Martin, Physicist
Experience:  20+ years of research, engineering and teaching
47181708

1. calculate the sample size for a hypothesis test that will

1. calculate the sample size for a hypothesis test that will be required to detect an increase of 0.5σ from the mean of one population at α = 0.05 and β = 0.05? (Note: The population standard deviation is known use µ for the mean) (10 points)

2. The ACT exam has composite scores ranging from 1 to 36. It is generally thought that the mean composite score for the ACT is 20 points but it may have increased in the last years. SHOW ALL WORK PLZ

a)Write the null and alternative hypotheses.

b)Given n = 36, level of significance = 0.05, and Sigma= 5, Draw a normal curve and label “acceptance” and “rejection” regions. Find the value of x-bar that would cause us to reject the null hypothesis.

c)Draw the normal curves, label α and β regions, and hand-calculate the probability of a committing a Type II error, β, if the true population mean score is 21.2.

3. People were waiting in line to see a new movie. The following is the order in which males and females were in line. SHOW ALL WORK PLZ

F F M M M M M M F F F F M M M F F F F F M M M M M F F M M M

Test the sequence for randomness at the 0.05 level of significance.

State the Null and Alternative Hypotheses

State the test statistic V*:

State the critical region:

Decision:
Hello! I'll get started on these three questions for you. What is the deadline for this work (date/time/timezone)? Thanks
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for taking these questions. Deadline is 08/14/2013 9:00 pm Eastern Standard Time (U.S.A)

OK, thanks Daniel, I'm on it!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

great, plz be as detailed as you can. I will be using these to complete similar problems. thx again!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Just checking on how it is going....

THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!

You need to spend $3 to view this post. Add Funds to your account and buy credits.
Here you go -- PDF file. Please let me know if you have questions, and sorry for the delay!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thx !.. It's not a problem

OK great.