Bethany Robertson
Bethany Robertson, Teacher
Experience:  20 + years in Regular and Special Education, Reading Specialist Master's, Published author
20214394

. Use the Basic Science Lesson Plan components outlined on

. Use the Basic Science Lesson Plan components outlined on pages 108-110―topic/concept, objective, materials, advanced preparation, procedure, evaluation and extension―to write a science lesson plan appropriate for use in an early childhood classroom. (You do not have to include the “Goal” component in your lesson plan.)

After creating the lesson plan, list at least two extension activities. Your extension activities should include activities that involve different multiple intelligences other than that addressed in the lesson plan activity. Do not use the same multiple intelligence for both activities. Put the name of the corresponding intelligences in parenthesis at the beginning of the activity so it is clear which of the multiple intelligences you are involving. Refer to page 31 in your textbook to find the list of Gardner’s multiple intelligences.

A note about writing your objective: Though the text book suggests beginning your objective with, “The child should be able to…”, in the real world of teaching, your objective would have to be aligned with a state standard. Please find an appropriate state standard from the Georgia Performance Standards at www.georgiastandards.org that your lesson plan will meet.

For example, here is a science standard for kindergarteners in Georgia:

STANDARD SKP1 Students will describe objects in terms of the materials they are made of and their physical properties.
ELEMENT a. Compare and sort materials of different composition (common materials include clay, cloth, paper, plastic, etc.).
ELEMENT b. Use senses to classify common materials, such as buttons or swatches of cloth, according to their physical attributes (color, size, shape, weight, texture, buoyancy, flexibility)

If the concept you want to teach is that various objects feel different from one another, the standard you would be meeting would be:

SKP1 ELEMENT b. Use senses to classify common materials, such as buttons or swatches of cloth, according to their physical attributes (color, size, shape, weight, texture, buoyancy, flexibility).

A break down of what is expected in your assignment is below.

Concept: This is stated in complete sentence(s) and is appropriate for an early childhood classroom.
Objective/ Standard: This states a specific state standard.

Materials: Lists all materials used in the procedure.

Advanced Preparation: This includes all tasks that must be completed by the teacher before the lesson.
Procedure: ------------------see below----------------------------------------
initiating activity This is an activity, story, song etc... used to get the children’s attention and interest in the topic.
how to do it This section provides thorough step-by-step directions on how to complete the activity with the students.
Evaluation:
Includes at least 3 questions you will answer to determine the success of the activity and the children’s level of interest and learning.
Extension: Includes two activities that each addresses one or more different multiple intelligences then the activity in the lesson.
Category: Homework
Expert:  Bethany Robertson replied 1 year ago.
Customer

I may be able to help you with this. Just a couple of questions, to start. This is 'early childhood'. That confines the lesson plan to Pre-school and Kindergarten? Or can you go higher? When is the due date for the project? To compensate for research and length, I would need to ask for a bonus of $25. Please let me know if this is acceptable. I look forward to hearing from you!

Best Regards,
Bethany Robertson
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

It is early childhood, and the project is due Friday by 3pm. And I have no problem with the bonus. Thanks so much

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Relist: Answer came too late.
Expert:  Bethany Robertson replied 12 months ago.
Customer

I apologize for the delay in answering, when I got on yesterday it did not show me that you had replied! Friday is fine. What time zone are you in? (I'm in Central) I want to make sure there is no mix-up about the time you need the project. I will get started and keep you posted on my progress!

Best,
Bethany
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Bethany Robertson, Teacher
Experience: 20 + years in Regular and Special Education, Reading Specialist Master's, Published author