LogicPro
LogicPro, Engineer
Experience:  Expert in Java C++ C C# VB Javascript Design SQL HTML
29751445

Design and implement a stringed musical instrument class using

Design and implement a stringed musical instrument class using the following guidelines:

Data fields for your instrument should include number of strings, an array of string names representing string names (e.g. E,A,D,G), and boolean fields to determine if the instrument is tuned, and if the instrument is currently playing. You are welcome to add additional data fields if you like.
A constructor method that set the tuned and currently playing fields to false.
Other methods 1) to tune the instrument, 2) to start the instrument playing, and 3) to stop the instrument from playing.
Other methods as you see fit (Add at least one unique method).

Create a UML class diagram using a diagram tool (e.g. PPT, Visio) of your choice. Prepare the diagrams and place them in a word document along with a brief description of each of your classes.

Create a Java class for your instrument. Be sure that your code matches your design specifications and some minimal functionality is included. For example, if you called the violin.play() method, you should at least print that the violin is playing. Similar functionality should be supplied when you stop playing, tune or call any of your methods. For example:

public void playviolin() {
System.out.println("The violin is now playing.");
}

Write the output from your Instrument class methods to a text file that a user entered from the command line arguments (e.g. java Mynamep3tst myfilename.txt). This allows your program to accept filenames from the user via a command line argument.

Finally, create a Java test class that simulates using your instrument class. In your test class be you should at a minimum: a) Construct 10 instances of your instrument, b) tune your instruments, c) Start playing your instrument, d) Call your unique method, and e) Stop playing your instruments. (Hint: Arrays and Loops will make your job easier and result in more efficient code!)

Your programs should compile and run without errors.

Be sure to test your program carefully. Provide a list of comprehensive test cases used to validate your application and include these test cases in your word document containing your UML diagrams and descriptions. Similar to Project 1, your test data can be shown in a table that includes input data, expected output, actual output and pass/fail results from the test.

Submission requirements:

Your deliverables include a Java instrument file, Java test file and a Word document. The Java instrument file should be named Instrument.java. The Java test file should be named Yournamep3test.java. Your word document should include your test table, and UML diagrams and descriptions and be named Yournamep3.doc. Your completed assignment should be submitted to your Project 3 assignment area no later than the due date listed in the syllabus.
Welcome to JustAnswer.
Please wait while I provide the answer
Download this zip file:
http://www.wikisend.com/download/890410/StringedMusicalClass.zip

Unzip to get required java files, compiled class files, document containing output, documebt containing test plan and UML and a batch file to run the java file and pass command line argument.

You can right click on run.bat and click edit to see the contents or double click on it to execute java files if path variable is configured.

You can ask me again using "For LogicPro only" at the start of your questions like other customers to get instant answers.
It will ensure that question is for me.
Please bookmark my profile page:
http://www.justanswer.com/homework/expert-logicpro/
so you can come back and ask me a question anytime.
Remember, if for any reason you are unsatisfied with my answer, we can continue the conversation until you’re satisfied and rate my answer as excellent. I can address follow up questions on original requirements at no extra charge and I’m always here to help. Thank you for using JustAnswer!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Done this one before? That was quick

Stephanine,
Similar one. one year ago. Did changes for you :)

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I imported into Netbeans and it's saying there are errors on the violintest.java?

Download NetBeans project from here:
http://www.wikisend.com/download/903446/StringedMusicalClass.zip

unzip to get netbeans project folder
Open netbeans
Click on file->open project
Navigate to unzipped folder and click open
The project will be shown in left pane(project explorer)

Now read this file on how to set command line argument and to run the project

http://wikisend.com/download/944676/Click on Run menu.docx

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I followed those instructions and it still won't run properly, it's imported into netbeans but it's giving me the error when i try to run it that it's not a valid directory? I apologize I know this error is on my end

Please provide the screenshot and error message
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Right click on project and click on properties. Select Source in left hand pane,
Copy the project folder path.

Now click on Run in same box(left hand pane), paste the path in working directory text box. click ok,
Now run and check
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It was in the run section it was running from the incorrect folder. Working now. Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX the extra technical issues

Welcome :)
It will ensure that question is for me.
Please bookmark my profile page:
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The professor added some requirements for this project I was hoping you could help me with. Some of it you did already, but the professor says we have to include:

Requirements for Proj 3 are stringent. Ensure you have:
1. Program and code comments
2. Analysis and design documentation
3. Test Plan
4. Lessons learned and recommendations
5. UML Diagram (Visio, ppt)

Was hoping for you assistance especially with the analysis and design documentation part.

ok. I will review and reply in few hours
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thank you

welcome
1. Program and code comments (Already given)
2. Analysis and design documentation (See the attached document)
3. Test Plan (Already given)
4. Lessons learned and recommendations (See the attached document)
5. UML Diagram (Visio, ppt) (Already given)

#2 and #3 are new requirements and took a lot of time
Download : Analysis%20and%20design.docx

It contains answer of #2and #3
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes I know I apologize I will compensate you for your additional time. I have run into an additional problem. The files names have to include my name, and I went through the program and changed the class name so there are no errors, however now it wont work when it run it. Every time I run it it says:

Provide file name to write the data to
Java Result: 1
BUILD SUCCESSFUL (total time: 8 seconds)

Not sure what went wrong? I really apologize for being such a pain. Let me know how much you want for your time.

I also corrected what I assumed were spelling errors as violin was often spelled voilin, but maybe this was intentional?

THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!

You need to spend $3 to view this post. Add Funds to your account and buy credits.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Ahh, thank you. Glad it was an easy fix. Running fine again!

It will ensure that question is for me.
Please bookmark my profile page:
Hello Stephanine, How are you?
If you have other questions, You can ask me using "For LogicPro only" at the start of your questions to get instant answers.
It will ensure that question is for me.
Please bookmark my profile page:
http://www.justanswer.com/computer/expert-logicpro/

I would be happy to help you.
Hello Stephanine, How are you?
It will ensure that question is for me.
Please bookmark my profile page:

I would be happy to help you.
Hello Stephanine, How are you?
It will ensure that question is for me.
Please bookmark my profile page:

I would be happy to help you.