Gwyn, Teacher
Experience:  *Eight years of teaching experience in English and American History

I have a "copy and special paste" question. I can e-mail you

I have a "copy and special paste" question. I can e-mail you my worksheet and try to explain the question. I want the copy and special paste to gather the information needed to do the calculations from the same group of cells every time, not step down as the rows step down...??? You'll see when you see the worksheet.

Hi there!

We're unable to send or receive e-mails, however, are you able to upload the spreadsheet to a sharing site like mediafire or

I'm 95% sure I know what you'd like to do, but if you could show me specifically that would be very helpful.

When you upload to the filesharing site, you will have the option to share with a link.

Share that link here, and I'm confident I can explain what's required to solve your problem.

Nice to meet you!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

In Excel, I have a column of rows. In the rows I enter information about steel building products. To the right of each row I have a long row of formulas. When the information from the column on the left meets the tests for a cell on the right it activates that cell which draws information from a pool of cells on the same page. All of this works fine on my first trial row, BUT!!!, when I copy and special paste the formula to the next row down, because I have several rows that need to do the same task, the cell will draw information from the exact same pool of information cells but cascade down, row for row, therefor retrieving wrong information.

I hope that makes sense. I would be glad to upload to a fileshare sight but would have to learn how to do it.

Thank You,

Howard's Metal Sales

Chaplin, Kentucky

I'm sure you I know what you mean. Let me respond with an excel spreadsheet of my own to show you how to get around your formulas constantly shipping.

You'll get your answer at some point before 7:00PM EST at the latest.

Nice to meet you!

You need to spend $3 to view this post. Add Funds to your account and buy credits.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

This was my original formula =IF(AND(E13=16,H13=8),P6,0)

This is my revised formula =IF(AND(E13=16,H13=8),$P6,0)

Is this correct? Nope, didn't work.Frown

I figured it out!! It has to be =IF(AND(E13=16,H13=8),$P$6,0)

GREAT! Thank You! Cool

Awesome! I am happy to hear that you were able to figure it out on your own. :-)
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No! I figured it out with your help!

Thank You!

You are very welcome. That's why I'm here. :-)
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Just making sure that everything is complete and you got paid for assisting me.

Thank You,

Hello, Charles. The payment went through. Thank you. If you need me in the future, feel free to request me.