David L.
David L., Engineer
Experience:  20 years experience writing white papers, tech publications
13852270

Using the case study below, develop a three- to five-page paper

Using the case study below, develop a three- to five-page paper that is well organized and provides specific answers to each part of the assignment. Your answer is to be complete and is to demonstrate your understanding of ALL of this semester’s lessons.

Case Study:
You are a consultant working with a dental office that has just merged with another dental practice. The original office housed 3 dentists, 2 dental assistants, and 1 receptionist in one location. With the merger, there are now 5 offices in different parts of the city, 15 dentists, 12 dental assistants, and 5 receptionists. Four of the dentists work in the offices but also are mobile in that they provide dental checkups to elderly patients in their homes or at the senior citizen centers, and to school children in the three inner-city elementary schools. The mobile dentists need to be able to send and receive patient records while they are out of the office. All the dentists and dental assistants must have real-time access to all patient records and daily schedules. The lead dentist has reminded you that they are required to meet HIPAA requirements for protecting patient information. You, as a telecommunications specialist, have been asked to design the telecommunications network to support this new multi-location practice. Others on the team will develop the applications and databases. Your task is to identify the requirements and design a network solution that will meet those requirements.

The Assignment:

Define the requirements and then design an appropriate network that would support this dental practice. Your answer should:
1. Analyze the given case and provide a clear set of requirements for the network solution
2. Identify the information that is to be protected and the related security requirements
3. Identify the types of network(s), components, devices and equipment that would be involved in meeting the needs of the stationary offices and the mobile dentists
4. Provide a network design diagram that clearly shows an appropriate network configuration to meet the requirements, with components properly labeled
5. Explain the benefits of the proposed network solution.
6. Identify the risks and risk mitigation strategies associated with the proposed network solution.

Your paper is to be prepared using APA format and include at least 3 academically credible references plus the class textbook and the class modules. Information from your research should be appropriately incorporated into your written work in your own words and properly cited. Extensive use of direct quotes is not permitted. Use the Grading Rubric below to ensure all aspects of the assignment have been adequately covered.

Grading Rubric
Attribute Full Points Partial Points No points Possible Points Points Earned
Network Requirements Minimum network requirements appropriately identified; demonstrates understanding of course concepts, analysis and critical thinking. Major components may be omitted, and/or minimum network requirements identified may be lacking in demonstration of understanding of course concepts, analysis and critical thinking. Network requirements identified do not apply to the case study. 20

Information Assets and Security Requirements The identified information assets and security requirements demonstrate understanding of course concepts, analysis and critical thinking. The identified information assets and security requirements may be lacking in demonstration of understanding of course concepts, analysis and critical thinking. The information assets to be protected and security requirements are not identified. 10
Network Solution Appropriate network types, components, devices and equipment are identified and accurately address the requirements.
Network types, components, devices and equipment identified are somewhat appropriate; and/or may only partially address the requirements, including the security requirements, of the proposed solution. No network types, components, devices or equipment are provided; or recommendation fails to address requirements. 20
Network Design Diagram

Network design diagram is appropriately integrated and demonstrates understanding of course concepts, analysis and critical thinking. Network diagram is professionally presented, is clear and appropriately conveys the information. Network design diagram is somewhat appropriately integrated; may be lacking in demonstration of understanding of course concepts, analysis, and/or critical thinking. Network diagram could be clearer, and/or could be improved to adequately convey the information. The network design diagram is not appropriate for design or is not provided. 20
Benefits of Proposed Solution Benefits of proposed solution are appropriately identified and demonstrate understanding of course concepts, analysis and critical thinking. Benefits of proposed solution may be lacking in demonstration of understanding of course concepts, analysis
Category: Homework
Expert:  David L. replied 1 year ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
David L., Engineer
Experience: 20 years experience writing white papers, tech publications
Expert:  Steve Herrod replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thanks for requesting me - it looks like this has been covered but let me know if you need me to provide anything.

Cheers

Steve