judybailey52
judybailey52, Bachelor's degree
Experience:  20 years teach mathematics and 20 years of tutoring

Your assignment is to choose and objective relevant to primary

Your assignment is to choose and objective relevant to primary grades science. You should use a state standard just as you did for assignment 1. Then use the same lesson plan outline that you did for assignment 1 (see the table below) to create an inquiry based science lesson.

For this assignment, instead of an initial activity you will start your lesson with a “motivating question” which should be a question that will be posed for the students to form hypothesis about? For the extension of the lesson instead of activities, I would like you to come up with at least two well thought out questions that you could ask your students that may require further investigations to take place. These questions could be what if questions about changing a variable.
Category: Homework
Expert:  Gwyn replied 11 months ago.
Hello there. Could you post the lesson plan template or at least let me know what the required headings are? Also, do you have a specific grade level in mind? Which state's standards are you using? Finally, when is this assignment due?

Thanks so much, and I will chat with you soon.

Gwyn
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Here is my Lesson Plan on Recycling for Early Childhood, this is assignment 1. Its Georgia State Standards.

Materials required: scrap paper, water, blender, large mixing bowl, screen
Activity Time: 30-45 minutes
Concepts Taught: conservation, changing physical states, recycling

Physical Science

SKP1. Students will describe objects in terms of the materials they are made of and their physical properties.

a. Compare and sort materials of different composition (common materials include clay, cloth, paper, plastic. Etc.)

b. Use senses to classify common materials, such as buttons or swatches of cloth, according to their physical attributes (color, size, shape, weight, texture buoyancy, flexibility)

Procedures:
1.Save classroom paper scraps for several days. Children may also want to bring in some from home. (I encourage this so that they can feel they have provided something personal to the project & they can inform parents about the need for recycling.)
2. Set up blender (or can use a food processor).
3. Explain blender safety: a. only an adult can use the blender because of sharp blades. b. The lid must always be on the blender until all motion of the blades has stopped.
4. Have students begin to add a few small scraps of paper into the blender pitcher.
5. Add just enough water to thoroughly soak paper.
6 Place lid on the pitcher and begin blending.
7. After a few seconds, check the mixture. Add water and paper as needed.
8. Empty the pulpy mixture into a bowl.
9. Repeat steps 4 through 8 until bowl is nearly full or until each student has had a turn helping create the mixture.
10. Outside, or over a large basin (a water table is ideal!) pour and spread the pulp in the bowl over the screen.
11. Place the screen outside or in a warm, dry area for several hours. (overnight is best!)
12. After several hours, touch the screen to see if the pulp is dry.
13. When pulp is dry, slowly peel the paper off the screen.
14. Cut the paper into small squares for each student.

Discussion:
1. Talk about what happened to the paper when water was added to it. What happened to it in the blender?
2. Why did it go back to being like paper?
3. How is this paper different from the paper we use to write and draw on?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Relist: Answer came too late.
Expert:  Gwyn replied 11 months ago.
Did you need an answer tonight? My apologies for the delay; I had to pick my daughter up from daycare and then cook supper.
Expert:  Gwyn replied 11 months ago.
I will opt so that another expert can assist you more quickly.

Have a great night,

Gwyn
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

I'm so sorry Gwyn, I am having computer issues. I would love if you could help with this assignment. If I could have this by the by the 17th that would be great. Since your schedule is going to be full. If you opt out, I will understand. Just having technical issues.

Expert:  judybailey52 replied 11 months ago.
Hello. I'd be happy to assist you. I want to be certain that I understand what you are looking for.

You have a lesson plan and you need at least two well thought out questions that you could ask your students that may require further investigations to take place.

Is that correct? You need opening questions which would turn this into an inquiry or student self discovery lesson.

Judy
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Yes that's what I need, I think. Here is the assignment:

Unit 33 presented a basic formula for facilitating science investigations: the teacher poses a question, listens to hypothesis or predictions, allows students to investigate and collect data, listens to the data from the class and records it for the class to see. Then the teacher facilitates a discussion to compare the data with the original hypotheses.

Concept:

This is stated in complete sentence(s) and is appropriate for a primary classroom.

Objective/ Standard:

This states a specific state standard.

Materials:

Lists all materials needed for the investigation.

Advanced Preparation:

This includes all tasks that must be completed by the teacher before the lesson.

Procedure:

------------------see below----------------------------------------

motivating question

This is the question that you will pose for your students to form hypothesis about.

how to do it

This section provides an overview of the activity that you will have the students do to conduct research.

Evaluation:

State at least 2 questions that you as the teacher will ask yourself to determine if your students are working and learning, and not just playing

Extension:

Includes two questions that you will ask at the end of this investigation that may lead to further investigations? These may be what if questions.

I think you are right. I'll send you several choices this morning.

Judy
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Activity Time: 30-45 minutes

Physical Science

Procedures:
8. Empty the pulpy mixture into a bowl.

Discussion:

Let me know if there is something that I can do to improve this? I'm just a newby, and always open to new ideas.

THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
judybailey52, Bachelor's degree
Experience: 20 years teach mathematics and 20 years of tutoring