Martin, Physicist
Experience:  20+ years of research, engineering and teaching

1. calculate the sample size for a hypothesis test that will

Customer Question

1. calculate the sample size for a hypothesis test that will be required to detect an increase of 0.5σ from the mean of one population at α = 0.05 and β = 0.05? (Note: The population standard deviation is known use µ for the mean) (10 points)

2. The ACT exam has composite scores ranging from 1 to 36. It is generally thought that the mean composite score for the ACT is 20 points but it may have increased in the last years. SHOW ALL WORK PLZ

a)Write the null and alternative hypotheses.

b)Given n = 36, level of significance = 0.05, and Sigma= 5, Draw a normal curve and label “acceptance” and “rejection” regions. Find the value of x-bar that would cause us to reject the null hypothesis.

c)Draw the normal curves, label α and β regions, and hand-calculate the probability of a committing a Type II error, β, if the true population mean score is 21.2.

3. People were waiting in line to see a new movie. The following is the order in which males and females were in line. SHOW ALL WORK PLZ

F F M M M M M M F F F F M M M F F F F F M M M M M F F M M M

Test the sequence for randomness at the 0.05 level of significance.

State the Null and Alternative Hypotheses

State the test statistic V*:

State the critical region:

Decision:
Category: Homework
Expert:  Martin replied 10 months ago.
Hello! I'll get started on these three questions for you. What is the deadline for this work (date/time/timezone)? Thanks
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

Thanks for taking these questions. Deadline is 08/14/2013 9:00 pm Eastern Standard Time (U.S.A)

Expert:  Martin replied 10 months ago.

OK, thanks Daniel, I'm on it!

Customer: replied 10 months ago.

great, plz be as detailed as you can. I will be using these to complete similar problems. thx again!

Customer: replied 10 months ago.

Just checking on how it is going....

Expert:  Martin replied 10 months ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Martin, Physicist
Experience: 20+ years of research, engineering and teaching
Expert:  Martin replied 10 months ago.
Here you go -- PDF file. Please let me know if you have questions, and sorry for the delay!
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

Thx !.. It's not a problem

Expert:  Martin replied 10 months ago.
OK great.