Raj
Raj, Engineer
Experience:  4 + Experiance in IT Industry

To Raj, I have an issue and need your help. I have created

To Raj,

I have an issue and need your help. I have created a program and I have also created a database program. I need to insert the data from the file directly into the database program. Then I need to modify the first program I created to add data to the database and then modify it to display database entries in a JTextArea. I have the two programs I created and can send those to you. I would appreciate your help in this matter.
Category: Homework
Expert:  Raj replied 10 months ago.
Hi there,

Thank you for requesting for me.
Please send me the codes and let me have a look on the codes.
If possible also send me the rewuirement document.

Thank you
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

Ok, I will send the programs as an attachment separately when I get back home. It will be around 7:00 pm. What is a rewuirement document?

Expert:  Raj replied 10 months ago.
Ok No Problem.

Sorry it was typing error i ment requirement document.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

I am home and I am trying to send the java programs in Notepad as an attachment, but when I try to attach it will not attach. Do you know what I am doing wrong to try to send the programs to you? If so, please let me know what I am doing wrong so I can send them.

Expert:  Raj replied 10 months ago.
Try the step below:

Ok Here are the steps how you can send me the file.

STEP 1: GOTO Website www.wikisend.com
STEP 2: Upload your file there.
STEP 3: When Upload is 100% Complete it will provide the following details for the file:
FILE ID and Download Link
STEP 4: Copy both the details and post them here.

Thank You.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

File ID-324534-This is the first program for the fundraiser.
http://wikisend.com/download/324534/FundraiserDisplayb.java

File ID-963192-this is the program created for the database.

http://wikisend.com/download/963192/FundraiserDisplaybpart2.java

Here is the information you requested. Thanks for helping me. And what I have a do with this is:

insert data from the first file created directly into database created.

modify the first program add data to the database and

modify first program to display database entries in a JTextArea.

I hope you can understand this. I am having issues with this. I really appreciate your help and I hope you can help me.

Expert:  Raj replied 10 months ago.
I would also like to know the database details to be used.
Or the text file contents that will be loded in first code to be stored into database.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

I do not understand what you mean by database details. Can you give me an example? And I will check on text file contents.

Expert:  Raj replied 10 months ago.
Like with database you mean SQL Database or storing simply in TEXT File.

If its SQL Database than I will need details of such as:
1. Table Name in which data will be stored,
2. Table Structure,
3. Also the file that you will be reading in first code if you can provide it.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

I know it is suppose to be a sequential file and I have to modify the GUI to connect to the database and add entries to it and read entries from it. I am suppose to use the first file (fundraiser file that was sent). Does this make any sense?

Expert:  Raj replied 10 months ago.
Actually no.

Untill I have the database table information in which you have to add entries or read entries, I will not be able to write the code for them in particular.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

Ok. I will get the database table information and get it to you.

Expert:  Raj replied 10 months ago.
No Problem take your time.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

I don't want to hold up your time especially since you are willing to help me with this. Thanks.

Expert:  Raj replied 10 months ago.
You are Welcome and there is no problem because I can't help on this with incomplete information.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

It looks like it will be in SQL for the database management system. The problem is I do not have a table name, table structure, and I thought the first file I sent, the fundraiser was the file that had the first code in it. Can a table name & table structure be created?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.

Or can you just modify the first file(324534) for me to be able to display database entries in a JTextArea without the table name and table structure? Is that possible?

Expert:  Raj replied 10 months ago.
I can write a query in it to display a particular table data using query but can't gurantee that it will run on your software because that table will be missing in your SQL database.
Will that be fine with you?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

It will have to be. Will you be able to use the programs I sent to you? I have to have that information in there. Will I be able to put the table in the SQL database later on? Hope so, if not, then it will still have to be fine with me. Thanks for your help. Also, can you highlight the part that will modify the program to display database entries in the JTextArea? I would like to see what that looks like.

Expert:  Raj replied 10 months ago.
No problem I will provide you the code along with the explaination.
Also the screen shot of the output the code will generate after pulling data from database.
Is that fine with you?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

Yes, that is fine with me. Thanks.

Expert:  Raj replied 10 months ago.
You are welcome
Expert:  Raj replied 10 months ago.
Code is ready am uploading it in next 15 min
Expert:  Raj replied 10 months ago.
I have included the screen shot of the compiling code as well as the output of the code.

Compiling Screen Shot of the code:

graphicOutput of the code:
graphic

Please use the link below to download the code file(FundraiserDisplay.java):
http://www.mediafire.com/?b3txr1ks77ra9jc

NOTE : I have modified the code inside Action Listener Function fully along with comments to Explain which command is for what. Also have imported the SQL class files which are required for performing SQL work. Have added three variables to be used for connection, query and resultset.

If you face any difficulty than feel free to ask for help.

If the solution file is satisfactory than Please don't forget to RATE the Answer.
It will hardly take few seconds to RATE my Answer

Thank You and Have a Good Day.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

Question, one of the screenshots you sent is the part I asked to be highlighted? The part to modify the first program to display database entries in a JTextArea? Thanks for using the attachments I sent to complete this.

Expert:  Raj replied 10 months ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Raj, Engineer
Experience: 4 + Experiance in IT Industry