TheDoctor
TheDoctor, Professional w/Adv. Degree
Experience:  M.S. in Internet Information Systems

**For TheDoctor** Need help with html image sequence

**For TheDoctor** Need help with jquery on click close open function 

Category: Homework
Expert:  Angela--Mod replied 11 months ago.

Hello, I'm a moderator for this topic. I've been working hard to find a professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. Please let me know and I will assist further. Thank you!

Best,

Angela

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Is there someone else who can help me

Expert:  TheDoctor replied 11 months ago.
Hello again. Thank you for requesting me.

Please provide details. If you have files to share, please upload them to http://ge.tt

Once uploaded, you will be given a link on the right. Click on the 'Copy Link' option and then paste it here.

Thank you
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

It is a image sequence I did but I need to be able to open and close images. When you select an subject from the left and image sequence opens and when you click the "plus" sign an image will open and I need it to be able to close and choose another image. I think you will understand what I mean by looking at the file. http://caxlo.com/Img_seq.zip

Thank you. I will contact you once I have a solution ready for you.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Any idea how long you might need? And one more I forgot once i select an image from the right I cant for some reason click on the left and select a new one I have to refresh the page everytime.

Alright, I am not sure if I am fully following what you are saying.

When I click on a heading on the left, some options appear in the main box.

I can click on any of the options in the main box and that opens an image with additional information. This image with additional information has three red tabs on the right of it. I can select any of those three red tabs to switch between images.

However, I cannot close this image that has the additional information and once it is open I also cannot select a different heading on the left.

That is what I am experiencing. Does that sound about right?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

give me 3 minutes ill send you screen shot for better understanding

You're going to send me a screen shot of a site that I have open and am looking at in the browser right now?

Here is what I am seeing:

I can "How Will You Deploy" "How Will You Consume" and "Operational Excellence"

I can select those all I want and the options on the right change.

If I select one of the "buttons" in these options, the additional information image appears.

At that time, I can continue to select the red squares you put in for the buttons, but I cannot close the image and get back to the options. Additionally, if I select on of the main options on the left, it doesn't matter because that image is stuck over everything and won't go away.

I need to know exactly what browser you are using (The browser AND the version).
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

http://caxlo.com/sc.png

I currently only have the red button to mark the button which if you take the buttons out you will see there is a "plus" sign instead you click.

the red square button should operate as open and close and when close to bring back the blue image for example

As I mentioned, I need to know exactly what browser you are using.

You do not have only one red button. If you view your site in Google Chrome, the world #1 browser as of the middle of last year, All three red buttons show up at all times.

What browser and version are you using?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
The red bottons you can leave them they are just there to work insteqd of the "plus" sing the image has if you look at the image folder you will see that all the pictures have a "plus" sign the red button is just a link

Google chrome will work fine.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

http://caxlo.com/sc2.png thats what I'm trying to say sorry for the confusion

Alright. I am leaving the red boxes alone. Right now, you can use them to switch between different images. You simply cannot ever close those images, which is deleterious. I will make it so that:

You can close the open image and go back to the main selections.
If you select a new main heading on the left, the image is closed so that the user can actually see the new options.

This will take a little while because the jQuery needs a little reworking. About 2 - 3 hours.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Okay thank you Sir.
You're welcome.
Hello again!

Please download the files here:

Attachment: 2013-08-25_184714_images.zip

As you will see, if you open an image you can then close it by clicking on it's red square a second time. You can still click on the other red squares to switch between images. But if you click on the red square of the displayed image, it closes the image.

Additionally, if you have one of the image open and you select a new main topic over on the left, it closes the image and displays the new topic options.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Please remember to rate my answer. Thank you so much and have a wonderful day!
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

The only thing is when opening the page I need the first image sequene to open now it sits on the 1st image sequence For example when opening the page I need the blue screen image to show up on right

The copy you gave me never did that and you didn't ask for it. I see no code that does that either. But I can certainly add that functionality.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

My bad I thought I did

THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
TheDoctor, Professional w/Adv. Degree
Experience: M.S. in Internet Information Systems
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Thank you Sir, And I'll ask you for another question soon again.