Steve Herrod
Steve Herrod, Masters Degree
Experience:  BA (Hons) & MA Qualifications
65126503

Can I get the answer to this? You have answered before. Thanks!Imagi

Can I get the answer to this? You have answered before. Thanks!

Imagine that you have been hired as the database administrator for a local department store. The department store has recently expanded by opening five (5) stores within your local region. They have also launched a series of marketing campaigns to attract new customers and increase sales. For your hired role, you will be responsible for creating and maintaining an enterprise-wide database system that will hold the sales and inventory data for the organization. The designed database will help operations in supporting its new business marketing strategy. Using the concepts presented throughout the course, you will develop a plan to create this database and establish a design that aligns with the product sales initiatives of the organization.
Write a twelve to fifteen (12-15) page paper in which you:
Identify the potential sales and department store transactions that can be stored within the database.
Design a database solution and the potential business rules that could be used to house the sales transactions of the department store.
Evaluate all relationships of each entity within your database solution using the Crow’s Foot notation. Include all data elements, entities, relationships (such as 1:M, 1:1, M:N), and cardinalities for the department store database in your diagram. Note: The graphically depicted solution is not included in the required page length.
Research the Internet for best practices of how retail stores use databases for retaining customers and increasing sales and complete the following:
Justify how Big Data tools could be used for forecasting sales and inventory of the department store.
Propose two (2) SQL Stored Procedures that use SQL functions to help sales associates perform explanatory or predictive analytics.
Give your opinion on which of the two (2) ways you proposed in Question four (4) b provide greater value to expanding their business within the region.
Provide a copy of your working SQL code as part of the paper.
Research the Internet for database vendors that provide cloud computing services and complete the following:
Estimate the types of costs involved or the pricing structure required when implementing a cloud-hosted solution for a database.
Analyze security considerations and pricing of the different cloud implementation types.
Rank the cloud services options of Software as a Service, Platform as a Service and Infrastructure as a Service in terms of functionality, mobility, and ability to provide distributed transaction concurrency. Compare how these cloud-based services fit within an environment where users are mobile. Determine the technical provisions that would be required to ensure data integrity.
Evaluate whether the use of a distributed DBMS structure is appropriate and identify the optimization techniques that should be factored in to enhance the operations of the database in your design.
Provide at least two (2) examples of how lost updates and uncommitted data may occur, keeping in mind that five (5) stores will be generating transactions.
Determine the concurrency control factors that can be used to ensure valid execution of transactions within the current multiuser environment.
Research the Internet for backup and restoration recovery solutions and database security threats that could be applicable to the department store. Upon your research, complete the following:
Suggest at least two (2) options that could be made available to provide disaster management functions for the database system within the retail environment.
Assess the types of security threats that may exist when managing the department store database and suggest measure(s) that can be performed to minimize these threats that are particular to retail.

Steve Herrod :

Yes I will send that through in a couple of hours when back in front of my laptop

Customer:

Ok, great. I need it for today, I know kind of short notice. I really appreciate the help.

Steve Herrod :

No problem, as soon as I can will send you the link

Steve Herrod :

Uploading now

Steve Herrod :

Cheers

Steve Herrod :

Steve

Customer:

thank you

Steve Herrod :

No problem

Steve Herrod :

Let me know if it was OK

Steve Herrod :

Cheers

Steve Herrod :

Steve

Customer:

It was great, thanks a lot for the help!

Steve Herrod :

No problem, let me know if you need anything and if you are happy with the service please rate the answer so we know how we are doing