, Cabrina

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going and if you were able to download the file with the answers successfully. As you could see, I put asterisks (***) next to the correct answers, as I remembered you couldn't see the highlighted answers in the past.

If you need any additional information or have further concerns, please don't hesitate to ask me by clicking on 'Reply to Expert', and I will answer as soon as possible.

I hope you found the information in my answer helpful; if so, please let me know. Thank you!

I always appreciate the opportunity to be of help to you and thank you for entrusting your question to Just Answer!

Best wishes,
Cher
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I haven't checked the answers. Don't have my book. Just the questions. So I will check before tonight is over.
Expert:  Cher replied 10 months ago.
Hi again, Cabrina and thanks for your positive rating and your reply.

You do have the answers downloaded from the file I sent you, right?

Best regards,
Cher
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Ok. I get them shortly
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Hey Cher. I did I checked them. Can't find my book . So I just entered the answers I had and the ones you gave me. And it was a 70% so only one of your answers was right.
Expert:  Cher replied 9 months ago.
Hi again, Cabrina and thanks for your reply.

I hope all has been well with you!

So sorry about that! I mentioned it was important to cross-check the answers with the information in your book, because I don't have access to your study materials. It's a shame you can't find your book. I hope you find it soon, if you need it for other exams or parts of your course. There were 20 questions altogether, so if you got a 70, didn't you get 14 correct? Is 70 passing? It was very difficult to find answers online from this exam and my apologies that I couldn't help you get a higher score.

Would it be possible to let me know what the correct answers are, so I have them for my files? I would appreciate it. Thanks!

Warmest wishes,
Cher