R.R. Jha
R.R. Jha, Tutor
Experience:  B.Tech

1. Use the high-low method to estimate the cost behavior for

1. Use the high-low method to estimate the cost behavior for the clinic’s administrative costs. Express the cost behavior in formula form (Y=a + bX). What is the variable cost per patient?
2. Build spreadsheet: Construct an Excel spreadsheet and use the Excel commands to perform a least-squares regression and estimate the administrative cost behavior. Express the cost behavior in formula form. What is the variable cost per patient? Compute and interpret the R2 value for the regression.
3. Write a memo to the hospital administrator comparing the cost estimates using (a) least squares regression, (b) the high-low method, and (c) the scatter diagram and visually fit semi variable-cost line from the preceding case (requirement (4)). Make a recommendation as to which estimate should be used, and support your recommendation. Make any other suggestions you feel are appropriate.

You need to spend $3 to view this post. Add Funds to your account and buy credits.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you I couldn't get the scatter diagram to turn out right.

You're most welcome!

Let me know anytime you need help with other questions. Just add 'RRJha' at the start of your new question and I'll get back to you.