FiveStarLaw
FiveStarLaw, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer, Accountant and Researcher
9968427

hw help!

2. Which of the following is not a correct statement?

a. Pursuant to Kantian ethics, morality is judged by a person’s act. b. Pursuant to most ethical theories, law and ethical standards never conflict with one another; and thus if something is a law, it is, by definition, moral.

c. Pursuant to an ethics based on conscience or intuition, a person looks solely within himself or herself for ethical codes or moral determinations.

d. John Locke and Jean Jacques Rousseau would support the Social Contract theory of morality.

12. Someone who makes moral decisions ascertaining what a particular society believes is moral is applying which ethical theory?

a. Ethical relativism

b. Utilitarianism

c. Ethical fundamentalism

d. Kantian ethics

13. The ethical theory of Ethical Emotism can best be characterized by:

a. The consultation of an outside source, such as a book or person, for guidance.

b. The belief that persons who have a “veil of ignorance” about their place or station in society should determine moral rules.

c. The belief that a person must decide what course of action is proper based on that person’s own set of beliefs and feelings.

d. Determining which course of action produces the greatest amount of good for the greatest number of people.

24. Which of the following is NOT part of the beliefs of Kantian ethics?

a. All like cases should be treated alike.

b. Treating others as you want to be treated.

c. Choosing a course of action that produces the greatest good for society.

d. Abiding by the rules applied to others in making decisions.

30. Maria owns her own business and has just attended a cash flow management seminar where it was suggested the businesses should delay paying their suppliers as long as absolutely possible even if doing so violates the stated payment terms. Maria decides to continue paying her supplies on time in accordance with their payment terms because Maria would like her customers to pay her on time. Maria has reached her decision primarily in accordance with:

a. Ethical relativism

b. Utilitarianism

c. Corporate social responsibility

d. Kantian ethics.

36. A business that is willing to sacrifice some income in order to avoid during harm to others is typically applying which value to business?

a. Moral and ethical

b. Maximizing profit

c. Legal

d. Shareholder interest.

39. Kant condemned Utilitarian ethics as an immoral ethical theory most strongly because:

a. It is difficult to predict the consequences of an action.

b. It is difficult to measure quantities of consequences.

c. It is difficult to ascertain the qualities of consequences produced by an action.

d. It can treat human beings as means or instruments in order to achieve a greater good.

T F 1. A business that continues to operate its domestic factories in order to avoid layoffs rather than shift its production to lower cost facilities overseas is most directly applying the value part of stakeholder interests

T F 2. Oral defamatory statements must be communicated to a third person to be actionable.

T F 3 Kant condemned Utilitarian ethics as an immoral ethical theory most strongly because: It can treat human beings as means or instruments in order to achieve a greater good.

T F 4. Florida’s lowest trial court is Magistrate’s Court

T F 5. US corporations doing business overseas have to pay taxes to the United States every year

T F 6. Congress most utilized power to create legislation is the power to coin money.

T F 7. The sources of law include statutes and constitution only.

T F 8. Precedent is based upon stare decisis

T F 9. The only difference between a court of equity and a court of law is money.

T F 10. Substantive due process is the manner in which a right is protected.

T F 11. Personal jurisdiction refers to the power the court has over a particular subject matter.

T F 12. Federal district courts have original and appellate jurisdiction.

T F 13. Florida state circuit courts have original and appellate jurisdiction.

T F 14. Diversity jurisdiction refers to the various federal courts in a particular state.

T F 15. Florida circuit court jurisdiction includes landlord tenant law.

T F 16. Corporations receive a maximum benefit of 30% of taxes owed for all foreign taxes they pay.

T F 17. The purpose of NAFTA is to protect American workers.

T F 18. The Foreign Corrupt Trade Practices Act allows for some types of “bribery”.

T F 19. U.S. corporations must under all circumstances pay taxes in the U.S. for each fiscal year on all income earned whether earned overseas or here in the United States

Answer questions 19 and 20 by using the following hypothetical: John Doe applied for a position as a Sunday school teacher at Our Lady of the Fantastic Roman Catholic Church. John has a bachelor’s degree in Roman Catholic Theology. However, John is a practicing Jew. Father Justify is the pastor. He really wants to hire a roman catholic to be the teacher. He does not think that a Jew can really teach Catholicism. John has assured Father Justify that he can teach Roman Catholicism and not relate his own personal faith in his lessons.

T F 20. It is legal for Father Justify not to hire John because he is a Jew.

T F 21. “Reasonable accommodation” is the principle at work in this hypothetical.

Battery can

1. include an assault, but does not necessarily have to

2. must always have an assault with it.

3. Is the opposite of a battery

4. None of the above

A security officer stops an individual that leaves the store for shoplifting merely because a buzzer goes off, but subsequently ascertains that the person actually purchased the item at another store.  The store may

1. May be held liable for trespass

2. May be held liable for false imprisonment

3. Is immune from suit under the shopkeepers’ statute

4. None of the above.

Category: Homework
Expert:  FiveStarLaw replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for directing your question to me

I am working on your answer. One moment please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

ok no problem thank you for helping me

It is my pleasure Jessica
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

i dont want to seem as if im rushing u, im not at all! :) but do youo know how long this may take? That way I can continue with my essay questions? thanks!

About 20 minutes.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

ok great ill work on the other part thanks :)

Hi Jessica,

Here are my answers for comparison with your own:
http://www.mediafire.com/?kz85cqx4r5y24jb

I would be glad to continue our conversation and respond to any follow-up questions that you may have.

Thank you again for directing your questions to me. I look forward to working with you again in the future
FiveStarLaw, Lawyer
Experience: Lawyer, Accountant and Researcher
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

do you also help with essay questions??

THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!

You need to spend $3 to view this post. Add Funds to your account and buy credits.