R.R. Jha
R.R. Jha, Tutor
Experience:  B.Tech
20870358

P9.18 Consider the task of translating a plain text book from

Customer Question

P9.18 Consider the task of translating a plain text book from Project Gutenberg (http://gutenberg.org) to HTML. For example, here is the start of the first chapter of Tolstoy’s Anna KEditarenina: Chapter 1 Happy families are all alike; every unhappy family is unhappy in its own way. Everything was in confusion in the Oblonskys' house. The wife had discovered that the husband was carrying on an intrigue with a French girl, who had been a governess in their family, and she had announced to her husband that she could not go on living in the same house with him ... The equivalent HTML is: Chapter 1

Happy families are all alike; every unhappy family is unhappy in its own way.

Everything was in confusion in the Oblonskys’ house. The wife had discovered that the husband was carrying on an intrigue with a French girl, who had been a governess in their family, and she had announced to her husband that she could not go on living in the same house with him ...

The HTML conversion can be carried out in two steps. First, the plain text is assembled into segments, blocks of text of the same kind (heading, paragraph, and so on). Then each segment is converted, by surrounding it with the HTML tags and converting special characters. Fetching the text from the Internet and breaking it into segments is a challenging task. Provide an interface and a mock implementation. Combine it with a class that uses the mock implementation to finish the formatting task.

P10.10 Implement a subclass Square that extends the Rectangle class. In the constructor, accept the x- and y-positions of the center and the side length of the square. Call the setLocation and setSize methods of the Rectangle class. Look up these methods in the documentation for the Rectangle class. Also supply a method getArea that computes and returns the area of the square. Write a sample program that asks for the center and side length, then prints out the square (using the toString method that you inherit from Rectangle) and the area of the square.

P10.12 Make a class Employee with a name and salary. Make a class Manager inherit from Employee. Add an instance variable, named department, of type String. Supply a method toString that prints the manager’s name, department, and salary. Make a class Executive inherit from Manager. Supply appropriate toString methods for all classes. Supply a test program that tests these classes and methods.
Category: Homework
Expert:  R.R. Jha replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to JA!

I'd be glad to help with your question. There are three projects in your question. Please confirm whether you'd be paying separately for each project. You may also consider the option of adding bonus after rating the answer, because the question is currently underpriced considering the amount of work involved. Let me know which way you prefer. Also let me know the due date.

Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I would increase the price of this question once I get the answers depending on what you like. That is not going to be a problem, dont worry about the money. I would require the 1st question by today i.e. sunday august 18th 2013 by 6pm and the rest two by august 23-24th depending on when you can finish.Please let me the the answer for the 1st one i.e P9.18, I do have my ebook also with me if you require it to see some chapter or the question more closely.

thank you

Expert:  R.R. Jha replied 1 year ago.
Ok, I'll work out the first project and send answer to you soon. You can pay for it by rating the answer. Then you can add the bonus when I send the rest of them by 23rd.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX

Expert:  R.R. Jha replied 1 year ago.
Ok. I'd be using Netbeans 7.3 for the projects. Let me know if you need the whole Netbeans project folder or only the code files.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes you could use netbeans, I think I would only need the code files within the folder since we sumbit the .java files to our prof. and then he checks the code if they are correct by running them and seeing if there are'nt any errors.

Expert:  R.R. Jha replied 1 year ago.
Ok, I'll send .java files only.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

perfect.

Expert:  R.R. Jha replied 1 year ago.
Ok
Expert:  R.R. Jha replied 1 year ago.
Please download file below

https://app.box.com/s/3gpea4ciny8jx6dea5w0

Please leave a rating.

Thanks
R.R. Jha, Tutor
Experience: B.Tech
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank You so much for your service, I am assuming that you would work on the rest 2 labs and than I would give your"excellent" rating in the end after i raise my price from 70$ to 200$.

Thanks once again.

Expert:  R.R. Jha replied 1 year ago.
Most welcome!

You may leave the rating now paying $70. Then option to bonus would become available to you. You can use that option to add $130 as bonus when I post the rest 2 labs.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I think I have payed you 70$, please work on the rest 2 questions and submit even before date if possible. Since sooner you give me the files the sooner you will get your income.

Thanks mr. jha

Expert:  R.R. Jha replied 1 year ago.
Ok, Karan, I will :)
And just confirming that I received the payment, thank you.
Expert:  R.R. Jha replied 1 year ago.
Please download files below. Please don't rate this answer, instead use the bonus option on the previous rating you left.

https://app.box.com/s/lbml07eu8ru2lrnfyv4s

https://app.box.com/s/veaizw3du6zpy31fjmp7

Let me know anytime you need help with other problems. Just add 'For RRJha' at the start of your new question, send them in and I'll get back to you.

Thanks
R.R. Jha, Tutor
Experience: B.Tech
Expert:  R.R. Jha replied 1 year ago.

Were you able to retrieve rest of the project files?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I just saw the files, yesterday I had a terrible internet connectivity problem because of which I was not able to reply to your questions, So sorry for that. I was just figuring out how do I pay you? I just cant see any option on my screen like I saw earlier. Also I have 6 more labs that have to be taken care of so I was wondering instead of asking some other expert do you mind those as well and how much would you charge for them...please give a honest price .. :)

If you could complete the rest labs than what i could do is pay the whole lump-sum together instead of several different payments for each of the 8 labs (2 old + 6 new).

Thanks and let me know what works for you

Expert:  R.R. Jha replied 1 year ago.
There should be an option like 'Add Bonus' or 'Add tip', round about same location where you left the rating yesterday. You can use that to add $130.

As for other labs, I can't make an offer unless I see how much work needs to be done for other labs. Please put questions for other labs in a word document, upload the document at wikisend.com or mediafire.com and post file download link here. I'll review them and let you know.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

There you go, I was spending the rest of 2 days finding the questions. These are the 6 questions which i would want to ask the codes for. Tell me the price and kindly do them as soon as possible for me to submit them.

P11.1 Write a program that asks a user for a file

name and prints the number of characters,words, and

lines in that file.

P11.3 Write a program CopyFile that copies one file

to another. The file names are XXXXX XXXXX the

command line. For example,

java CopyFile report.txt report.sav

P11.5 Write a program Find that searches all files

specified on the command line and prints out all

lines containing a reserved word. For example,
if you call
java Find ring report.txt address.txt Homework.java

then the program might print

report.txt: has broken up an international ring of

DVD bootleggers that address.txt: Kris Kringle,

North Pole address.txt: Homer Simpson, Springfield
Homework.java: String filename;

The reserved word is always the first command line

argument.

P11.8 Get the data for names in prior decades from

the Social Security Administration.
Paste the table data in files named

babynames80s.txt, etc. Modify the BabyNames.java
program so that it prompts the user for a file name.

The numbers in the files have
comma separators, so modify the program to handle

them. Can you spot a trend in
the frequencies?

P12.4 Write a program that teaches arithmetic to a

young child. The program tests
addition and subtraction. In level 1 it tests only

addition of numbers less than 10
whose sum is less than 10. In level 2 it tests

addition of arbitrary one-digit numbers.
In level 3 it tests subtraction of one-digit numbers

with a nonnegative difference.
Generate random problems and get the player input.

The player gets up to two tries
per problem. Advance from one level to the next when

the player has achieved a
score of five points.

P12.8 Airline seating. Write a program that assigns

seats on an airplane. Assume the
airplane has 20 seats in first class (5 rows of 4

seats each, separated by an aisle) and
90 seats in economy class (15 rows of 6 seats each,

separated by an aisle). Your program
should take three commands: add passengers, show

seating, and quit. When
passengers are added, ask for the class (first or

economy), the number of passengers
traveling together (1 or 2 in first class; 1 to 3 in

economy), and the seating preference
(aisle or window in first class; aisle, center, or

window in economy). Then try
to find a match and assign the seats. If no match

exists, print a message. Your solution
should include a class Airplane that is not coupled

with the Scanner or PrintStream
classes. Follow the design process that was

described in this chapter.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

There not in an easy format to understand I am retyping them below:

P11.1 Write a program that asks a user for a file name and prints the number of characters,words, and lines in that file.

P11.3 Write a program CopyFile that copies one file to another. The file names are XXXXX XXXXX the

command line. For example,

java CopyFile report.txt report.sav

P11.5 Write a program Find that searches all files specified on the command line and prints out all lines containing a reserved word. For example, if you call

then the program might print report.txt: has broken up an international ring of DVD bootleggers that address.txt: Kris Kringle, North Pole address.txt: Homer Simpson, Springfield Homework.java: String filename;

The reserved word is always the first command line argument.

P11.8 Get the data for names in prior decades from the Social Security Administration. Paste the table data in files named babynames80s.txt, etc. Modify the BabyNames.java program so that it prompts the user for a file name. The numbers in the files have comma separators, so modify the program to handle them. Can you spot a trend in
the frequencies?

P12.4 Write a program that teaches arithmetic to a young child. The program tests addition and subtraction. In level 1 it tests only addition of numbers less than 10 whose sum is less than 10. In level 2 it tests
addition of arbitrary one-digit numbers. In level 3 it tests subtraction of one-digit numbers with a nonnegative difference.Generate random problems and get the player input. he player gets up to two tries
per problem. Advance from one level to the next when the player has achieved a score of five points.

P12.8 Airline seating. Write a program that assigns seats on an airplane. Assume the airplane has 20 seats in first class (5 rows of 4
seats each, separated by an aisle) and 90 seats in economy class (15 rows of 6 seats each, separated by an aisle). Your program
should take three commands: add passengers, show seating, and quit. When passengers are added, ask for the class (first or economy), the number of passengers traveling together (1 or 2 in first class; 1 to 3 in
economy), and the seating preference (aisle or window in first class; aisle, center, or window in economy). Then try to find a match and assign the seats. If no match exists, print a message. Your solution
should include a class Airplane that is not coupled with the Scanner or PrintStream classes. Follow the design process that was described in this chapter.

Expert:  R.R. Jha replied 1 year ago.
Ok, I'm reviewing these questions. But could you please first make payment for the last two projects I sent, P10.10 and P10.12?
As I said before, you can use the bonus option to add $130.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I think I payed you something....I clicked on rate this question..gave it good rating than it asked me to confirm some money and I did...not sure how much I payed you..already payed you 70 $ before....so just check If i payed you the grand total or something is missing?!

PS: please keep working on the questions thanks

Expert:  R.R. Jha replied 1 year ago.
Ok, let me clarify the payments you've made until now.
You already had paid $70 before when you rated the first project. But then I see the question value was decreased from $70 to $40, and $30 from the first payment was refunded to you. Not sure why. So, effectively you paid $40 for the first project.

Now when you just rated the answer for next two projects, you paid $40.

So, you've paid $80 in total until now for first three projects. I undertook them under impression that you would be paying $200 for all three together. Could you add the remaining amount as bonus or tip? Option to add the bonus should be round about the same post where you just left the rating.

And I'll start working on the next set of 6 projects as soon as we've cleared pending payments for previous set. I'll hope to work them one by one and send to you over next few days.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

This is what i get whenever I add bonus of $120 to pay you, probably because of plenty of transactions, I would suggest when you are done with the new questions and then there is an option to rate and pay you I could than take care of the remaining expense all at once. I added the picture so that you don't feel that I am bragging about it.

Thanks a tonn

error message

Expert:  R.R. Jha replied 1 year ago.
Ok, the issue seems that you're unable to transfer amount from your mastercard to Justanswer account. And that's why I think you're unable to add the bonus as you currently don't have sufficient balance in Justanswer account.
Could you please contact the email id that is provided on the page you just sent? They can help solve the amount transfer and bonus issue.

Meanwhile, I'll start working on the first project of the next set and get back to you by tomorrow.

Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

did you recieve?!

Expert:  R.R. Jha replied 1 year ago.
Yes, just received it. Thank you!
Expert:  R.R. Jha replied 1 year ago.
Hi Karan,

First two of the six projects are ready. I think price of $40 for each of them would be appropriate. Please create a new thread for $40 and add 'For RRJha' at the start. You don't have to post the problems again as I already received them all. Just create a new question with text 'For RRJha' and I'll send both projects together. After rating it, just add $40 bonus. I'll try to finish them all by tomorrow.

Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Mr. Jha

I would appreciate if you could upload all the questions together and I could pay you at once since as you had witnessed that multiple payments is not my cup of tea.

Thanks

Expert:  R.R. Jha replied 1 year ago.
I can understand, going by the previous issue we had. But I think that issue was primarily because of not having enough funds in your Justanswer account. If you create a new question, that would ascertain funds at the start and make sure you don't have a problem afterwards. In fact that's a cleaner way, and other customers on this forum have been doing it same way. You can create a new question each time, adding 'For RRJha' at the start, and leave the rating (and bonus) only once in that question. As there are many projects, I would also prefer being paid as I work through them.

Let me know.

Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Mr. Jha

I had already told you in advance regarding my expectations from you as an expert. I had clearly mentioned numerous time That i would pay lump sum since i don't have the whole day to complete multiple transactions ( If i had i would have contacted other experts and asked all of the answers to different experts, setting different rates). Instead I chose you so that I dont have deal with daily tensions of opening threads and stuff and could easily get all the questions and their answers on a single page.

Before you started I mentioned couple of times that please upload all the files and i would pay you. If you could do that today that I could pay you today. It entirely depends on you. I DONT have problem in opening new thread but I do have problem carrying out 6 different transactions because of my credit-card company's policies.

Again update me if you decide for any changes.

Expert:  R.R. Jha replied 1 year ago.
Ok, then it's alright. I'll send them all together in this thread, if that's convenient for you.
Since thread is valued only $40, you can make the payment for all six projects together by adding bonus like last time.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I absolutely will, thank you for your cooperation and I hope to see the answers soon.

Expert:  R.R. Jha replied 1 year ago.
You're most welcome!

By the way, I think you can also transfer a lump sum from credit card to your Justanswer account. Your money would remain safe in the Justanswer account. You can use it when you ask a question and you can withdraw remaining balance anytime. That should solve the multiple transaction issue.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I would love to figure that out and use that approach in future transactions with you after we are done with these projects.

Expert:  R.R. Jha replied 1 year ago.
Ok :)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hello Mr. Jha,

Are we done yet?

Expert:  R.R. Jha replied 1 year ago.
Yes, last project was taking considerable time. It's almost done. I'll send them all by tonight.
Expert:  R.R. Jha replied 1 year ago.
It's ready. I'll post them in a few minutes.
Expert:  R.R. Jha replied 1 year ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.