TheDoctor
TheDoctor, Professional w/Adv. Degree
Experience:  M.S. in Internet Information Systems

050173RR

050173RR information literacy: exam on research techniques

Category: Homework
Expert:  Cher replied 11 months ago.

Hello, benoo and welcome!

My name is XXXXX XXXXX it will be my pleasure to work with you today.

If you can include the actual questions on your exam, it would be helpful. Thanks!

Best regards,
Cher

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

050173RR

When you have completed your exam and reviewed your answers, click Submit Exam. Answers will not be recorded until you

hit Submit Exam. If you need to exit before completing the exam, click Cancel Exam.

Questions 1 to 20: Select the best answer to each question. Note that a question and its answers may be split across a page

break, so be sure that you have seen the entire question and all the answers before choosing an answer.

1. Use the World Factbook through the Virtual Reference Room to determine which of the following is

listed as an official language of Canada.

A. Canadian

B. Spanish

C. French

D. German

2. What is an effective truncation method for searching the Internet?

A. Using several synonymous terms in the search

B. Entering one or two related words

C. Reading all the hits from your first search

D. Using quotation marks, hyphens, and unique words

3. In the keyword search on EDSeek's Home Page, enter the following statement: NASA* AND Mars*.

Based on the results from this search, which article title represents a citation under the News results?

A. "NASA's Car-Sized Rover Nears Daring Landing on Mars"

B. "NASA: What Now?"

C. "Earth's Trojan Asteroid"

D. "Future U.S. Planetary Science Explored"

4. Which one of the following ways of incorporating an idea from a journal article into your research paper

is considered best for expressing the entire idea in your own words?

A. Summarize

B. Paraphrase

C. Quote

D. Copy and paste

5. Access the Library of Congress library catalog at http://catalog.loc.gov and read the Basic Search Tips.

Then, find the information to answer the question. Under the 1951 edition of The Catcher in the Rye, what

is listed as the publishing city?

A. Boston

B. New York

C. Chicago

D. Philadelphia

6. Which of the following is an example of a primary source?

A. An encyclopedia article citing events from the 1880s and giving a list of works cited

B. A recently published history book that cites diaries and letters from the 1880s

C. A newspaper article published in the 1980s that reports on an event in the 1880s

D. Diaries and letters from the 1880s published in a recent book of collected diaries and letters from the 1880s

7. What would you type into a search engine for a quick way to get the definition of mensa?

A. info:mensa

B. allintitle:mensa

C. define:mensa

D. mensa organization

8. On the EDSeek database, which of the following is not listed under the tools?

A. Change Databases

B. Dictionary

C. Logout

D. Return to Library

9. Use the World Factbook through the Virtual Reference Room to determine the total population of

France.

A. 65,951,611

B. 63,294,140

C. 72,490,000

D. 70,192,330

10. In the keyword search on EDSeek's Home Page, enter the following statement: NASA* AND Mars*.

Based on the results from this search, which of the following publications are listed under the "Magazines"

results?

A. The Economist and Natural History

B. Nature and American Scientist

C. Astronomy and Popular Science

D. Astronomy and Nature

11. Using the Internet and the search skills you've learned in Information Literacy, answer the following

question. You may wish to use search engines, meta-search engines, or virtual reference collections

discussed in the study unit. When did the U.S. purchase Alaska and how much did it cost?

A. 1912, $7.2 million

B. 1867, $7.2 million

C. 1967, $7.2 billion

D. 1959, $7.2 billion

12. Which of the following is an option on under the Library Services?

A. Ask Your Instructor

B. Google

C. Local Information

D. Bilingual Resources

13. Scholarly journal articles are written by

A. lower division college students.

B. professional writers.

C. experts in a subject field.

D. reporters.

14. Using the Internet and the search skills you've learned in Information Literacy, answer the following

question. You may wish to use the search engines, meta-search engines, or virtual reference collections

discussed in the study unit. What U.S. city is listed as the cleanest?

A. Cheyenne, Wyoming

B. Charlotte, North Carolina

C. New York, New York

D. San Francisco, California

15. Which of the following sets of Dewey Decimal call numbers is in the correct order?

A. 010.1 ABR, 004.15 KWA 100.01 PRO, 100.1 BLU

B. 004. 15 KWA, 010. 1 ABR, 100.01 PRO, 100.1 BLU

C. 100.01 PRO, 100.1 BLU, 010. 1 ABR, 004. 15 KWA

D. 100. 1 BLU, 010.1 ABR, 004. 15 KWA, 100.01 PRO

16. Access the Library of Congress library catalog at http://catalog.loc.gov and read the Basic Search Tips.

Then, find the information to answer the question. Under the subject headings for Harry Potter and the

Goblet of Fire, which is not listed as a subject?

A. Dark Arts

B. Schools

C. Magic

D. Wizards

17. Using online print reference sources covered in Information Literacy, answer the following question.

What is the general zip code for Carmel, CA?

A. 93923

B. 93922

C. 93931

D. 93924

18. In the keyword search on EDSeek's Home Page, enter the following statement: NASA* AND Mars*.

Based on the results from this search, choose the best answer to this question. Under the News sources,

which of the following is not a publication title?

End of

Expert:  Cher replied 10 months ago.

Hello again, Benoo.

Thank you for sending your questions to this exam. My apologies, but I will not be able to help you with this, so I will leave your question open for other experts.

Best of luck on your exam!

Regards,
Cher

Expert:  Josie-Mod replied 10 months ago.
Hi, I’m Josie a moderator for this topic. It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still needing assistance from an other one of our professionals?

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question.

Also remember that JustAnswer has a multitude of categories to help you with all your needs from Pet to Legal.

Thank you,

Josie~Moderator
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Waitin
g for help

Hello

Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX continue to look for a professional to assist you. Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance while you wait.

Best,

Josie~Moderator

Customer: replied 10 months ago.

yes

Hello again :)

We are still working with our professionals to find you the best possible match. But I wanted to touch base to see if you were still needing our professionals' assistance.

Please let me know if you would like to continue to wait or if you would like to cancel your question at this time. We sincerely XXXXX XXXXX the extended wait time.

Thank you,

Josie~Moderator
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

yes, waiting

Expert:  Angela--Mod replied 10 months ago.
Hello, I am a moderator for this topic. Please understand that it’s rare when we cannot find the right professional, but we are unable to find someone to answer this question at this time. However, as one of our valued customers, you are more than welcome to ask another question. Thank you for your understanding.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Relist: I still need help.
Expert:  TheDoctor replied 10 months ago.
Hello and thank you for your question.

I can answer all of these questions, but need a little bit more information.

First, your questions got cut off. It appears that not all of question 18 is posted and questions 19 and 20 are not posted.

Additionally, can you provide a link to "Edseek" I believe you have to go through your school's online library and click on the link to Edseek. You could then try giving me the link to that resource, though I am uncertain if I will have access to it.

Question 12 asks what can be found under "Library Resources" when you click on that in your school. I do not have access to that.

Without edseek, I cannot answer questions 3, 8, 10, 18

And I cannot answer 12, though you should be able to easily answer it. Click on "Library Services" in your classroom and see which link is there.

If you can get me access to edseek, I can answer those other four questions.

And please repost questions 18, 19, and 20 -- since they didn't come through in the thread.

Thank you
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
The one u can answer am waiting , thank you
I might be able to answer 19 and 20 also. Those were not posted in this thread. It got cut off when you pasted the questions. Can you paste those two so I can see if I can answer those also?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Ok, i will do that, thank you
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

19.

In which section of the Penn Foster library is the link "Evaluating Information on the Web"?

A.

Subject Guides

B.

Guidebooks and Tips

C.

Virtual Reference Room

D.

EDSeek

20.

Access the Library of Congress library catalog at http://catalog.loc.gov and read the Basic Search Tips.

Then, find the information to answer the question. What is the page count on the 2001 edition of the book

The Life of Pi?

A.

340

B.

375

C.

417

D.

319

THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
TheDoctor, Professional w/Adv. Degree
Experience: M.S. in Internet Information Systems
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

help with exam number 050234RR - TOWARD A GLOBAL UNITY: 1500 TO 1700

Hello again!

In order to receive assistance with a new exam, you must enter a new question. Simply go to the home page and start a new question.

Thank you again. I hope you have great day!