Raj
Raj, Engineer
Experience:  4 + Experiance in IT Industry

You have in your program an ArrayList that contains employee

Goes without saying these are Java programming questions:

You have in your program an ArrayList that contains employee names (strings) in arbitrary order. You need to display the employees ordered alphabetically by name. Provide detailed steps of how you plan to accomplish this task. You do not need to give correct Java code (a detailed pseudocode is sufficient) but indicate which method(s) and which Java class(es) you would use. Suppose that you have an array of baseball scores (type integer) called Scores. The values in the array are ordered from largest to smallest. You need to find the average score, and how many scores are less or equal to the average, and how many are greater than the average. Write a code fragment to accomplish it, or at the very least write a detailed plan (pseudocode).

Category: Homework
Expert:  Raj replied 10 months ago.
Hi There,

I will be helping you with the solution.
Can you please post the complete requirement once again.
Also you need Pseudocode or Code in any programming Language?

Thank you
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

Hi! They are two separate questions so don't be confused by trying to answer them both as one:

1: You have in your program an ArrayList that contains employee names (strings) in arbitrary order. You need to display the employees ordered alphabetically by name. Provide detailed steps of how you plan to accomplish this task. You do not need to give correct Java code (a detailed pseudocode is sufficient) but indicate which method(s) and which Java class(es) you would use. (Java code is unnecessary but specific Java classes and methods should be listed within the pseudocode to accomplish this)

2. Suppose that you have an array of baseball scores (type integer) called Scores. The values in the array are ordered from largest to smallest. You need to find the average score, and how many scores are less or equal to the average, and how many are greater than the average. Write a code fragment to accomplish it, or at the very least write a detailed plan (pseudocode). (This would prefer to write it in Java however, if unable, then pseudocode is acceptable)

Expert:  Raj replied 10 months ago.
No Problem got it.

Let me know the deadline for both the requirements?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

30 - 45 minutes? Appreciate it :)

Expert:  Raj replied 10 months ago.
Based on Urgency and Amount of work I am sending an Underprice report.
Please check you e-mail registered with us to get the new price for the Question.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

$60?

Expert:  Raj replied 10 months ago.
I sent underprice for $70
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

I set it for $65, as $70 was not an available option.

Expert:  Raj replied 10 months ago.
Ok No Problem you can add $5 as BONUS after I am done with the Solution.
Are we good here?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

Yes we are. Looking forward to your reply soon

Expert:  Raj replied 10 months ago.
Yes Almost done with Solution 1.

Just for confirmation : For Part 1 you just need steps how we will sort the Arraylist(employee of type string) in alphabetical order right??
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

That's correct. The ArrayList is initially randomized so the names need to be arranged in alphabetical order.

Expert:  Raj replied 10 months ago.
Ok Got it.
UPDATE:
Solution 1 is done now am working on Solution 2.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

Understood

Expert:  Raj replied 10 months ago.
SOLUTIONS are ready:

Solution 1:

STEP 1:
To Sort the Arraylist containing the employee names of type String we will make use of Collections class defined inside java.util.Collections.
So We will import that class at the beginning of the code using the below format:
import java.util.Collections;

STEP 2: Than in Collection class we Have a Method name sort() which sorts the specified list into ascending order which will be done using the below command:
Collections.sort(employee);

STEP 3:At the end Arraylist named employee is sorted with employee name sorted in ascending order.

Solution 2:

//Name of File: Baseball.java

class Baseball
{
public static void main(String[] args)
{
int[ ] score = {10,9,7,6,5,5,4,3,3,3,2,0};
int size;
int total = 0;
int average = 0;
int belowAvg = 0;
int aboveAvg = 0;
size = score.length;

//Find the Average Score
for(int i = 0; i < size; i++)
{
total += score[ i ];
}
average = total / size;

//Now calculate the count below Average and above Average
for(int i = 0; i < size; i++)
{
if(score[ i ] <= average)
{
belowAvg++;
}
else
{
aboveAvg++;
}
}

//Display Result.
System.out.println("Number of Team with Score Less or Equal to Average : "+belowAvg);
System.out.println("Number of Team with Score Less or Equal to Average : "+aboveAvg);

}
}

If you face any difficulty than feel free to ask for help.

If the solution file is satisfactory than Please don't forget to RATE the Answer.
It will hardly take few seconds to RATE my Answer

Thank You and Have a Good Day.
Raj, Engineer
Experience: 4 + Experiance in IT Industry
Expert:  Raj replied 10 months ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Expert:  Raj replied 10 months ago.
Thank you for your Rating

In Future to request any new Question to me just begin your Question with TO RAJ followed by the Question in the following format:

TO RAJ: Followed by the Question.

Have a Good Day.