John, Engineer
Experience:  Bachelors Degree
27270878

You have been asked to design a database system for DonationDollars,

You have been asked to design a database system for DonationDollars, a company that wants to facilitate donations to non-profit organizations via an online service. To do this, DonationDollars presents an online profile for each company on a website. Here, other people can make donations to the cause. The website shows the number of dollars gathered in a given time, the people who donated (can be by name or anonymous) and the amount of money donated.

In addition to facilitating this exchange online, DonationDollars needs to transfer all money to the correct organization, send a thank-you letter to the person who is donating the money (for tax deduction purposes) and keep track of the total amounts of dollars donated to all different companies.

For example, one organization that uses DonationDollars could be the Pet Orphanage, a shelter for animals. As an individual, you can donate money online to the Pet Orphanage using the website put up by DonationDollars.

Design a database for this project.

1. Show the ER diagram for your database. There should be at least 4 entities with their relations. Clearly describe and explain all the symbols you use for your ER diagram.

2. Describe at least one stored procedure for this project in detail. Explain why using a stored procedure would be a good idea. Explain what the stored procedure would do using pseudo-code.

3. Explain the difference between an ER diagram and your final database diagram showing the tables.

4. As a software designer, you suspect that DonationDollars will want to do data mining later on to better focus on specific donors. What type of Big Data from social networks would you recommend they look at? How would it be used concurrently with your database?

I'm Josie and I'm a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with our professionals to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of our professionals.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

Also remember that JustAnswer has a multitude of categories to help you with all your needs from Pet to Legal.

Thank you,

Josie~Moderator

hi

thanks for your question
i am john, i will help you to do this

do you need this, if then, when do you need thi
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi John,

I still need you to answer my question as soon as possible because I am preparing for my exam. I also have other questions but waiting to see your answer for my first question.

hi

can you wait until tomorrow morning

i will send it by tomorrow morning

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ok

hi

ok see you
hi

The answer link is given below

http://ge.tt/3Qytn9q/v/0

hope this helps
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi John,

Could you please add the relationships between them (1-M, M-N etc) in the ER?

hi

ok i will change it
hi

the modified link is below

http://ge.tt/1Gm7HEq/v/0

hope this helps
hi

did you check this answer
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi

yes, but what is the relationship between the Website and DonatingPeople?

Also I just wonder why the relationship between the website and non-profitcomany is (M-N) not (1-M)?

hi

sorry , just mistaken

here is the modified link

http://ge.tt/1JaNXPq/v/0

hope this helps

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thanks

THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!

You need to spend $3 to view this post. Add Funds to your account and buy credits.
John, Engineer
Experience: Bachelors Degree