Alex
Alex, Engineer
Experience:  BS in Business Administration with a major in MIS. 15+ years experience in software design and development.
50749495

PUBH 6235 program design, planning and evaluation

Alex I sent you the questions last night - did you see them? I was of the opinion that you did them already - is that so? John

Category: Homework
Expert:  Alex replied 1 year ago.

Alex :

Hi John, the only thing I had was the additional programmer healthcare interview. Was there something else?

Customer:

I sent you an additional interview home work that is my week 11 and 12 appilation.

Customer:

Alex are you in now?

Alex :

Hi, yes I'm here.

Alex :

I sent you the additional interview for the project related interview question tonight and you rated and paid for it. I don't see any other questions open.

Customer:

Can we talk

Alex :

Yes.

Customer:

Did you see the questions about the interview?

Alex :

I can post here what I have.

Alex :

Just a sec.

Customer:

Ok

Alex :

Here's what I had and answered tonight:

Alex :

This week, you will identify a health information system in your community (local, county, or state level). Contact the appropriate department of the host organization, and interview at least one person to learn about the development and implementation of the system. Write a critique of the system based on what you have learned in this course. Be sure to include a description of the system, the name and title of the person with whom you spoke, and how their process was similar or different from what you have learned about when planning and implementing this type of project. You may go to the programmer you spoke to previously; however, if you do, this programmer must be in the field of public health or healthcare.

You may conduct a phone or face-to-face interview. Set aside at least one hour for this discussion. Examples of the types of questions you might consider asking are presented below. This list is not comprehensive. You should think of other questions that relate to the concepts presented throughout this course.

• Who decided an information system was needed?

• Was a team approach to design used? If so, who was on the team?

• How was the new system created? Did you purchase something off the shelf or have it developed in-house? Did you send out an RFP?

• How were stakeholders involved in the process?

• Application: Evaluating a Health Information System

• Last week you began evaluating a health information system applying what you have learned throughout this course. Be sure to include a description of the system, the name and title of the person with whom you spoke, and how their process was similar or different from what you have learned about planning and implementing this type of project.

• In your write-up of this interview, please include an introductory paragraph and a summary of your observations, with reference to your reading in this week and in previous ones. Remember to use APA formatting, and to include your references. This Application is due by Day 7 of this week.

Alex :

Look right?

Customer:

yes that is the home work

Customer:

Have you done it already?

Alex :

Yes, I posted it and you paid for it about an hour later :)

Alex :

Let me grab the link...

Customer:

I cannot see it

Alex :

It's on the other thread where you paid, not sure why you didn't see it. Here you go: http://ge.tt/7gr2Mrp/v/0?c

Customer:

I should use that link to find it?

Alex :

Yes, I can post it in here directly but that link takes you to a word document.

Customer:

let me look at the link

Alex :

Sure

Customer:

I think you may have to send it again

Alex :

Do you want me to post the raw text here?

Customer:

I am not sure,

Customer:

Will it be OK if you do?

Alex :

Sure, we just need to lock the question so it doesn't show up in Google eventually, no problem. Do it all the time.

Alex :

Just a sec.

Alex :

One of the most fascinating aspects of implementing a healthcare information system is the amount of complexity that is involved. Even when buying off the shelf software there is a significant amount of customization that must take place as the billing systems used in different physicians offices can vary based on the types of services provided as well as the different billing systems that are currently in place. The person I interviewed was involved in implementing an Electronic Medical Record system within a clinic that served 10 different doctors.

The owners of the clinic decided that an information system was needed as the cost associated with maintaining paper charts and separate billing and diagnostics systems produced a huge need for administrative overhead. Realizing that this overhead didn’t add any value to their practice they decided they needed to find a way to streamline the process such that patients benefited from the system. In addition, a new information system was being used such that the doctors could treat more patients more effectively in the same amount of time.

A team approach was needed as the entire office was involved in the conversion from the existing paper chart system and automated billing system into the new EMR system. Unless everyone bought into the idea of how the system could allow them to do their jobs better they wouldn’t be interested and wouldn’t want to continue to use it. The primary team responsible for implementing the system involved an outside vendor who provided the basic software as well as an IT expert within the clinic system. This IT person was responsible for ensuring the correct installation of the hardware and software and making sure that physicians and staff were all trained appropriately on how to use the system. An addition set of 10 contractors were brought in to do manual data entry in order to bring the current system up to speed and input all of the existing data into the new EMR system.

RFPs were presented and several vendors provided demos. However, preference was given based on recommendations from other clinics in the area who were under the same health system and had already implemented this particular EMR. It would also interface with the hospital EMR which would make the doctors job easier having that information available to them when they saw patients in the hospital as opposed to using a chart of having to call to have records retrieved.

Stakeholders were involved in the process in a number of ways including providing training sessions that demonstrated how the new system could allow them to be more efficient. Cases were also presented indicating the effectiveness of the software in increasing the number of patients that could be treated as well as the ease of having information available in a digital manner that didn’t require a manual lookup from old existing paper charts. As the system neared completion they were brought in to both help enter information in from the existing systems but also were allowed to work alongside the existing system to allow them to see just how effective and more efficient the new system would be in providing great healthcare.

It was certainly interesting learning about just how difficult moving to an automated system can be when people working in an office have relied on an older antiquated system for such a long time. The clinic has had nothing but positive results from the change and wish they would have made the change sooner.

Customer:

Is this it?

Alex :

Yes, 583 words.

Alex :

I need to sign off for a bit but review it and let me know if you have everything you need.

Customer:

OK

Customer:

Any references?

Alex :

No, but I can certainly get one for you.

Alex :

The Importance of EMR Implementation. October 10, 2012. Keith Fulmer. Knowledge Employed. Retrieved August 24th, 2013 from http://www.kforceblog.com/importance-of-emr-implementation.aspx.

Customer:

I need PUBH 6235 " program design" passed exam. Can you help?

Alex :

Not sure what that is. ??

Customer:

that is a course at Walden that I am taking in public health

Alex :

I'm not familiar with that.

Customer:

O k. is it possible to ask your friends?

Customer:

If not possible that is OK

Alex :

Sure, can you give me some specifics on the types of questions?

Alex :

Or an example question?

Customer:

I can give you the mid term question which I have

Alex :

Yeah, let me read through it and see if it might fit another expert.

Customer:

Can I send it here

Alex :

Sure

Alex :

Just paste it

Customer:

OK just a min.

Customer:

It is not clear but I will send it for viewing. I copied it after the test

Alex :

k

Customer:

Its too long to come

Alex :

Can you copy part of your screen and upload it?

Customer:

I will send few question OK

Alex :

Just send one or two and that will help.

Customer:

Health promotion was recognized for its potential to help control injury and disease and to promote health during the:

Answer

Selected Answer:

First quarter of the 20th century

Question 2

0 out of 1 points

The publication considered to have been the document that gave great momentum to the health promotion and disease prevention movement in America was:

Answer

Selected Answer:

Healthy Nation 1970

Question 3

1 out of 1 points

When a person is healthy, without signs and symptoms of disease, illness, or injury, the level of prevention most appropriate would be:

Answer

Selected Answer:

Primary prevention

Question 4

0 out of 1 points

Assumptions of Health Promotion include all of the following EXCEPT:

Answer

Selected Answer:

Initiating and maintaining a behavior change is difficult.

Question 5

1 out of 1 points

One of the basic assumptions of health promotion is that health status can be changed.

Answer

Selected Answer:

True

Question 6

1 out of 1 points

The first evaluations were done in what field?

Answer

Selected Answer:

Education

Question 7

1 out of 1

Alex :

Ok, here's what you should do. I will cancel this question because having my name in the question name will cause experts to think it's just for me. Open a new question titled "Public Health Questions", that is the best option. You won't be charged because you've already made your deposits.

Alex :

I can close this one and it doesn't count against your questions that you didn't rate and will keep you in good shape from that perspective.

Alex :

If you need anything else that I can help with please let me know!

Alex :

Have a good evening, I'll cancel this in the morning just in case you have another question in regards XXXXX XXXXX

Customer:

just a min Let me read

Customer:

Are you there?

Alex :

y

Customer:

I am here

Alex :

Yes, I'm here.

Customer:

Do you want me to open it to other?

Alex :

Just open a question in the same homework category as this.

Customer:

This exam is due tomorrow night

Alex :

Put the word "urgent" in the heading of your question.

Customer:

I should copy the same questions and paste in here with urgency

Alex :

Copy the questions but post them in a new question, not this one.

Customer:

You mean to do a different questions other than the one I sent to you?

Alex :

Yes, exactly.

Alex :

And I will close this one tomorrow.

Alex :

No charge of course.

Customer:

Ok

Alex :

I'm going to sign off for tonight, have a good evening.

Customer:

This is my last test for the semester

Customer:

Bye

Customer:

URGENT!!!! I am looking for passed exam for PUBH 6235 program design, planning and evaluation. Below is the passed midterm. Note the exam is due for today Sunday

Instructions

Please answer each question below and click Submit when you have completed the Quiz.

Answer

Selected Answer:

First quarter of the 20th century

Question 2

0 out of 1 points

Answer

Selected Answer:

Healthy Nation 1970

Question 3

1 out of 1 points

Answer

Selected Answer:

Primary prevention

Question 4

0 out of 1 points

Answer

Selected Answer:

Question 5

1 out of 1 points

Answer

Selected Answer:

True

Question 6

1 out of 1 points

Answer

Selected Answer:

Education

Question 7

1 out of 1 points

Alex, Engineer
Experience: BS in Business Administration with a major in MIS. 15+ years experience in software design and development.
Expert:  Angela--Mod replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I'm a moderator for this topic. I've been working hard to find another professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!

Best,

Angela