Ray Atkinson
Ray Atkinson, Graduate Student
Experience:  Inner-city high school substitute teacher. Degrees in mathemetics, accounting, and education. Years and years of tutoring.

How do I determine how much cocaine is present in the original

How do I determine how much cocaine is present in the original sample if an extraction of
cocaine is 80% efficient and GCMS quantitation shows that 150 mg of cocaine is present in the extracted sample?

You need to spend $3 to view this post. Add Funds to your account and buy credits.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Makes sense. For the calculation, would you simply word it as... concentration (extracted)/extraction efficiency = original concentration or is there a more official/technical way to word it? Thanks.

Yes, that would be a good way of defining it. One of the secrets of math is getting the formulas in your head in a way that it will stick.
Results / efficiency = original
150 / 0.8 = 187.50

When you are satisfied, please remember to rate my answer.