R.R. Jha
R.R. Jha, Tutor
Experience:  B.Tech
20870358

I must re-work my simple simple contact manager application.

I must re-work my simple simple contact manager application. This application will track personal information about the user's friends and acquaintances. The user will be able to enter information for new contacts and also lookup information for a contact.
You will improve your Contact Manager program by adding exceptions and error handling so that it will handle any user input errors gracefully. My new Contact Manager II program must meet the following requirements:

Names must consist of ONLY alphabetic characters, spaces, and punctuation. If any digits are entered, an exception handler must catch the error, display an appropriate error message in a message box, and give the user the opportunity to re-enter the name.

If the name is XXXXX XXXXX capitalized, an exception handler must catch the error, display an appropriate warning message in a message box, and the program must properly capitalize the name.

Telephone numbers must consist of digits, parentheses, and/or hyphens, e.g. "(XXX) XXX-XXXX". If any characters, commas, etc., are entered, an exception handler must catch the error, display an appropriate error message in a message box, and give the user the opportunity to re-enter the phone number.

Email addresses must include an "@"; otherwise, same as above.

Here is a link to download the original contact manager program to use as a base: http://wikisend.com/download/479482/contacts.py
Category: Homework
Expert:  Josie-Mod replied 1 year ago.

I'm Josie and I'm a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with our professionals to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of our professionals.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

Also remember that JustAnswer has a multitude of categories to help you with all your needs from Pet to Legal.

Thank you,

Josie~Moderator

Expert:  Mr. Gregory White replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is Greg.

Thanks for asking your programming prompt. Many experts have reviewed your question so far, but no one at this time has felt comfortable trying to help. The question may be just to difficult or not informative enough or priced to low.

Can you provide the specifics of what you are needing for this assignment as what you have provided above does not really show what is required. The more information you can provide, the easier it will be to find an expert who is best able to support your needs.

You can upload using a file sharing site such as mediafire.com or wikisend.com and then share the link here with us.

Hopefully someone will be able to provide a response to you soon.
Expert:  R.R. Jha replied 1 year ago.

I'd be glad to help with your question. I'll include the exception handlers and get back to you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Time frame is short on this one since its been waiting so long. I would need this by 11pm EST tonight or not at all.
Expert:  R.R. Jha replied 1 year ago.
Ok, I'll send the program earlier than that.
Expert:  R.R. Jha replied 1 year ago.
Which version of python are you using?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Python V3
Expert:  R.R. Jha replied 1 year ago.
v3.3?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I believe so. It's the most current one that I'm using.
Expert:  R.R. Jha replied 1 year ago.
Ok
Expert:  R.R. Jha replied 1 year ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
R.R. Jha, Tutor
Experience: B.Tech