Steve Herrod
Steve Herrod, Masters Degree
Experience:  BA (Hons) & MA Qualifications

I am new at this networking and servers thing. I have a assignment

Customer Question

I am new at this networking and servers thing. I have a assignment that I need a little help on. Hope someone can help.

You are a network consultant for a large consulting firm. You are going to design a large network for an enterprise client that sells gourmet candies. The network is going to be for their entire US-based operation. There are seven physical sites to this network, located in New York, Boston, Atlanta, Chicago, Dallas, Los Angeles, and Seattle. The information for each physical site is given below:

Site Total Number of Clients Additional Information
New York 1100 WiFi at site, heavy printing needs
Boston 600 WiFi at site
Atlanta 400 public website hosted at this site with e-commerce
Chicago 800 WiFi at site, developers are located at this site
Dallas 500 credit card processing done here
Los Angeles 1000 WiFi at site
Seattle 600 shipping and distribution site is here

Your final design must contain:

1. A drawing of the overall network with general information so I can see the physical layout of your network. All physical sites should be on this diagram so I can see the “big picture.” You should display the internet connections and their speed, as well as how you choose to connect each site together.

1. After completing the physical layout of the network, you will choose a specific site and do a detailed design of that site, similar to the earlier project. You should be absolutely as detailed as possible, including not only a sound physical design, but also a detailed backup and recovery plan. Make sure you are thorough and complete!

1. The final part of the project requires you to write a complete analysis of your design, explaining why you chose this particular layout, justifying all of your choices. The writeup has no particular length requirement; however, a good and thorough explanation will likely be at least two to three pages.
Category: Homework
Expert:  Steve Herrod replied 3 years ago.

You need to spend $3 to view this post. Add Funds to your account and buy credits.